Home | Webstore
Latest News: - OOTP 15: Update #6 Released! - OOTP 15 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available! - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 World Series Special: 50% Off!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2005, 10:59 PM   #461 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan
Why not 154 games, 7H/7A against each of the other 11 opponents....
you're absolutely right, any even number will work. i dont know what the hell i was thinking. obviously the wrong thing

Last edited by disposableheros; 02-08-2005 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:08 PM   #462 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
Sandman has an idea that gets you closer to 162. I'd imagine it depends on what you are analyzing whether your results would be adversely affected. You could go the route of playing 8 teams 15 times each and the other 3 teams 14 times each. Again, without knowing what you're doing it's hard to say whether something slightly unbalanced would pollute the study.

What I do with my experimenting league is use 10 teams so there are 9 opponents played 18 times each (in three 3-game series both home and away). I have three series covering 9 days then an offday, all the way through the schedule. I'd be glad to hook you up with that if you could and wanted to adjust your league to 10 total teams.

If not, making another one for you for experimentation would be easier than normal since it would not need much "prettying up" like normal schedules. Well, now that I think about it, if it is a typical sort of configuration (as 2 divisions of 6 teams is, even if the schedule is balanced), it may as well be made nice for general use as well if the layout of the games is conducive for that. Do you care at all about series really being series, or are you fine with single games and maybe pairs of games being much more common than the usual when 3- and 4-game sets are about all there is?
i will eventually do a study on every rating in the game, but im starting with the batting ratings. 12 teams because i plan on doing 1 team has 100, 1 team has 90, 1 team has 80, 1 team has 70, etc. all the way down to 0, but 2 teams will have baseline 50. every player is exactly the same in every way, except the 1 rating im testing. from birth date and place to handedness and loyalty.

the schedule doesnt need to be pretty and i dont need a specific series length. fatigue and injuries are off, so days off dont matter. i just want it so that every team winds up playing every team the correct number of times and after reading the above couple posts i realize where i made my mistake. 154 games should be fine for what im doing because im doing 10 seasons anyway. im assuming ~1500 games is sufficient enough to flush out the differences that will occur.

so that would be 1 league, 2 divisions, 6 teams per with each team playing 154 games (7 home/away vs each).
Old 02-09-2005, 04:56 AM   #463 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
12 team, 154 game schedule

14 games against each of 11 other teams in league (7H/7A)

Designed for experimenting purposes this entry defies normal scheduling conventions. For example, there are no offdays at all. See the top of the file for more details.

That should work for what you want, disposableheros. The layout did not lend itself to making good for general use, so it has quite a bit of quirkiness, and thus I do not plan on adding it to the main list. Too bad though they are not all as easy as this one to make!
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule12team154_26_X.txt (11.1 KB, 111 views)
Old 02-09-2005, 04:35 PM   #464 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 190x in 129 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
This is why I wait for clarification.

I went ahead and ran with what I was thinking. I made it 120 games, getting the extra 6 by with six of the opponents making one of the two series a 4-game series (four teams within the division and two outside the division). It runs May 2 to Sept 11. But I did not add in All-Star Break thinking if you wanted one with a shorter season like that it could go at the end. And for some reason I sort of thought you were one who was anti-All Star Game, but maybe I was making that up thinking of someone else.

Anyhoo, it would probably not be too difficult to slide series around a bit to open up an All-Star Break within the season, so you don't have to settle for what I have put together at this point if it is not really what you want. If you'd like that break added, would you want it really right there in the middle or a bit more toward the end by about a week or so from the middle to give more season by which to judge the All-Stars? Oh, and 120 games like I described is okay, right? That might be more difficult to change.

Ya 120 is fine, i'm more wanting to have each team being able to do at least one home and away series at least three games a piece with each of the others in the conference. if that means a few more so be it

and i'd like to do the all star game on July 1st with the 20th and the 2nd off.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:11 PM   #465 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 84x in 69 posts
Hey gmo, I know your working on some other folks schedules right now so I'll just take a number.

I hope I'm not "going to well" too much, but this should be an easy request. I keep expanding the schedule in my solo league, this year to 84.

I need:

An 84 game schedule that runs from late April to mid September.

No Sunday games.

If you'd like to use a real schedule from the late 1870's, thats fine by me. Whatever's good for you.

Since 1839

Currently: October 1880

Last edited by goroyals; 02-09-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:45 PM   #466 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goroyals
An 84 game schedule that runs from late April to mid September.

No Sunday games.

If you'd like to use a real schedule from the late 1870's, thats fine by me. Whatever's good for you.
Sounds like any of the actual 1879-1883 NL schedules will work for you - they are all 84 games for 8 teams surely sans Sunday games. I could just forward you the copies I have of those files from processing them for Le Grande Orange (all thanks to him for compiling the schedules). Is the email under your profile fine for that?

