Home | Webstore
Latest News: Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - OOTP 15 Announced! - OOTP 14: Update #7 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.5 Available! - Out Of The Park Baseball 14 Released! - iOOTP Baseball 2013 for iOS Available NOW! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Announced - Pre-Order Now!

Beyond the Sideline Football Announced!
  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2013, 06:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Historical Rookies

Sorry for the noob question, but I haven't been able to figure out a straight answer by searching the threads.

If I want to have random historical rookies show up in the draft pool (such as, say, Walter Johnson showing up as a draftable rookie in 2012), do I have to start my league as "New Historical Game", or can it work with a league launched as a "New Major League Game" (with 2012 rosters)?

I've been simming a "New Major League Game", and I thought I correctly selected the options to have historical rookies show up in the draft, but I haven't seen one through 5 seasons

Thanks!
Roy Keane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 7,098
Thanks: 4,571
Thanked 1,339x in 1,110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Keane View Post
Sorry for the noob question, but I haven't been able to figure out a straight answer by searching the threads.

If I want to have random historical rookies show up in the draft pool (such as, say, Walter Johnson showing up as a draftable rookie in 2012), do I have to start my league as "New Historical Game", or can it work with a league launched as a "New Major League Game" (with 2012 rosters)?

I've been simming a "New Major League Game", and I thought I correctly selected the options to have historical rookies show up in the draft, but I haven't seen one through 5 seasons

Thanks!
Do you have both Import Historical rookies & Players from all era's checked? You must have both.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Do you have both Import Historical rookies & Players from all era's checked? You must have both.
No....I had only checked Import Historical rookies

So, if I click both, I'll start to see Hall-of-famers show up in the draft pool? And this will work even if I'm playing in a "Major League Game" league, as opposed to an Historical league?
Roy Keane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 7,098
Thanks: 4,571
Thanked 1,339x in 1,110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Keane View Post
No....I had only checked Import Historical rookies

So, if I click both, I'll start to see Hall-of-famers show up in the draft pool? And this will work even if I'm playing in a "Major League Game" league, as opposed to an Historical league?
Yes. In one of my Fictional League setups I have random debut. Not sure if it matters when the draft is, but having the draft after November 1st might work best vs June 15th.

Last edited by The Game; 03-15-2013 at 11:15 AM.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Roy Keane (03-15-2013)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2013 Out of the Park Developments