Home | Webstore
Latest News: - OOTP 15: Update #6 Released! - OOTP 15 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available! - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Offseason Special: 50% Off!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2005, 07:48 PM   #381 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 84x in 69 posts
That idea sounds fine. I'm trying to come as close to the real schedules as possible, so this isn't a problem at all.

So yes, go ahead with your plan, just bump the start date up a little. For two clubs that are close together, try Brooklyn and New York, ID's 2 and 5.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:00 AM   #382 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
8 team, 70 game schedule

1 league, 1 division, 8 teams
10 games per opponent

This schedule is built from the 1879 NL schedule that LGO compiled. One home game against each league opponent has been subtracted for each team to go from a length of 84 games to 70 games. This schedule is very different from the modern type with its very numerous offdays.

See the top of the file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule8team70_18.txt (3.7 KB, 158 views)
Old 01-11-2005, 08:25 AM   #383 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 84x in 69 posts
Thanks gmo! Looks great.

Since 1839

Currently: October 1880
Old 01-11-2005, 08:48 PM   #384 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Does anyone have a 162 game, 32 team, 2 league, 3 division, unbalanced, interleague schedule?

Format 5-6-5 both leagues

I would be very grateful. Currently, I have stickware scheduling poor 'ol Houston to finished the last 48 days of the year without a single day off. I'm not giving up, trying different seeds, but thought I would look here.

With all these schedules, I was surprised to not see one like this. I didn't think is was that odd of a schedule.

Thanks for any help!
Old 01-11-2005, 09:03 PM   #385 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHorn
Does anyone have a 162 game, 32 team, 2 league, 3 division, unbalanced, interleague schedule?

Format 5-6-5 both leagues
Something like what you want I think is in the zip of a bunch here:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...220#post771220

See if the one that fits your format (565565) will work for you.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:11 PM   #386 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Thanks for the super quick response gmo. I saw that post, but there is no interleague in there. At least not if the post/readme are accurate. Am I missing something?
Old 01-12-2005, 01:22 AM   #387 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,043x in 1,689 posts
Quote:
Does anyone have a 162 game, 32 team, 2 league, 3 division, unbalanced, interleague schedule ... Format 5-6-5 both leagues ... With all these schedules, I was surprised to not see one like this. I didn't think is was that odd of a schedule.
I'm sure gmo will offer his own thoughts on the matter, but I can say that any time you have a league where the divisions have differing numbers of teams in them it greatly complicates things (unless it's a balanced schedule). A divisionally weighted schedule with a division containing an odd number of teams complicates things, because there's always going to be at least one team in the division who will have to be playing an interdivisional series. This means a lot more to track and figure out.

Tossing in a division which has more teams than another adds another level of complexity, and then adding in interleague on top of that adds yet another level.

After one has banged one's head against the wall trying to figure out a situation like that, one quickly pines for the old days of two 8 team leagues... they're SO much easier to deal with...

"Things have taken a turn for the surreal."

"Bid them achieve me and then sell my bones."
Old 01-12-2005, 01:34 AM   #388 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Thanks LGO. So do you think if I go balanced stickware will be able to create something more realistic than a team going 48 days without a day off?
Old 01-12-2005, 02:07 AM   #389 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Bah, my bad. You are not missing anything at all. I must be missing a piece of my brain as I had read "no" before interleague. Wishful thinking maybe? Probably just carrying the "un" over. Anyhoo...

LGO is right, that is an example of a layout that does not exactly make itself. I'll give it some thought. If something pops out as reasonable I'll let you know and get going toward it. May take some time before I churn it out. I'm trying to wind down a couple of other little things right now and, though I figure something can be made from your request, with that many teams it takes a while to piece something together.

EDIT: If you want to chime in with any particular details of interest, particular when it comes to the interleague play, that could help me focus on a specific direction to try to go toward a solution. Things like how roughly how many games and against whom, like say just a total of 4 series or perhaps home & away series against the whole of the corresponding division in the other league. I may not be able to do anything exactly (or may already be out in another direction ) but such specifics can help narrow down or at least order things to try.

