Home | Webstore
Latest News: - OOTP 15: Update #6 Released! - OOTP 15 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available! - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Offseason Special: 50% Off!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2005, 03:47 AM   #401 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
One more thing, I just thought about (hope I'm not being too picky). For the interleague, could you set it up so that not everyone is playing interleague at the same time? So maybe half the teams playing interleague, the other half playing within their leagues, then switch? Or if you really wanted to spice it up, only 3 teams playing across at a time, then five later on, and so forth....I hope this is making sense to you, I don't think I'm getting my idea across very well. But I'm sure anything you come up with will be great.

I would like the last month or so to be strictly in-league, no interleague for the stretch run. If it works out to stagger those interleague games throughout the first 4(?) months, that would be great. If it is going to be too big of a pain, don't worry about it. Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, must be a late night. Obviously, there can't be an odd number of teams playing interleague, since the in-league games wouldn't work. So forget my 3/5 thought. So maybe just 2 teams from each league playing inter. at a time, or 4 (or 6, I just don't like having an 'interleague stretch' in the schedule, where everybody plays their inter. at once.)

Last edited by Burto1945; 01-14-2005 at 03:54 AM.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:48 AM   #402 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burto1945
Quick question, though: for the All-star game to be after the season, would I just add it in manually for two days after the last game? It makes sense to me, but I thought I would ask.

And as far as start day, first Monday in May is fine with me, I'm too used to 'October heroes' to have anything different. Thanks again gmo.
No problem on making both. Yes, you can add the All-Star for after the end of the regular season. Any tie-breakers for playoff spots are played after the All-Star Game though, and make sure that you have it scheduled before the last regular season get played.

EDIT: You know I thought about splitting up the interleague to where everyone was not playing it at the same time, but it was easier to lay it out otherwise. So what I have almost done is the last month is all games against league opponents. The first four months are about evenly split between all league matchups and all interleague matchups meaning everybody is playing in the league for say 1-2 weeks then interleague for 1-1.5 weeks, switching back and forth like that.

I could work on a layout where the last month is all within the league, but to split up the interleague to not have everybody doing it at once, a little bit would be going on pretty much always the first four months. It would have to be an even number of teams in each league so everybody can be playing at once. Since what I have is almost done I'll post it regardless, but if you'd like interleague smeared out I can give that a whirl too.

Last edited by gmo; 01-14-2005 at 03:56 AM.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:59 AM   #403 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burto1945
One more thing, I just thought about (hope I'm not being too picky). For the interleague, could you set it up so that not everyone is playing interleague at the same time? So maybe half the teams playing interleague, the other half playing within their leagues, then switch? Or if you really wanted to spice it up, only 3 teams playing across at a time, then five later on, and so forth....I hope this is making sense to you, I don't think I'm getting my idea across very well. But I'm sure anything you come up with will be great.

I would like the last month or so to be strictly in-league, no interleague for the stretch run. If it works out to stagger those interleague games throughout the first 4(?) months, that would be great. If it is going to be too big of a pain, don't worry about it. Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, must be a late night. Obviously, there can't be an odd number of teams playing interleague, since the in-league games wouldn't work. So forget my 3/5 thought. So maybe just 2 teams from each league playing inter. at a time, or 4 (or 6, I just don't like having an 'interleague stretch' in the schedule, where everybody plays their inter. at once.)
My aplogies to anyone who has to read the word 'interleague' 9 times in my post/edit. I can be annoying at times, especially at 2am.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:04 AM   #404 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
I could work on a layout where the last month is all within the league, but to split up the interleague to not have everybody doing it at once, a little bit would be going on pretty much always the first four months. It would have to be an even number of teams in each league so everybody can be playing at once. Since what I have is almost done I'll post it regardless, but if you'd like interleague smeared out I can give that a whirl too.
Thanks gmo, I'll take whatever you give me. If you're not too sick of this schedule yet, I would like inter. maybe 'smeared' a little, and I don't mind having them going all year, just maybe not the first week (and last month), if possible. My immense thanks for all your tireless, unpaid work.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:51 PM   #405 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
32 team, 162 game schedule

2 league, 3 divisions, 5/6/5 teams
72-78 intradivision games (15-18 games per opponent)
60-66 interdivision games (6 games per opponent)
24 interleague games (6 per opponent)

See the top of the file for more details.
gmo! You are the man! Thank you!!!

