Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 Available!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > bjohn13

Rate this Entry

Offseason Commentary

Submit "Offseason Commentary" to Digg Submit "Offseason Commentary" to del.icio.us Submit "Offseason Commentary" to StumbleUpon Submit "Offseason Commentary" to Google
Posted 12-07-2017 at 08:55 AM by bjohn13

The Brooklyn roster did significantly turn around in the 1904 offseason, and I'm looking forward to 1905 to see it play out.

I was looking at a significant number of issues due to an aging roster, and I made a large number of moves just to increase the age ratio on the club. Gone are Dan Coogan, Hugh Hill, Jim St. Vrain, George Boone, Tad Quinn, Roger Bresnahan, Joe Hughes, Dave Brain, and Danny Hoffman. In return, I got a whole bunch of young players, but Shad Barry may be the only one to make an immediate impact in 1905.

I have a tremendous amount of confidence in my pitching staff, and I have a tremendous amount of depth in my bullpen. Offloading Boone, Bresnahan, and St. Vrain was necessary simply because I didn't have enough roster spots to accommodate all of the pitching talent I had. Those might be the most controversial of the moves I made simply because Boone, Bresnahan, and St. Vrain are all still very talented pitchers who will find homes on Major League rosters.

Shad Barry is going to be an interesting acquisition, though. He's exactly the type of player I look for in the trading market. He's still young, as he just turned 26. He has excellent defensive skill at all infield positions. He's a two-time Gold Glove winner, once at first base and once at second base. He's also coming off of a tough year where his offensive production declined significantly.

I don't expect Barry to take over the offense and return to the .300 hitting days he had in his first three yars in the Bigs, but if he can plug my gaping hole at either first base or third base, he will have been a valuable acquisition.

In other news, some of my aging stars will definitely be expected to take a lesser role in 1905. While I could see Billy Hamilton, Lave Cross, and Jake Beckley all winding up as the starters at their respective positions, the odds of that are pretty unlikely. Beckley is the one I expect to lose the most playing time. At this point, Billy Hamilton is projected to be the starting first baseman, moving in from the outfield to make room for Davy Jones' glove.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 26 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments