Home | Webstore
Latest News: - OOTP 15: Update #4 Released! - OOTP 15 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available! - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Released - Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 02:19 PM   #421 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 367x in 219 posts
I have a schedule request if this is possible....

10 teams - 2 leagues, 1 division each of 5 teams
104 games - 26 games against each opponent no interleague
Scheduled as one 4 game series each week Thursday through Sunday

Season starts on Thursday April 1st (Based on 2004 calender)
All-star break after first 13 weeks, June 28 through July 7th, with the game on Sunday July 4th.
Season resumes on Thursday July 8th.

Final game of season is Sunday Oct 3rd.
If its possible to schedule the playoff start date it would be Thursday Oct 7th.

Thanks... let me know if any of this is not possible.

Edit: one more thing, I think you can do this, I'd like the leagues to have distinct time zones, pacific and eastern would be great.

Last edited by Ktulu; 01-25-2005 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:06 PM   #422 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu
I have a schedule request if this is possible....

10 teams - 2 leagues, 1 division each of 5 teams
104 games - 26 games against each opponent no interleague
Scheduled as one 4 game series each week Thursday through Sunday

Season starts on Thursday April 1st (Based on 2004 calender)
All-star break after first 13 weeks, June 28 through July 7th, with the game on Sunday July 4th.
Season resumes on Thursday July 8th.

Final game of season is Sunday Oct 3rd.
If its possible to schedule the playoff start date it would be Thursday Oct 7th.

Thanks... let me know if any of this is not possible.

Edit: one more thing, I think you can do this, I'd like the leagues to have distinct time zones, pacific and eastern would be great.
There are a couple of problems. First, you cannot get to 26 games per opponent by 4-game series. Either 24 or 28 per opponent would be possible, though 24 may be preferrable since it allows for even home/away splits of 12/12.

Another problem with this configuration is that with no interleague only 4 teams of the 5 in each league can be playing at any time. If you had a 25-week season (26 counting an All-Star Break week), each team could play in 20 of those weeks, but that would only add up to 80 games played in total. Perhaps 5-game series may be considered? Playing each team in 2 home plus 2 away series of 5 games would add up to 100 games in an April 8 through October 3 season (or Apr 1 - Sept 26).

Since LGO has pointed out many times that the playoff schedule can be adjusted in the sense that not the matchups but the hosts of each game can be changed, I would guess that the dates for playoff games can be adjusted manually. I believe the game always just starts the playoffs two days after the regular season ends, so unless there was a tiebreaker that would be on Wednesday. It may be worth a test to make sure you can move the playoff dates to fit what you would want.

Time zones can be set. Would the eastern league be the first league (teams 1-5) or the second league (teams 6-10)?
Old 01-25-2005, 05:06 PM   #423 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
There are a couple of problems. First, you cannot get to 26 games per opponent by 4-game series. Either 24 or 28 per opponent would be possible, though 24 may be preferrable since it allows for even home/away splits of 12/12.

Another problem with this configuration is that with no interleague only 4 teams of the 5 in each league can be playing at any time. If you had a 25-week season (26 counting an All-Star Break week), each team could play in 20 of those weeks, but that would only add up to 80 games played in total. Perhaps 5-game series may be considered? Playing each team in 2 home plus 2 away series of 5 games would add up to 100 games in an April 8 through October 3 season (or Apr 1 - Sept 26).

Since LGO has pointed out many times that the playoff schedule can be adjusted in the sense that not the matchups but the hosts of each game can be changed, I would guess that the dates for playoff games can be adjusted manually. I believe the game always just starts the playoffs two days after the regular season ends, so unless there was a tiebreaker that would be on Wednesday. It may be worth a test to make sure you can move the playoff dates to fit what you would want.

Time zones can be set. Would the eastern league be the first league (teams 1-5) or the second league (teams 6-10)?
Ack, I don't know what I was thinking, I thought I had it figured out but you are correct that doesn't work.... brain cramp

Re: playoff scheds, I was just wondering if it was possible to set the start date, wasn't sure if the game handled it automatically.

It does not matter which league has which time zone.

I'll get back to you with a modified idea... this is for a fictional league that hasn't started so the # of teams and alignments aren't set in stone.

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #424 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Ok let me try this again, hopefully my brain is uncramped

12 Teams 2 leagues 1 division of 6 teams
104 Games - 80 within division, 24 Interleague

Same schedule format, 4 games on Thursday through Sunday with the exception of interleague.

Interleague will be 4 games against each team, 2 home 2 away.
If its not a pain in the ass, 'interleague weeks' go wed-thurs, friday off, sat-sun.

Season starts Thurs. April 1st with divisional play.

The six weeks of Interleague play begins Wednesday June 16

All-star break is June 28 though July 6th, (game on Sun July 4th)

Interleague continues and wraps up on August 1st

Divisional play resumes on Thursday Aug 5th and season wraps up in the first week of October.

Ok I think that works, let me know

Thanks gmo
Old 01-25-2005, 10:36 PM   #425 (permalink)
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 22x in 20 posts
gmo,
I just wanted to thank you for the 18-team 162-game schedule. I was trying to create one on my own using other schedules as a reference, but it was quite tiresome! You must have a quite a system figured out to turn out so many schedules so rapidly!
I'm looking forward to seeing more teams in the play-offs, and I can't wait to get back to PbP-ing! On that note, I need to go!
Thanks again for your time and generosity!
mrcoach00
Old 01-25-2005, 11:12 PM   #426 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
12 team, 104 game schedule

80 games within league/division (16 per opponent)
24 interleague games (4 per opponent)

See top of file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule12team104_26.txt (8.6 KB, 148 views)
Old 01-26-2005, 03:34 AM   #427 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanks gmo, that looks great.

Much appreciated.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:14 PM   #428 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Hey, I have a schedule request! I don't even know if it is possible however.

I'd like a schedule set up like the current NFL schedule, right down to the 32 team set up.

24 divisional games (2, 3 game sets against everyone in your division....one home set, one away set).

One 3 game set against the team of every team that finished in the same place in their division (same league) as you did (ie, if you finish 3rd in your division, you play every team that finished third in all the other divisions)

One 3 game set against each member of a random division in your league

One 3 game set against each member of a random division in the other league

This amounts to 55 total games. If it's too weird let me know and I'll refine my request, or better yet, do it myself.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:36 PM   #429 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vris
I'd like a schedule set up like the current NFL schedule, right down to the 32 team set up.
What you are describing is not exactly how the NFL schedule works now, just in case you did not realize it, though indeed you may not want the precise setup:

* Home and away against its three division opponents (6 games).
* The four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (4 games).
* The four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (4 games).
* Two intraconference games based on the previous year's standings (2 games). These games will match a first-place team against the first-place teams in the two same-conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season. The second-place, third-place, and fourth-place teams in a conference will be matched in the same way each year.

What you described I think adds up to 57 games, which is a problem with balancing home and away with the odd number, plus there is some over lap with the 2nd & 3rd points (you'd play the team you finished in the same place as in one series because of that and in one series because you play one whole other division).

Making a 3-game series for every 1 NFL game gets you up to 48 games. You could get two more series and up to 54 games adding to the 4th bullet point above having the 1st place teams also playing 2nd place teams like those other 1st place teams. The 3rds & 4th would also thus matchup against each other.

I am guessing this league would just be beginning, so since you do not have those places with which to determine matchups initially, I'd guess just randomly setting them would be fine. But then I am not sure how the matchups could be set for the future. There's been a wide assumption that the schedules in the game randomly reorder themselves the way they do season to season based on division order of finish, but I am not completely sure that is actually so. This would provide an opportunity to test that and try to find out for sure. Even if that does work, that only covers a few of the games.

A bigger issue is the year-to-year rotation of the interleague (interconference) and within-league divisions you play against every team, plus how the home-field flips each time you match up against those opponents. What may be possible is to make a spreadsheet that can accommodate all of these changes for each season.

Also, a small issue is how you want those games laid out. One series per week? Two series per week? Something else?

Well, I guess I just totally went off on this stuff and kind of assumed the actual NFL scheme would be what you would want. The short answer is that something can definitely be made, but the changes from year-to-year may be difficult to keep up with. I start thinking about ways to make it work (something like this has been at the back of my mind for a while anyway), and you can just let me know what you think about what I laid out, or ask me to clarify since it is probably a big mess.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:47 PM   #430 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Well, I should've clarified. Sometimes I have a hard time putting into words what I actually mean. I've been out of school for too long.

I meant that last point, where they only play the other 2 teams that finished in the same place. They already play the other 2 teams.

As for the rotation, I think I can fiddle with that as long as I have a template to go by. I plan on copying the schedule and making the ones for subsequent years right off the bat anyway and therefore just importing a new one every year. I don't trust the OOTP schedule generator to do it right.

I don't know where I came up with my numbers (55) because 48 makes sense, d'uh. What was I thinking. As for the actual days, one series a week would be more than adequate, on a Fri-Sat-Sun schedule. Then, one series a week that goes Sat-Sun-Mon. That would be totally random.

If you need more clarification, let me know. I plan on working on this when I go back to school next week anyway, so if you can't come up with something, it's all good. Thanks for actually thinking about it.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:08 PM   #431 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
Quote:
As for the rotation, I think I can fiddle with that as long as I have a template to go by. I plan on copying the schedule and making the ones for subsequent years right off the bat anyway and therefore just importing a new one every year. I don't trust the OOTP schedule generator to do it right.
I was trying to work out a template to cover the various set rotations of opponents but decided it would be easier to just go ahead and make all of them. So what I am looking at is a big pile of schedules in a set order where each season you only have to manually adjust those 2 matchups against league opponents who finished the same place in the standings. I have them all laid out and am testing how they look.

Issues, points, questions...

*1. Each season has the same layout, which is the same for every team. That means everybody is playing in the division, interleague, or whatever at the same time, and they do those things in the same week every season. I did set it up to have the last 3 matchups being all against division opponents as people generally like to have races decided at the end.

*2. Actually to get one Monday game per week, that would need to be done manually also, though going through the schedule after import and each week deleting one Friday game and replacing it on the following Monday does not sound like much work. Plus it allows for more preferable matchups, and it can be done during the season.

*3. I'm guessing there is no need for any kind of break for an All-Star Game in season since the Pro Bowl is after the NFL season. Just remember the playoffs will not start until after an All-Star Game if you add one after the regular season. I'm also guessing bye weeks are unnecessary with all the offdays already there, plus trying to incorporate them into this layout scheme would be next to impossible.

*4. What time frame do you want the season to span? 16 weeks is almost 4 months, so there is April-July, June-September, or whatever else. I just need a preferred start point or end point to work from.

*5. In the checking the layouts I have done so far, some seasons have cases where a few teams have stretches of 5 straight matchups either home or away, and stretches of 4 straight are somewhat more common. I'm trying to minimize this, but hopefully it is not a big deal since all the teams have their total of 8 home and 8 away matchups. The NFL is good at not having such long stretches, but they aren't trying to do all years at once .
Old 01-28-2005, 08:42 PM   #432 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 87x in 47 posts
I need a simple schedule for a 22-team league, League 1 has 12 teams, 2 divisions, 6 teams each. League 2 has 10 teams, 2 divisions, 5 teams each.

No interleague....unbalanced....

It looked there was one 22 league schedule already but its structure was 6-5-6-5 and mine needs to be 6-6-5-5.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:36 PM   #433 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCow98
I need a simple schedule for a 22-team league, League 1 has 12 teams, 2 divisions, 6 teams each. League 2 has 10 teams, 2 divisions, 5 teams each.