Quick question for you. In terms of league processing is there a 'best time' to plug in the schedule? When I was messing with stickware it changed my league date to be whatever date was the opening day of the year. Since we hadn't done FA or anything yet, I figured that couldn't be good news.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:44 PM   #406 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHorn
Quick question for you. In terms of league processing is there a 'best time' to plug in the schedule? When I was messing with stickware it changed my league date to be whatever date was the opening day of the year. Since we hadn't done FA or anything yet, I figured that couldn't be good news.
I have heard stories of problems similar to what you are saying, but I think with these importable files do not change the date of the league in any way so that anytime in the preseason is fine. Myself, I always import the schedule first thing after rolling over into the next season, but I think anytime before your first day of games and that season begins date on the Edit Schedule screen will work.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:32 PM   #407 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
16 team, 132 game schedules

2 league, 1 division, 8 teams
84 games within the division/league (12 games per opponent)
42 interleague games (6 per opponent)

There are two pairs of schedules here. One pair ("a") has the interleague games spread out so that when they are being played, half the teams are playing interleague games while the other half are playing games within the league. The other pair ("b") has all teams playing interleague games at the same time in 1-2 week blocks scattered throughout the season (except not during the last few weeks).

In each pair, one version ("1") has no break during the season to add an All-Star Game, though one may be added at the end of the season. The other version ("2") does have such a break for a mid-season All-Star Game added a bit past halfway through the season.

Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule16team132_28_a1.txt (13.7 KB, 119 views)
File Type: txt ootp6schedule16team132_28_a2.txt (13.6 KB, 110 views)
File Type: txt ootp6schedule16team132_28_b1.txt (13.6 KB, 118 views)
File Type: txt ootp6schedule16team132_28_b2.txt (13.6 KB, 124 views)
Old 01-15-2005, 09:13 PM   #408 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C
I have to send out a thank you again to gmo and all others who have contributed to the schedules.
I generally do not come in behind the thanks that are given when I post a schedule with a "you're welcome," but I do want to say that I do always appreciate those gestures.

Schedules are probably best if they are generally invisible. When one notices and is thinking about one in the game that is probably more often than not because of something unsatisfactory. So in a way I try to provide something that will not get much or any attention once it is put into use. It is nice though that people do notice and appreciate the efforts. Adding to people's enjoyment of the game, as the thank yous apparently convey, is certainly a pleasure.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:09 AM   #409 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
gmo, on behalf of all the people who use your schedules, I would like to say another hearty Thank You for all your hard work. It really does enhance the enjoyment of this great game, and you are an integral part in that.

Thanks for taking all my intricate details into account on the latest schedule, I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I am sure it will be great. Keep up the great work.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:31 PM   #410 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
32 team, 162 game schedule

2 league, 3 divisions, 5/6/5 teams
72-78 intradivision games (15-18 games per opponent)
60-66 interdivision games (6 games per opponent)
24 interleague games (6 per opponent)

gmo - I wanted to say thanks again and let you know your schedule seems to have worked beautifully. As I think you tested and reported in another thread, I had to create a v6 league with the same parameters as my v5 league. I imported into the v6 league and then copied the schedule.dat into my v5 league. Works like a charm. The only thing I had to do was set up the all-star game. Thanks!
Old 01-23-2005, 02:40 AM   #411 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Re:

IDK if it is here, but there are more than 20 pages so...

could someone make a 2 Conf./1 Div/2 Team per div 162 game schedule WITH INTERLEAGUE PLAY? Its for a new player league

tyvm in advance
Old 01-23-2005, 04:06 AM   #412 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanked 1x in 1 post
The post at the top is updated with all new schedules as they are created.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:21 AM   #413 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 294x in 176 posts
Hey GMO could the CLB bother you for a schedule?

2 leagues 3 divisions 4 teams each

I think I have the numbers worked out

48 interleague, each team 4 times 2 games series

then play 14 games in division for a total of 42

10 games against against the rest of the league for a total of 80.

for a total of 170
with a longer schedule I would prefer fewer days off, but if its too much trouble its not a big deal

all-star game in late august

sound right? or m i off someplace?

thanks in advance for this & thanks again for your past efforts, they have given me countles hours of enjoyment

**I need a butt-kissing smilie but this is as close as i could find
Catch Corporate League Baseball's on-line league newscasts on my blog here at OOTP
Old 01-23-2005, 04:19 PM   #414 (permalink)
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 22x in 20 posts
18 teams/2 leagues/3 divisions?

I've only been able to track down 2 schedules that serve an 18-team league. I'm looking to expand in my fictional league and create a wild card play-off format at the same time. Here's what I have come up with:

18 teams
2 leagues of 9 teams in each
3 divisions in each league (3 teams each)
36 intradivision games (18 games vs each team)
72 interdivision games (12 games vs each team)
54 interleague games (6 games vs each team)
days off would be great and an early/mid July All-Star break is a must
having a large share of intradivision games during the last month would also be a plus for play-off races

Has any one seen a league schedule like this? If so, where I can I find it? If not, is it even possible? I know the schedule generator won't allow for an odd number of teams in a league...
I don't mind taking the time to make such a schedule myself, but is there a page that acts as a tutorial to do so?