They all run pretty much exactly from the first day of May to the last day of September, so if you wanted I could send you copies with everything shifted earlier by either one or two weeks to try to more closely match your preferred time frame.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:56 PM   #467 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 84x in 69 posts
Sounds great gmo. I believe the email under my profile is correct.

Since 1839

Old 02-10-2005, 12:07 AM   #468 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
Ya 120 is fine, i'm more wanting to have each team being able to do at least one home and away series at least three games a piece with each of the others in the conference. if that means a few more so be it

and i'd like to do the all star game on July 1st with the 20th and the 2nd off.
Okay, let me make sure I'm clear on this... To open up an All-Star Break, from the point where it was going to be I was going to slide the games before it 3-4 days earlier so the schedule would then start the last couple of days of April.

The All-Star Break will probably be 4 days for most if not all teams. July 1 will be a Friday in 2005, whereas the All-Star Game these days is a Tuesday thing, and the layout I use is sort of locked into using that. Actually I guess I could make it a Friday - do you really want that? That Friday would put it right at the season midpoint if indeed you wanted that.

To move it to Tuesday, I could either make the All-Star Game a few days earlier, or I could slide the days around to make the Game indeed on July 1 but have the season begin a few days earlier like April 25 or so.

Which dates (start, end, All-Star) are most important to hit? What day of the week do you want the All-Star Game? If you aren't too picky you can tell me just to go with whatever. But if you have something in particular you want I want to do that, provided it can coexist with whatever else you want.

Hope you aren't in a big hurry though because I will probably be away for the next couple of days.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:12 AM   #469 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goroyals
Sounds great gmo. I believe the email under my profile is correct.
Since I had forgotten the email address is not actually listed and PMs and emails through the board do not permit attachments, I am just posting it right here.

Turns out it is actually 1879-1882 that are 84 games.

I just blew through putting that together, so let me know if there are any problems with the files. But like I said above, I'm about to slip away for a couple of days.
Attached Files
File Type: zip goroyals.zip (17.7 KB, 54 views)
Old 02-10-2005, 12:18 AM   #470 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
Okay, let me make sure I'm clear on this... To open up an All-Star Break, from the point where it was going to be I was going to slide the games before it 3-4 days earlier so the schedule would then start the last couple of days of April.

The All-Star Break will probably be 4 days for most if not all teams. July 1 will be a Friday in 2005, whereas the All-Star Game these days is a Tuesday thing, and the layout I use is sort of locked into using that. Actually I guess I could make it a Friday - do you really want that? That Friday would put it right at the season midpoint if indeed you wanted that.

To move it to Tuesday, I could either make the All-Star Game a few days earlier, or I could slide the days around to make the Game indeed on July 1 but have the season begin a few days earlier like April 25 or so.

Which dates (start, end, All-Star) are most important to hit? What day of the week do you want the All-Star Game? If you aren't too picky you can tell me just to go with whatever. But if you have something in particular you want I want to do that, provided it can coexist with whatever else you want.

Hope you aren't in a big hurry though because I will probably be away for the next couple of days.
WEll opening day I'd liek to be may 1st, and the all star game i'd want to be july 1st with a day space on either side

if push comes to shove, i be up for moving the beginning of the season a week earlier, but only as a last resort.

also will this have the same teams playing the same teams every time at the same date?

and no hurry, i have to manually "retire" 200 players, then add 200 more in the new season.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:39 AM   #471 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
WEll opening day I'd liek to be may 1st, and the all star game i'd want to be july 1st with a day space on either side

if push comes to shove, i be up for moving the beginning of the season a week earlier, but only as a last resort.

also will this have the same teams playing the same teams every time at the same date?
With two series per week there are only so many ways to slot things. I believe the best I can do is to get the start date on April 29 (a Friday), put the All-Star Game on July 1 (a Friday) with the day before and the two days after off, then have the season end on Sept 11 (a Sunday). If I started over and threw away any consideration for the days of the week I think I could probably matchup the May 1 & July 1 dates as you want them.

Not sure what exactly you mean with the last question, but I think you mean from one season to another. If you reimported the schedule file each year the schedule would be exactly the same. But if you just do nothing within the game from year to year when a schedule is carried over there is some mixing up of the teams so that, for instance, Team X and Team Y do not always play each other in their first series of the season.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:59 AM   #472 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

ya that's what i was asking, sorry, long day

yep the otw biggies are may and july 1st for their respective reasons, the rest I dotn really mind
Old 02-10-2005, 08:48 AM   #473 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 84x in 69 posts
Thanks gmo! They look just fine!

Since 1839

Old 02-10-2005, 01:54 PM   #474 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
12 team, 154 game schedule

14 games against each of 11 other teams in league (7H/7A)

Designed for experimenting purposes this entry defies normal scheduling conventions. For example, there are no offdays at all. See the top of the file for more details.

