Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.4.40 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

OOTP Baseball 20 - AVAILABLE NOW!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > JoeyMac

Rate this Entry

First moves as Pirates GM

Submit "First moves as Pirates GM" to Digg Submit "First moves as Pirates GM" to del.icio.us Submit "First moves as Pirates GM" to StumbleUpon Submit "First moves as Pirates GM" to Google
Posted 12-19-2013 at 09:09 PM by JoeyMac

Well, Sandy Alomar Sr. has officially retired and I have been announced as GM of my home town team. The following moves were pretty easy but in italics I'll explain a little bit of my reasoning in the decision process.

10/31/13

• Francisco Liriano's $8 mil. team option for 2014 was executed. Obviously Liriano has had injury problems through out his career and these problems surfaced again last year but we know were not going to find a pitcher with higher upside on the open market with a smaller price tag.
  • Pedro Alvarez's $750K team option was executed for the 2014 season. I have my worries about Pedro but he's 26 years old and entering his prime years. I would be extremely happy with a .230/25+/85+ line.
  • Wandy Rodriguez executed his $13 mil. player option for the 2014 season. Were happy that Wandy will be back. He's been consistent through out his career and he will provide a great veteran presence to the rotation.
In league news Joe Girardi was fired from his post as manager of the New York Yankees. The team finished with a record of 81-81 and I guess their patience just ran out.

GM Chris Antonetti was forced out of his post by the Cleveland Indians. No replacement has been named.

Terry Francona was also forced out as Manager of the Indians. I would have thought they would have given Tito more than 1 year to work but that's the business some times.

GM Jed Hoyer was fired by the Chicago Cubs. They also got rid of Dale Sveum as manager. I guess Dale didn't take the news very well and trashed the clubhouse. The Cubs are considering pressing charges.

The Cardinals relieved John Mozeliak of his duties as GM. The club highlighted the need to change course or risk losing a sizeable chunk of the fan base.

Kevin Towers got the axe as GM of the Arizona Diamondbacks. The team announced that an interim GM will be put in place until a suitable replacement can be found.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 313 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments