Home | Webstore
Latest News: - OOTP 15: Update #6 Released! - OOTP 15 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available! - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 World Series Special: 50% Off!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2004, 12:53 PM   #221 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1x in 1 post
thank you so much

gmo just curious how you do it so fast...your awesome
Old 09-06-2004, 04:06 PM   #222 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,025x in 1,677 posts
My theory is he's actually a benevolent cyborg.

"Things have taken a turn for the surreal."

"Bid them achieve me and then sell my bones."
Old 09-09-2004, 03:55 AM   #223 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1x in 1 post
gmo

when you get a chance...i am looking for 16 teams , 2 leagues, 8 teams per league, 1 divison per league for 162 games schedule.

i want interleague play....4 games per team (2home, 2 away) and balance as you can get for own division

and i want all star in middle of july

thanks
Old 09-09-2004, 03:17 PM   #224 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
16 team, 162 game schedule

2 leagues, 1 division per league, 8 teams per division
130 games in the division/league (18-19 per opponent)
32 interleague games (4 per opponent)

See the top of the file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule16team_28_c.txt (15.9 KB, 155 views)
Old 09-10-2004, 11:31 PM   #225 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
20 team, 152 game schedule

Any configuration of 20 teams
8 games per opponent

League configuration is essentially irrelevant since all 19 other teams played same number of games. Only deviation from balance is that 3 teams are played 3H/5A, and 3 teams are played 5H/3A.

See top of file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule20team152_210.txt (18.9 KB, 153 views)
File Type: txt ootp6schedule20team152_210_.txt (18.0 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by gmo; 10-15-2004 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:35 PM   #226 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
40 team, 152 game schedule

2 leagues, any configuration of 20 teams
8 games per league opponent
no interleague games

This schedule is simply a "doubling-up" of this 20 team schedule.

League configuration is essentially irrelevant since all 19 other teams in the league are played same number of games. Only deviation from balance is that 3 teams are played 3H/5A, and 3 teams are played 5H/3A.

See top of file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule40team152_2210.txt (38.3 KB, 121 views)
Old 09-13-2004, 12:16 PM   #227 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 25x in 15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
2003 MLB schedule

14 team league with 3 divisions of 5, 5, and 4 teams
16 team league with 3 divisions of 5, 6, and 5 teams

Unbalanced (more divisional games) and interleague play

Year starts on: Wednesday
Season starts: March 25 (Tuesday)
All-Star Game: July 15 (Tuesday)

Note that the All-Star Game is NOT entered in the schedule files; you'll have to add it manually after you import the schedule.

Schedule was simply taken from a custom league created in V5 then imported into V6 for the sole purpose of getting it.
Hey gmo, thanks for all the great scheds.

However, I noticed this sched is missing a game. Phi & SD are each short a game at the end of the season. There is room on Aug 4 for this game making a 3 gamer a 4 gamer instead.

I only noticed because PHI is in the Wildcard hunt on the last weekend and will have only played 161 games (as will have SD), so I'll manually add a game at the end.

Also as a request , anyone got anymore real MLB scheds with interleague.
Specifically, I'm looking for East vs East, Central vs Central and West vs West.

I tried exporting one from another older imported league but the team order was different and it doesn't come out right when importing the sched.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:18 PM   #228 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan
However, I noticed this sched is missing a game. Phi & SD are each short a game at the end of the season. There is room on Aug 4 for this game making a 3 gamer a 4 gamer instead.

I only noticed because PHI is in the Wildcard hunt on the last weekend and will have only played 161 games (as will have SD), so I'll manually add a game at the end.
Upon examining the file and finding a copy of the 2003 schedule, it appears that Philadelphia hosted San Diego in a doubleheader (or at least was originally scheduled to do so) on August 2. So, though those two teams play on only 161 days, they do have 162 games. I even just checked by importing the schedule into a league. The numbers of games all looked correct.

However, why would your schedule come up a game short for those teams? When you push the Report button on the Edit Schedule screen, do those teams have 161 or 162 games? Does your Aug 2 league schedule screen show two separate matchups of San Diego at Philadelphia, one sort of in the middle, then one at the end?