Thanks for the help/advice in advance!
mrcoach00
Old 01-24-2005, 02:20 PM   #415 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW
IDK if it is here, but there are more than 20 pages so...

could someone make a 2 Conf./1 Div/2 Team per div 162 game schedule WITH INTERLEAGUE PLAY? Its for a new player league

tyvm in advance
Is this request really for a league with a total of only 4 teams, with 2 in each league? If so, I believe this schedule will work for you. It is for 2 leagues each with 4 teams but with no interleague play. So any one team is playing 3 other teams 54 times each, which sounds like what could work for you.

I would need to alter the file to get rid of the extra games, but is that format acceptable? If you wanted the one other division team played for often than the two interleague team (assuming I am reading your league configuration correctly), it should not be too hard to work up something with only four teams. Just let me know what will work for you.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:42 PM   #416 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack
with a longer schedule I would prefer fewer days off, but if its too much trouble its not a big deal
Everything looks consistent. Just a couple of minor questions before I am able to get to it. With the interleague at 4 games per opponent, I'm guessing you would prefer 2H/2A as opposed to either 4H/0A or 0H/4A. Do you mind if the interleague games are scattered all about the season? I figure to put them in pairs of 2-game series early in weeks every 2-3 weeks.

I can also chop up the 10 games in the league but not the division 5H/5A, which would be two 2-game and two 3-game series, as opposed to 6H/4A and 4H/6A with no 2-game series. The 5H/5A is probably actually easier to work with, but with that and the evened-up interleague there would be 40 2-game series per team (paired into 20 4-game blocks early in weeks). Just wanted to give you notice of that to let you know the teams may not like their travel schedules. Plus, that should raise LGO's eyebrows seeing that many 2-game series.

About the offdays, are you okay with as few as about 9 outside of the All-Star Break? That would be the result of keeping the current standard ~182-day length for a 162-game schedule and adding 8 more games. If that is just too few, I think I could easily add in 3, 4, or 7 more days to the total length of the schedule with another half- or full week, and that would add that number of offdays.

I'll make sure to remember the later All-Star Game this time. I think I forgot that in previous request of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack
**I need a butt-kissing smilie but this is as close as i could find
Thanks, I guess.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:24 AM   #417 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
Everything looks consistent. Just a couple of minor questions before I am able to get to it. With the interleague at 4 games per opponent, I'm guessing you would prefer 2H/2A as opposed to either 4H/0A or 0H/4A. Do you mind if the interleague games are scattered all about the season? I figure to put them in pairs of 2-game series early in weeks every 2-3 weeks.

I can also chop up the 10 games in the league but not the division 5H/5A, which would be two 2-game and two 3-game series, as opposed to 6H/4A and 4H/6A with no 2-game series. The 5H/5A is probably actually easier to work with, but with that and the evened-up interleague there would be 40 2-game series per team (paired into 20 4-game blocks early in weeks). Just wanted to give you notice of that to let you know the teams may not like their travel schedules. Plus, that should raise LGO's eyebrows seeing that many 2-game series.

About the offdays, are you okay with as few as about 9 outside of the All-Star Break? That would be the result of keeping the current standard ~182-day length for a 162-game schedule and adding 8 more games. If that is just too few, I think I could easily add in 3, 4, or 7 more days to the total length of the schedule with another half- or full week, and that would add that number of offdays.

I'll make sure to remember the later All-Star Game this time. I think I forgot that in previous request of yours.

Thanks, I guess.

interleage at 2h/2a is correct. and scattered is fine.

and i figured that we would end up with a bunch of 2 game series, but with the league concept of companies instead of cities. it is not much of an issue. so the 5H/5A is fine for our purpose. sorry LGO

& as few off days as is reasonable, we want to test pitching staffs with the schedule.
Catch Corporate League Baseball's on-line league newscasts on my blog here at OOTP
Old 01-25-2005, 09:40 AM   #418 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
24 team, 170 game schedule

2 leagues, 3 divisions, 4 teams per division
42 games within the division (14 games per opponent)
80 games within the league outside the division (10 games per opponent)
48 interleague games (4 per opponent)

Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule24team170_234u.txt (25.2 KB, 122 views)
Old 01-25-2005, 09:43 AM   #419 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
18 team, 162 game schedule

2 leagues, 3 divisions, 3 teams per division
36 games within the division (18 games per opponent)
72 games within the league outside the division (12 games per opponent)
54 interleague games (6 per opponent)

Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule18team_233u.txt (18.3 KB, 130 views)
Old 01-25-2005, 11:53 AM   #420 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
24 team, 170 game schedule

2 leagues, 3 divisions, 4 teams per division
42 games within the division (14 games per opponent)
80 games within the league outside the division (10 games per opponent)
48 interleague games (4 per opponent)

you are a god as opposed to the god, i don't want to offend anyone