No interleague....unbalanced....
With no interleague, an easy approach would be to combine two pieces. I could take a league from this schedule for the 12-team league and this schedule for the 10-team league and mesh them together.

Those are pretty standard with 162-games and the early/mid-July All-Star Break. Is that good for what you want?

That would be really easy to make, but I do notice I have not done 10-team, 162-games since when I first started knocking these things out. I may want to work out another version besides the one linked above.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:04 PM   #434 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
*1. Each season has the same layout, which is the same for every team. That means everybody is playing in the division, interleague, or whatever at the same time, and they do those things in the same week every season. I did set it up to have the last 3 matchups being all against division opponents as people generally like to have races decided at the end.
That's fine. I wasn't too worried about that, especially with the small schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
*2. Actually to get one Monday game per week, that would need to be done manually also, though going through the schedule after import and each week deleting one Friday game and replacing it on the following Monday does not sound like much work. Plus it allows for more preferable matchups, and it can be done during the season.
Yeah that's easy. I had already thought of that. More customization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
*3. I'm guessing there is no need for any kind of break for an All-Star Game in season since the Pro Bowl is after the NFL season. Just remember the playoffs will not start until after an All-Star Game if you add one after the regular season. I'm also guessing bye weeks are unnecessary with all the offdays already there, plus trying to incorporate them into this layout scheme would be next to impossible.
I'm not a fan of the All Star game and could do without it. Bye weeks are useless because they get 4 days off as it is. Just worry about keeping it simple as those are two things I hadn't even thought of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
*4. What time frame do you want the season to span? 16 weeks is almost 4 months, so there is April-July, June-September, or whatever else. I just need a preferred start point or end point to work from.
Ending the season mid-August or September 1st would be great, that way I can have the trading deadline, but not the September call-ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
*5. In the checking the layouts I have done so far, some seasons have cases where a few teams have stretches of 5 straight matchups either home or away, and stretches of 4 straight are somewhat more common. I'm trying to minimize this, but hopefully it is not a big deal since all the teams have their total of 8 home and 8 away matchups. The NFL is good at not having such long stretches, but they aren't trying to do all years at once .
Don't worry about that. Adds to the problems.

gmo, thanks for your hard work on this. I understand what a difficult project it is. Again, thank you and don't stress yourself out over it. It's just a schedule.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:28 PM   #435 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 87x in 47 posts
That would be great GMO....

This league is a fictional semi-pro league that in my back ground story for was started in 1994. So modern schedule characteristics would be good....but anything will do....

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:36 PM   #436 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
Quote:
It's just a schedule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCow98
...anything will do...

I try not to think such things!

Might be a slow weekend for productivity, but I think I can get both of you set up pretty soon.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:47 PM   #437 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Take your time gmo. No rush. And thanks again. Your vast schedule knowledge overpowers us all. Now, to edit my post before LGO sees it...
Old 01-28-2005, 11:11 PM   #438 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 87x in 47 posts
Before I get in trouble...hehe

My motivation for the "anything will do" comment was strictly coming from the perspective of knowing someone else was making it and not myself. Any effort by anyone well be greatly appreciated.

We all know schedules definately DO MATTER....
Old 01-28-2005, 11:14 PM   #439 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 87x in 47 posts
No rush needed on mine either....I'm going to be without internet access starting sunday for a few days anyway....so in the mean time...I'll just fire up my historical league....for my OOTP fix....which I also got all the schedules from this thread.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:52 AM   #440 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
32 team, 48 game schedules

2 leagues, 4 divisions per league, 4 teams per division

18 games within division (6 per opponent)
18 games within league outside division (3 per opponent)
12 interleague games (3 per opponent)

This set of schedules is designed to mimic the current NFL scheduling method through cycles of short seasons. To work completely as designed, some manual adjustments are required after each new season schedule is imported.

See the README file included with the zip file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ootp6schedule32team_244u_NFL.zip (52.9 KB, 81 views)