In any case, thank you for pointing out this issue. I will likely add another version of the file moving one of those games to Aug 4 since OOTP does not yet handle doubleheaders necessarily all that well.

Quote:
Also as a request, anyone got anymore real MLB scheds with interleague.
Specifically, I'm looking for East vs East, Central vs Central and West vs West.
I believe the earlier MLB interleague schedules (1997, 1998 maybe) had that kind of matchup setup. Those schedules are not available right now but may be relatively soon. Interleague by division with the current ML configuration is rather tricky since the divisions have varying numbers of teams.

Last edited by gmo; 09-13-2004 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:36 PM   #229 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 25x in 15 posts
Thanks for the reply gmo, you're right there is a double header scheduled on August 2nd, I didn't notice that.

Looking back thru the season I can see both games were even played. However, at the end of the season both those teams are one game short in the standings so it appears one of the games may not be being registered properly.

As it turned out, it didn't affect my season and I just switched the game to the monday in the csv when i use it again.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:40 PM   #230 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Thanks for the reply gmo, you're right there is a double header scheduled on August 2nd, I didn't notice that.

Looking back thru the season I can see both games were even played. However, at the end of the season both those teams are one game short in the standings so it appears one of the games may not be being registered properly.

As it turned out, it didn't affect my season and I just switched the game to the monday in the csv when i use it again.
Glad everything still worked out fine for you. I know the AI has problems with using two SPs on doubleheader dates, but I don't think I've heard of anyone having a problem with one of the games not showing up in the standings like it did not happen. Hopefully it was just some one-time fluky thing that won't crop up any more.

Again, thanks for the heads up on it though.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:20 PM   #231 (permalink)
Major Leagues

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
schedule help

I have OOTP5 and am ending a season, how do I go about importing one of these schedules? I am sure it is real easy but I am still kind of new to using all the add ons. When I go to my edit schedule screen I dont see any options to import anything, please help if you can.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:20 PM   #232 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,025x in 1,677 posts
That's because the import/export of schedules was added in OOTP6; there was no such option in OOTP5.

I'm not sure of a schedule.dat file from OOTP6 will work for OOTP5. If it did, then conceivably someone could send you a schedule.dat file for the schedule you were interested in.

"Things have taken a turn for the surreal."

"Bid them achieve me and then sell my bones."
Old 10-04-2004, 02:24 PM   #233 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwaymike
I have OOTP5 and am ending a season, how do I go about importing one of these schedules? I am sure it is real easy but I am still kind of new to using all the add ons. When I go to my edit schedule screen I dont see any options to import anything, please help if you can.
The schedule import/export option is a new feature to OOTP6 and not in OOTP5, so you cannot just use one of these CSV format files with OOTP5.

It may be possible to have someone else create a league with the same configuration and team names in OOTP6, import a schedule, take a copy of the schedule.dat file in the league folder and provide that to you to simply copy into your OOTP5 league folder. The Stickware program works by creating a ".dat" file like this and the format seems to be the same for that file in at least OOTP4 through OOTP6. However, I do not know how much would need to be exactly the same between your OOTP5 league and the OOTP6 league that the intermediary would be using.

What you could try is taking all the .dat files (like the league.dat, schedule.dat, teams.dat, etc, but not any of the subfolders) in the .lg folder for your V5 league, zip them up into a zipfile, email that to me by clicking on my username to the left here, and see if I can do what I described above.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:10 PM   #234 (permalink)
Major Leagues

Thanked 8x in 7 posts
Can I ask for your help, GMO?

I'm using Stickware's schedule generator, but am unable to come up with a satisfactory result. I have 24 teams divided into two leagues, three divisions per league (4 teams per division). I want a 112 game schedule, no interlegue play, 19 games vs teams in own division, 7 against those in the other two. I like it this way only because there can be no ties during the regular season series.

Thank you very much.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:37 PM   #235 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinHobbes
Can I ask for your help, GMO?

I'm using Stickware's schedule generator, but am unable to come up with a satisfactory result. I have 24 teams divided into two leagues, three divisions per league (4 teams per division). I want a 112 game schedule, no interlegue play, 19 games vs teams in own division, 7 against those in the other two. I like it this way only because there can be no ties during the regular season series.

Thank you very much.
Since it will be a little while before I can work on it, that gives me a chance to ask a few questions (or state how I plan on doing it if I don't hear back before I get to work ).

Do you want the season to begin later so it ends at the end of Sept? Or begin the usual early April then end very early, or something in between? Do you want an All-Star Break? Is it fine to scatter about the interdivision games, but try to make the end of the season just within the division?

EDIT: Oh, one more thing. I'm counting 113 games by your plan.
3 teams in same division X 19 games = 57 games
8 teams in other divisions X 7 games = 56 games
That need not change anything, I just wanted to note it. Well, it does mean that half the teams will have one more home game than road games, and the other half will have just the opposite. That's not a huge deal to me, but some people do not like it. Plus in this setup there will be an uneven split for home/away games in each matchup, though I'm assuming I can make them all 4/3 & 3/4 and 10/9 & 9/10 in this case.

Last edited by gmo; 10-07-2004 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:00 PM   #236 (permalink)
Major Leagues

Thanked 8x in 7 posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
Since it will be a little while before I can work on it, that gives me a chance to ask a few questions (or state how I plan on doing it if I don't hear back before I get to work ).

Do you want the season to begin later so it ends at the end of Sept? Or begin the usual early April then end very early, or something in between? Do you want an All-Star Break? Is it fine to scatter about the interdivision games, but try to make the end of the season just within the division?

EDIT: Oh, one more thing. I'm counting 113 games by your plan.
3 teams in same division X 19 games = 57 games
8 teams in other divisions X 7 games = 56 games
That need not change anything, I just wanted to note it. Well, it does mean that half the teams will have one more home game than road games, and the other half will have just the opposite. That's not a huge deal to me, but some people do not like it. Plus in this setup there will be an uneven split for home/away games in each matchup, though I'm assuming I can make them all 4/3 & 3/4 and 10/9 & 9/10 in this case.
Sorry, I don't know how I screwed up the math, I even used calc. It could be a case of me seeing what I wanted rather than reality...

My league is base in Canada, so starting in April is fine, that way I can be done with the season before the snows hit (theoretically). I'm thinking of having the all star break at the end of the season to get a true representation of who the all stars were, and then have the playoffs. So I can add that after. Is it possible to add off days?

What you said about scattering the inter divisional games with more divisional games at the end would be excellent. I don't think I mind having half of the teams with one more home game, the game does a good job (that I can tell) of changing the schedule within the original framework so that I am assuming the extra home games would fluctuate throughout the seasons.

Do you need to know the team names or anything? Will you have a csv file that I can just import it in, or do you create a txt file which I save as a csv? Sorry for the questions, I've never done this before.

Thank you very much!
Old 10-07-2004, 03:13 PM   #237 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Thanks for clarifying some of those details. I'll set it to start the first week of April, and I think it will end in early August. Just to be sure, you'd like to have the All-Star Game after the regular season has ended? I think that will work, but I have never done it. I'll test it to make sure it works fine. The only problem I could think would be that the game would want to go into the playoffs immediately after the regular season ends. But I believe that if the All-Star Game is set for say a day or two after the season's last day of games (something you must do manually on the Edit Schedule screen) it will be okay. Again I'll test it.

Knowing the configuration of the league as you spelled it out is all the info I need. The file as posted will be a .txt file in a CSV format. You are able to just use the file as is - you do not even need to change the name to end in .csv or anything. Download it somewhere on your machine, then in the game at the Edit Schedule screen choose the "import schedule" option, pick that schedule and there you go. You'll have to set the All-Star date and maybe the "Year Starts on day" on the screen after the import, but that should be it. You are right that the game juggles the teams around and that would likely scatter the extra-home-game teams from year to year. What I can also do is post the schedule twice with the second version having the home teams from the first being the away teams in the second and vice versa. You could alternate between those two instead of or, maybe better, occasionally in addition to letting the game mix up the teams each season.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:29 PM   #238 (permalink)
Major Leagues

Thanked 8x in 7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
Thanks for clarifying some of those details. I'll set it to start the first week of April, and I think it will end in early August. Just to be sure, you'd like to have the All-Star Game after the regular season has ended? I think that will work, but I have never done it. I'll test it to make sure it works fine. The only problem I could think would be that the game would want to go into the playoffs immediately after the regular season ends. But I believe that if the All-Star Game is set for say a day or two after the season's last day of games (something you must do manually on the Edit Schedule screen) it will be okay. Again I'll test it.

