Home | Webstore
Latest News: - OOTP 15: Update #6 Released! - OOTP 15 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available! - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Released - Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2005, 06:53 PM   #541 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 283x in 122 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
I's don't critiques 'em like that, I's just makes 'em.

Having said that, since you've already done 3 seasons it seems you are not so controlling of every detail in the league that testing it with adjusted dates for a few seasons would bother you much. And now that I think about it, a week (or even less) is all the adjustment needed to get July 31 be about the games-played midpoint.
Well, I'm starting to see more trades now that the league's built up a core of players through drafting. I had one question, and maybe you could answer it, though. Should I keep service time as is (172 days), or set it to 102 days? (It's 102 days from season beginning to season ending, by my calculations. Probally not the best place to ask, but I was here anyway.

Simcentral.net

My MLB Uniforms
Old 04-14-2005, 06:59 PM   #542 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theking121
I have the following request. 36 teams, 144 games. Two games, one home, one away versus each of the teams in the other league, for 36 games. Four games, two home, two away against each opponent in the other two divisions within the league, for 48 games. Twelve games, 6 home and 6 away against each of the division rivals, for 60 games. An all-star game mid season, and typical days off...

Also, can you tell me what program you use to make the schedules?
Wow, that is an unusual request with such short series! I hope the teams are close together so the travel does not wear them out.

Basically when I do when working on them is to lay down all the games in series in a spreadsheet, then I order them as best I can like requested and/or seems logical - maybe spread out interdivision games, put interleague games in scattered blocks, try to end the season with lots of intradivision games. In the spreadsheet I have over time developed some methods for tracking how "pretty" the schedule is for all the teams - making sure offdays are spread out and that homestands & roadtrips are not too long, etc. I fiddle around with it until it reach a point of being "pretty" enough, then I have the spreadsheet spit the games out from the series, and I pile those games into a text file where I can make a few more tweaks to try to better position offdays. I have one more set of tools (industry secret ) outside the spreadsheet I now use as a last check.

I wish I had a real program that really did the working automatically. I am still amazed by the Stickware schedule generator program, which is awesome overall, though does not allow the specification of precise details that people seem particularly fond of like having the exact same number of games against various sets of opponents. For making schedules I think just knowing a few tricks for laying out the games takes one most of the way to being able to produce something that will work, and I have learned ways to make things "prettier" like I described. So the most important tool I'd say is experience, with patience and enjoying the problem solving aspects good to have too.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:12 PM   #543 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindel
Should I keep service time as is (172 days), or set it to 102 days? (It's 102 days from season beginning to season ending, by my calculations. Probally not the best place to ask, but I was here anyway.
Over in OOTP6 you can probably get a more solid answer. MLB has the 172 days set for a season of about 182 days from first to last regular season games, so you can get a full year and still miss out on a few days. I think that 96-game schedule was about 109 days since I remember the June 12 to October 1, so maybe you could set the year indeed to something right around 102 days to mimic in proportion MLB.

However, I feel I should, but I do not know exactly where the counting of service days begins in the game - whether it is when the first games are played or when the "Starting Date" on the Edit Schedule screen is. Just in general for something not dissimilar from MLB I would say to set that Starting Date to something just before the season begins (my league starts always between Apr 1-7 so I set it to April 1st), and have the "year" of service time set to a number of days somewhere right between the length of the schedule in games and the length in days.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:18 AM   #544 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
36 team, 144 game schedule

2 leagues, 3 divisions in each, 6 teams in each

60 division games (12 per opponent)
48 league games outside division (4 per opponent)
36 interleague games (2 per opponent)

See the top of the file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule36team144_236u.txt (32.7 KB, 138 views)
Old 04-17-2005, 11:41 AM   #545 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1x in 1 post
I didn't know where to ask, but mlyons asked me to do this on the board, and that gmo, were fantastic, so... here it is.

I run a 12 team league (2 leagues of 1 division each, 6 teams per division).
We're in 2014.
I'd like to have 24 games (12 H, 12 A) vs. teams in the same league and 6 games (3 H, 3 A) vs. teams in the otherleague, for a total of 156 games per team.
I tried the Stickware generator, but it wasn't very good and I had to edit it a lot (which I did very poorly and left me with a really bad schedule).

If someone could make such a file for my league better than I have done, it would be very appreciated. Thanks .
Old 04-17-2005, 03:46 PM   #546 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 265x in 188 posts
8 team, 200 game schedule

2 leagues, 1 divisions in each, 4 teams in each, or
1 league, 2 divisions, 4 teams in each.

120 division games (40 per opponent)
80 league games outside division (20 per opponent)

Last edited by SandMan; 04-18-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:17 PM   #547 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 39x in 27 posts
I have looked at the 144 game schedules but have a request for another. The closest I saw was the 24team144_226 schedule here but that did not have the off-days I would require. I would like enough off-days to take the season right through September.

It is a 24 team league, 2 leagues with 6 teams to a division starting in 2005.

60 division games
48 Inter-divisional games
36 Interleague games

Is it at all possible for there to be a second schedule to reverse the home/away games of interleague play and that way I could switch schedules ever year? Maybe just reverse the whole schedule.

Forget the All-Star game/break

Thanks again for all your hard work

Muga's Sports Replay Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Met Police football club blow a late three goal lead
As for the Met, coming away from Essex with a point has to rank as one their biggest disappointments since failing to catch Jack The Ripper in the late 1800's.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:27 PM   #548 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
12 team, 156 game schedule

2 leagues, 1 division in each, 6 teams in each

120 division/league games (24 per opponent)
36 games outside division/league (6 per opponent)

Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule12team156_26.txt (11.3 KB, 132 views)
Old 04-17-2005, 06:51 PM   #549 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetus Galacticus
...I would like enough off-days to take the season right through September...

