Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 15 Released! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - OOTP 14: Update #7 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.5 Available! - Out Of The Park Baseball 14 Released! - iOOTP Baseball 2013 for iOS Available NOW! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Released - Buy Now!

Beyond the Sideline Football Announced!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 7x in 7 posts
Stolen Bases

Hi Folks,
I was wondering how to increase my leagues stolen base attempts and success %. It is currently set like this.
Stolen base attempts .926
Stolen Base Success % .992

The % of caught stealing in my league is about 60%.
How do I fix this?
phillsphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanked 328x in 212 posts
Is the 60% the percentage of runners who steal successfully or the percentage who are caught?

Online Leagues:
MLM (Oakland Athletics)
OTM (Detroit Diesel)
PATP (Motor City Mashers)
ULB (Columbus Crickets)
vMLB (Los Angeles Angels)
WBF (Kobe Wolves)

Past Online Leagues:
DKBL (St. Louis Cardinals)
N.A. Retro B.L. (Chicago Cubs)
N.A. Republics B.L. (Toronto Canucks/Minnesota Lumberjacks)
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 7x in 7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Is the 60% the percentage of runners who steal successfully or the percentage who are caught?
It says 60% are caught stealing. Did I explain that and confuse things? Ha, now I'm confusing myself. Approximately 60% of the runners who attempt to steal are caught. That better?
Old 03-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 75x in 40 posts
What is the sample size? It may not mean much if it's only a couple of games into the season...

I suppose the numbers you posted above are league modifiers for SB attempts and sucess. They should work very much as it sounds, as in a 1.200 SB sucess% increases the SB sucess in 20% (not 20% sucess, but 20% of the sucess you have at 1.000 modifier. Make sense?).

I have mine mixed and matched these numbers in my league several times, and it works like a charm in the majors. Minor leagues seem to be a different beast, mind you.
Righty Groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
phillsphan (03-25-2013)
Old 03-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 7x in 7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Righty Groove View Post
What is the sample size? It may not mean much if it's only a couple of games into the season...

I suppose the numbers you posted above are league modifiers for SB attempts and sucess. They should work very much as it sounds, as in a 1.200 SB sucess% increases the SB sucess in 20% (not 20% sucess, but 20% of the sucess you have at 1.000 modifier. Make sense?).

I have mine mixed and matched these numbers in my league several times, and it works like a charm in the majors. Minor leagues seem to be a different beast, mind you.

The sample size is 22 seasons played. The numbers I posted were from the league options page-strategy tab right side of page about half way down. SB attempts and below it SB Success %. I am really just looking to make my league have a better SB success rate, Having a runner thrown out 60% of the time makes me never want to steal.
So If I make the SB Success % 1.200 then that increase my chances of stealing successfully?
Old 03-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,341x in 1,111 posts
How good are the Catchers in you league? Out of my 16 team league the main starting C's, only 4 have an arm 7 or better. But even 1 of the 8 arm guys still only threw out 35% when he was my C but none of my 7 SP that I used had a hold ratings above 6.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
phillsphan (03-25-2013)
Old 03-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 115x in 85 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillsphan View Post
Hi Folks,
I was wondering how to increase my leagues stolen base attempts and success %. It is currently set like this.
Stolen base attempts .926
Stolen Base Success % .992

The % of caught stealing in my league is about 60%.
How do I fix this?

no matter what the league is i play in i have both modifiers set to 1.100
that might be too much of a jump for you. split the difference
make
the sbattempts 1.013
the sb % 1.046

that will probably give you something that looks better to you and not that much of a major jump in overall numbers without having to do anything with the players themselves
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
phillsphan (03-25-2013)
Old 03-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 7x in 7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
How good are the Catchers in you league? Out of my 16 team league the main starting C's, only 4 have an arm 7 or better. But even 1 of the 8 arm guys still only threw out 35% when he was my C but none of my 7 SP that I used had a hold ratings above 6.

There are 34 teams, catcher ranger from 5 through 18, with plenty of 10, 11 and 12s
Old 03-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 7x in 7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
no matter what the league is i play in i have both modifiers set to 1.100
that might be too much of a jump for you. split the difference
make
the sbattempts 1.013
the sb % 1.046

that will probably give you something that looks better to you and not that much of a major jump in overall numbers without having to do anything with the players themselves
Thanks much , those settings are working great for what I'm looking for in my league
Old 03-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,918x in 1,211 posts
Keep in mind that overall strategy settings affect the occurrence of certain events. For SB there is a big difference between normal and often.

RichW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Ignoring your posts because you're a bigot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis
Who am I to judge?
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 49x in 29 posts
How to adjust stolen bases and keep them in line with current MLB numbers has always perplexed me a bit. I understand the modifiers adjust automatically after each season, but after updating the league totals to 2012 numbers the one thing I noticed as a definite large drop in stolen bases. Is this something that will automaitcally adjust back or am I going to have to tweak it again. I'd like there to be roughly around 3,000 or so stolen bases each season with about a 60% success rate roughly around the mlb average.
phightin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,918x in 1,211 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phightin View Post
How to adjust stolen bases and keep them in line with current MLB numbers has always perplexed me a bit. I understand the modifiers adjust automatically after each season, but after updating the league totals to 2012 numbers the one thing I noticed as a definite large drop in stolen bases. Is this something that will automaitcally adjust back or am I going to have to tweak it again. I'd like there to be roughly around 3,000 or so stolen bases each season with about a 60% success rate roughly around the mlb average.
Over the last 6 RL seasons SB range from 2800-3280 per year. Success rate is much higher ranging from 72.2%-74.4%.

I checked back 11 season in my league and OOTP does a great job with these. For the last 6 seasons SB range from 2813-3144 per year and success rates 71.6%-74.7%. Couldn't ask for any more consistent or realistic output.

BTW I base my league on 2009 stats. IRL the SB for that year was 2970 and the success rate 72.3%

RichW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Ignoring your posts because you're a bigot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis
Who am I to judge?
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
phillsphan (03-30-2013)