Knowing the configuration of the league as you spelled it out is all the info I need. The file as posted will be a .txt file in a CSV format. You are able to just use the file as is - you do not even need to change the name to end in .csv or anything. Download it somewhere on your machine, then in the game at the Edit Schedule screen choose the "import schedule" option, pick that schedule and there you go. You'll have to set the All-Star date and maybe the "Year Starts on day" on the screen after the import, but that should be it. You are right that the game juggles the teams around and that would likely scatter the extra-home-game teams from year to year. What I can also do is post the schedule twice with the second version having the home teams from the first being the away teams in the second and vice versa. You could alternate between those two instead of or, maybe better, occasionally in addition to letting the game mix up the teams each season.

I think I'd like to try having the All Star game after the season, if it works. It's something I've been thinking of doing, although I'm not thoroughly convinced that I'll like it.

If I don't, it shouldn't be a problem editing the schedule, by moving a set of three games to a later date and changing the all star date. If you test it and it doesn't work, that's fine, it's just an idea I've been toying with.

Do you create these schedules from scratch? I did that once and it took me the entire weekend, I was trying a shortcut with the schedule creator program. Then I saw all of these posts from you and gave that a shot.

Thanks again!
Old 10-07-2004, 09:37 PM   #239 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 293x in 175 posts
putting the All-star game at the end of the season works just fine. The only problem is when a tie happens. The all-star game gets played first then the tie-breaker game. And thiat is only a problem if you find it a problem.
Catch Corporate League Baseball's on-line league newscasts on my blog here at OOTP
Old 10-07-2004, 10:06 PM   #240 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack
putting the All-star game at the end of the season works just fine. The only problem is when a tie happens. The all-star game gets played first then the tie-breaker game. And that is only a problem if you find it a problem.
Thanks for this info - I had not even considered ties that would need to be broken. I assume you are talking about a case with the All-Star Game on the day after the last day of game. Not sure it matters. Anyhoo, in my test I just put the All-Star Game on the Tuesday after the schedule end of the season on Sunday. There were no ties it turned out, so Monday was just an offday, then Tuesday was the All-Star Game, Wednesday & Thursday were offdays, and the playoffs began on Friday. Everything appears to work just fine like jazzrack said.

EDIT: It took a couple tries, but I finally got a tie at the end of the season. Like jazzrack said, the tiebreaker game came after the All-Star Game, which in my case was Wednesday after the Tuesday All-Star Game. The two offdays before the playoffs still happened, and the playoffs began Saturday in that case. Still everything worked fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinHobbes
Do you create these schedules from scratch? I did that once and it took me the entire weekend, I was trying a shortcut with the schedule creator program. Then I saw all of these posts from you and gave that a shot.
I do create them from scratch, but having now done so many I have a lot to base things on. My techniques have improved a whole lot with time. I fumbled around at first also using some basic principals I picked up from Le Grande Orange, the actual schedule expert, but I enjoy doing this sort of thing, think I have some knack for it, and have been able to hone the skill fairly well. Plus my work cuts some corners like, for example, trying to always make sure weekend series are balanced home & away and against various opponents and maybe more importantly making travel realistic (though to be fair I have no idea what league & teams could use a schedule I make ).

The Stickware program is awesome - I am very impressed with it. But it is just really hard to make good schedules with exactly the ideal number of games against various teams home and away and have the games when you want them. That's the gap I attempt to fill. Generally I try to lay out everything as "mathematically" as possible, then juggle the matchups around in such a way that is generally consistent with most modern MLB scheduling methods.

Last edited by gmo; 10-07-2004 at 11:08 PM.