That should work for what you want, disposableheros. The layout did not lend itself to making good for general use, so it has quite a bit of quirkiness, and thus I do not plan on adding it to the main list. Too bad though they are not all as easy as this one to make!
thanks gmo. the work you guys do is definetly one of the best mods for the community.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:41 AM   #475 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
40 team, 120 game schedules

2 leagues, 20 teams per league, any number of divisions
(division sizes insignificant since schedule is balanced)
6-7 games against each league opponent

These schedules span from about the first of May to the middle of September. The 1st version contains no All-Star Break, while the 2nd and 3rd versions do have an All-Star Break around mid-season. The difference between the 2nd and 3rd version is an offset of 2 days.

See the top of the files for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ootp6schedule40team120_2210.zip (20.3 KB, 59 views)
Old 02-17-2005, 10:12 AM   #476 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 19x in 13 posts
GMO, I'm new to this but it sounds like you have fun making these schedules (or at least have a good program to make them with) so I'll put in a request. I'm working on starting a 24 team fictional league (the North American Professional Baseball League) with 2 leagues, 3 divisions, and 4 teams per division.

I'm thinking of 2 options. The first has 20 games within the division, 6 games against the remainder of each league, and 4 interleague games, which (if I did my math correctly) comes up to 156 games. The other option has 16 division games, 8 league games, and 4 interleague games for 160 games. I would plan on starting the league in early April and have it run through to the end with the All-Star game after the championship series. The end of the season would just fall out of the schedule depending on the number of days off. I'm not sure what you usually use as a basis for days off but is 1 day off every 2 weeks reasonable?

Thanks greatly!!
Old 02-17-2005, 01:45 PM   #477 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerRocketScientist
GMO, I'm new to this but it sounds like you have fun making these schedules (or at least have a good program to make them with) so I'll put in a request. I'm working on starting a 24 team fictional league (the North American Professional Baseball League) with 2 leagues, 3 divisions, and 4 teams per division.

I'm thinking of 2 options. The first has 20 games within the division, 6 games against the remainder of each league, and 4 interleague games, which (if I did my math correctly) comes up to 156 games. The other option has 16 division games, 8 league games, and 4 interleague games for 160 games. I would plan on starting the league in early April and have it run through to the end with the All-Star game after the championship series. The end of the season would just fall out of the schedule depending on the number of days off. I'm not sure what you usually use as a basis for days off but is 1 day off every 2 weeks reasonable?

Thanks greatly!!
You do have your math correct in adding up the matchups. I should be able to knock out one (or both) of those versions. The 24-team 2/3/4 configuration is relatively easy to work with, so the main issue will be laying out the number of matchups into series.

The only problem is with the All-Star Game - you can have it after the regular season, but if you do then the game will not schedule the playoffs until after the All-Star Game is finished. So you can schedule it for a couple of days after the last regular season game (accounting for a day or so to have playoff tiebreakers, if they are needed and thus get automatically added) and before the playoffs would begin.

Very close on the offdays, though they are a bit more common. I generally go by the current standard MLB of 162 games in 26 weeks, which comes out to 20 total offdays, but 3-4 of those come in the All-Star Break. For 156 or 160 games with no in-season All-Star Break I will likely go with 25 or 25.5 weeks, so the season will run from early April to late September.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:01 PM   #478 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 19x in 13 posts
Quote:
The only problem is with the All-Star Game - you can have it after the regular season, but if you do then the game will not schedule the playoffs until after the All-Star Game is finished. So you can schedule it for a couple of days after the last regular season game (accounting for a day or so to have playoff tiebreakers, if they are needed and thus get automatically added) and before the playoffs would begin.
Ew, I would've thought the All-star game was after the playoffs. Not wanting any playoff bound players having the chance to get hurt during the All-star game, go ahead and put the All-Star game mid-season.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 02-17-2005, 06:48 PM   #479 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerRocketScientist
Ew, I would've thought the All-star game was after the playoffs. Not wanting any playoff bound players having the chance to get hurt during the All-star game, go ahead and put the All-Star game mid-season.
As it is now in the game any fatigue and injuries incurred during the All-Star Game do not carry over from the game into the rest of the season. Does that influence where you would like the All-Star Game?
Old 02-17-2005, 08:09 PM   #480 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
40 team, 120 game schedules

2 leagues, 20 teams per league, any number of divisions
(division sizes insignificant since schedule is balanced)
6-7 games against each league opponent

These schedules span from about the first of May to the middle of September. The 1st version contains no All-Star Break, while the 2nd and 3rd versions do have an All-Star Break around mid-season. The difference between the 2nd and 3rd version is an offset of 2 days.

See the top of the files for more details.
Wow i'm asleep at the switch, i didnt see this till jsut now. gracias man

jsut three Q's

oen how do you put this in the game without it wigging out

will it have the same teams playign eeach other on the same dates every year (eg team #1 always opens against team #2)

and it says for the schedueles that are made for 1998 and 2005. I assume you just change the starts on date for whtever year youre using?