Last edited by gmo; 01-12-2005 at 03:19 AM.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:00 AM   #390 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,043x in 1,689 posts
Quote:
So do you think if I go balanced stickware will be able to create something more realistic than a team going 48 days without a day off?
Perhaps, though I think the examples of long stretches of consecutive play without a day off seems to be a feature of Stickware generated schedules. I suspect it has something to do with trying to match the desired format while simultaneously limiting off days to only Mondays and Thursdays.

Personally, if you're going to have a divisional structure in your league, I don't advocate a balanced schedule because it makes those divisions arbitrary and effectively meaningless. However, it is your league, so whichever format you find to be the most fair and appropriate is of course the one you should aim for.

For interleague play in a 5-6-5 situation, I think it depends on how you want interleague play handled. It if was always the same divisions against each other, that makes things a bit more orderly. If you prefer the interleague play to rotate amongst all the divisions in the other league, that does raise more issues to solve.

"Things have taken a turn for the surreal."

"Bid them achieve me and then sell my bones."
Old 01-12-2005, 01:27 PM   #391 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Thanks for the help guys. Ok, no one likes the idea of a balanced schedule, including myself. So we are throwing that out. We are considering throwing out interleague. In the meantime, I'll keep playing with Stickware and see if I can improve the results.

To answer your questions gmo.

We've been playing with 6 interleague series roughly 18 games. Principally or wholly against the same division of the opposite league.

I'd be very grateful for anything close or anything that works.

Previously we had a 30 team league that matched MLBs screwy alignment, now we have expanded and realigned to a dual league 5-6-5 format. I would of thought that we would be making things easier with two 16 team leagues, but maybe not 'eh?

Thanks again for all the help guys!
Old 01-12-2005, 01:53 PM   #392 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
I got the preliminary numbers to work out correctly with:
*24 interleague games, presumably 3H/3A against 4 opponents from the corresponding division)
*6 games (3H/3A) against all league non-division opponent
*18 (15-16) games per division opponent for a 5-team (6-team) division.

Sounds like at this point you'd be satisfied with anything. Desperate customers are the best kind! If that sounds fine (the set of matchup numbers), I have a scheme ready to start laying out the schedule.

One more question though - there are 4 weeks worth of interleague games, and I figured I would keep the interleague games together, in that when interleague is going on everybody is doing it, and that I would scatter the weeks with it something like one toward end of May, one in late June, one a couple weeks after the All-Star Game (early/mid July like MLB satisfactory?), and the last in say mid-August. Is that fine?
Old 01-12-2005, 01:56 PM   #393 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
I got the preliminary numbers to work out correctly with:
*24 interleague games, presumably 3H/3A against 4 opponents from the corresponding division)
*6 games (3H/3A) against all league non-division opponent
*18 (15-16) games per division opponent for a 5-team (6-team) division.

Sounds like at this point you'd be satisfied with anything. Desperate customers are the best kind! If that sounds fine (the set of matchup numbers), I have a scheme ready to start laying out the schedule.

One more question though - there are 4 weeks worth of interleague games, and I figured I would keep the interleague games together, in that when interleague is going on everybody is doing it, and that I would scatter the weeks with it something like one toward end of May, one in late June, one a couple weeks after the All-Star Game (early/mid July like MLB satisfactory?), and the last in say mid-August. Is that fine?
That sounds perfect!
Old 01-12-2005, 08:05 PM   #394 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
A request....

Hopefully a simple request....

16 team/132 game
w/ interleague

*2 leagues/ 8 teams in each league (all in one division)
*in league: 12 games against each (84 games)
*interleague: 6 games against each (48 games)
*all 3 game series, split home/away evenly
*stagger off days among teams

also, could you have the end of season be all in-league play (maybe the last month)?

Thanks in advance, I have used many of your schedules over time, and they all play great, especially with the staggered off days.