...36 Interleague games...

Is it at all possible for there to be a second schedule to reverse the home/away games of interleague play and that way I could switch schedules ever year? Maybe just reverse the whole schedule.

Forget the All-Star game/break
Wanted to clarify a couple of details.

The 36 interleague games, considering your request to be able to flip the home/away, I take to mean you want to play each of the 12 teams in the other league in a single 3-game series rather than playing the 6 teams of one division in two (1 home, 1 away) 3-game series. Depending on how I piece together the schedule I may be able to basically make it both ways at once. And in either case a second version can be made that (depending on the original) either reverses the home/away or sets the interleague against the other division.

So you want a schedule only 144 games and with no All-Star Break but with lots of offdays. The typical 162-game MLB schedule with an AS Break spans about 182 days, going from a couple days into April to a couple days into October. If you were willing to go with something say starting a week later and ending a week earlier (April 11 through September 25 for 2005), that would work out perfectly to 24 weeks, each with a pair of 3-game series and an offday for every team every week. Is that still long enough for you?
Old 04-17-2005, 08:51 PM   #550 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
12 team, 156 game schedule

2 leagues, 1 division in each, 6 teams in each

120 division/league games (24 per opponent)
36 games outside division/league (6 per opponent)

Holy hell that is amazing. Muchas gracias, monsieur .
Old 04-18-2005, 05:13 AM   #551 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 39x in 27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
Wanted to clarify a couple of details.

The 36 interleague games, considering your request to be able to flip the home/away, I take to mean you want to play each of the 12 teams in the other league in a single 3-game series rather than playing the 6 teams of one division in two (1 home, 1 away) 3-game series. Depending on how I piece together the schedule I may be able to basically make it both ways at once. And in either case a second version can be made that (depending on the original) either reverses the home/away or sets the interleague against the other division.
Sorry, I should have been clearer. Yes I would like one 3 game series against each team.

Quote:
So you want a schedule only 144 games and with no All-Star Break but with lots of offdays. The typical 162-game MLB schedule with an AS Break spans about 182 days, going from a couple days into April to a couple days into October. If you were willing to go with something say starting a week later and ending a week earlier (April 11 through September 25 for 2005), that would work out perfectly to 24 weeks, each with a pair of 3-game series and an offday for every team every week. Is that still long enough for you?
Sounds pretty good to me Always look forward to getting my schedules from this thread - almost worth starting a new league every week Thanks a lot for your time and effort!

Quote:
As for the Met, coming away from Essex with a point has to rank as one their biggest disappointments since failing to catch Jack The Ripper in the late 1800's.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:45 AM   #552 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
24 team, 144 game schedules

2 leagues, 2 divisions in each, 6 teams in each

60 division games (12 per opponent)
48 league games outside division (8 per opponent)
36 interleague games (3 or 6 per opponent)

There are a total of 6 versions of the schedule included in the zip file. They are three pairs ("1" & "2"), where in each pair the other version is just the same as the first except all the games are flipped so that the home & away teams are reversed. One pair ("a") has the interleague matchups broken down as one 3-game series against each team of the other league, another pair ("b") has the interleague matchups broken down as two 3-game series against the teams of the corresponding division of the other league, and the last pair ("c") has the interleague matchups broken down as two 3-game series against the teams of the opposite division of the other league. The division & league matchups do not change in any of the pairs.

See the tops of the files for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ootp6schedule24team144_226u.zip (35.5 KB, 89 views)
Old 04-19-2005, 02:50 AM   #553 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
36 team, 172 game schedule

2 leagues, 3 divisions in each, 6 teams in each

100 division games (20 per opponent)
72 league games outside division (6 per opponent)
no interleague games

By request the schedule has almost no offdays within it.

Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule36team172_236un.txt (38.5 KB, 142 views)
Old 04-19-2005, 04:38 AM   #554 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 293x in 175 posts
thanks GMO!!!! I can't thak you enough
Catch Corporate League Baseball's on-line league newscasts on my blog here at OOTP
Old 04-19-2005, 12:58 PM   #555 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 39x in 27 posts
Fantastic stuff there GMO, thank-you very much!

Quote:
Old 04-26-2005, 04:59 AM   #556 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanked 1x in 1 post
This is about the coolest thread ever.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:05 AM   #557 (permalink)
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonedwarf
This is about the coolest thread ever.
I would have to agree. These schedules increase my enjoyment of this excellent game exponentially. Thanks GMO.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:30 PM   #558 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Location: Traveling through another dimension-not one of only sight and sound,but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundries are those of imagination.
Thanked 412x in 191 posts
Well I am finally breaking down and asking for a specific schedule as I have used the 20 team ones available but they do not quite fit what I would like. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

League is 20 teams 2 leagues 2-5 team divisions in each. I would like 162 game schedule broken out with 18 games in division (x4=72 games) in 3 game series. 10 games with other division (50games) 3 game series h/a and 2 game series h/a. 4 games inter league (x10=40 games) 2 game h/a with each team. Also break for all-star game.

I hope this is not too confusing. Thanks in advance
Old 04-29-2005, 02:11 AM   #559 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
20 team, 162 game schedule

2 leagues, 2 divisions in each, 5 teams in each

72 division games (18 per opponent)
50 league games outside division (10 per opponent)
40 interleague games (4 per opponent)

Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule20team_225u_b.txt (20.4 KB, 181 views)
Old 04-29-2005, 07:18 AM   #560 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Location: Traveling through another dimension-not one of only sight and sound,but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundries are those of imagination.
Thanked 412x in 191 posts
Thank you gmo. I truly appreciate the work you put into this. I tried making my own schedule but didn't have the skills or patience. Thanks again