Home | Webstore
Latest News: - OOTP 15: Update #4 Released! - OOTP 15 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available! - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Released - Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2012, 01:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Reset league to start?

Ok kids, I've searched the forums and have not found an answer so I am turning to the masses for some valuable input.

I am using OOTP11 and have begun a historical dynasty with Montreal in 1979. I started the season and am only four games in but would like to reset the league back to January 1 to start over and incorporate a couple position changes into Spring Training so my boys can get some experience at some new spots. Also, I'd like to disable free agency and it doesn't appear as if I can do this now that the season has started.

If neither of these are an option, do I need to recreate the entire league to go about incorporating these changes into my dynasty?

Any input would be appreciated.
DaveMagadanAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanked 383x in 261 posts
Yep you will have to restart all over again. The best way i would suggest is save your league as a template and just load that, should save you some time
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,648x in 1,005 posts
Did you make a backup of your league once you had it setup?

Rule #1 of OOTP - always, always, always make a backup of your league file at important times.

If not, save it as a template and then create the league again using the template.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Thanks for the replies.

I saved as template and loaded a new league but it's still set at the date I was at when I saved as a template (April 10). Any thoughts?
DaveMagadanAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bat Boy

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMagadanAllStars View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I saved as template and loaded a new league but it's still set at the date I was at when I saved as a template (April 10). Any thoughts?
Same thing happened to me. I renamed the template file prior to loading it and that took care of the problem.
Pjm8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
RonP (03-11-2012)