EDIT: I just realized that with all 3 game series, there cannot be much of a staggered off days without teams having multiple days off in a row. I don't know if its possible, but somehow if the consec. off days could be limited to 2 at the maximum (with only 3 game series), that would be great.

Last edited by Burto1945; 01-12-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:38 PM   #395 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
What can be done with all 3-game series is to give every team an offday each week by having all the series span Fri-Sun and earlier in the week either Mon-Wed or Tues-Thu. At the end of every week each team will have played the same number of games. But there is that bit of variety with teams approximately half the Mondays and half the Thursdays being off and not all team always all being off on the same days. Will that work for you?

You were quite specific, which is very nice, but one more thing... Want an All-Star Break built into the season, and if so, a little past the midpoint, or later?
Old 01-13-2005, 12:53 AM   #396 (permalink)
21C
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 43x in 22 posts
I have to send out a thank you again to gmo and all others who have contributed to the schedules. I had previously requested a 40 team schedule and got it in a day or so and it was great.

I have been recently running another simulation where I wasn't happy with the schedule so I went to the sched ed in the game and hit "generate schedule". I got a terrible schedule that I couldn't possibly fix and was hugely disappointed. I then came to this thread and picked one to suit my needs and was back in business in a couple of minutes.

Really appreciate the efforts that have gone in to this thread.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:10 AM   #397 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
What can be done with all 3-game series is to give every team an offday each week by having all the series span Fri-Sun and earlier in the week either Mon-Wed or Tues-Thu. At the end of every week each team will have played the same number of games. But there is that bit of variety with teams approximately half the Mondays and half the Thursdays being off and not all team always all being off on the same days. Will that work for you?

You were quite specific, which is very nice, but one more thing... Want an All-Star Break built into the season, and if so, a little past the midpoint, or later?
Thanks for the quick response, gmo. The Monday-Thursday set-up sounds good to me, as long as all teams get at least one of those days off each week (no two week straight scheds for anyone). As for the All-Star game, is there any way that you could make 2 separate files, one with it close to mid-season, and one set up for after the season is over (but before tiebreakers, of course)? I haven't decided yet which way I want to go for that. Thanks again.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:08 AM   #398 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
32 team, 162 game schedule

2 league, 3 divisions, 5/6/5 teams
72-78 intradivision games (15-18 games per opponent)
60-66 interdivision games (6 games per opponent)
24 interleague games (6 per opponent)

See the top of the file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule32team_23565u.txt (32.9 KB, 234 views)
Old 01-14-2005, 03:21 AM   #399 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burto1945
The Monday-Thursday set-up sounds good to me, as long as all teams get at least one of those days off each week (no two week straight scheds for anyone). As for the All-Star game, is there any way that you could make 2 separate files, one with it close to mid-season, and one set up for after the season is over (but before tiebreakers, of course)? I haven't decided yet which way I want to go for that. Thanks again.
Have you decided on the All-Star Game yet? Actually it is no big deal at all with this layout of all 3-game series to simply open a slot, so I can still just put up one version with and one without a break. Since your season is about a month shorter than MLB, would you like it to start a month later (around May 1), end a month earlier (around Sept 1), or something in between?

Otherwise it is almost ready to go.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:35 AM   #400 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
Have you decided on the All-Star Game yet? Actually it is no big deal at all with this layout of all 3-game series to simply open a slot, so I can still just put up one version with and one without a break. Since your season is about a month shorter than MLB, would you like it to start a month later (around May 1), end a month earlier (around Sept 1), or something in between?

Otherwise it is almost ready to go.
Just happened to be on here. I still haven't decided on ASG, so maybe you could make both sets, if its not too much work. Quick question, though: for the All-star game to be after the season, would I just add it in manually for two days after the last game? It makes sense to me, but I thought I would ask.

And as far as start day, first Monday in May is fine with me, I'm too used to 'October heroes' to have anything different. Thanks again gmo.