Home | Webstore
Latest News: - OOTP 15: Update #6 Released! - OOTP 15 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available! - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 World Series Special: 50% Off!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2005, 03:50 PM   #621 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
8 team, 98 game schedule

1 league, 1 division, 8 teams

98 games total (14 per opponent)

See the top of the file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule8team98_18.txt (5.1 KB, 166 views)
Old 07-05-2005, 06:51 PM   #622 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Perfect. Thanks, gmo!
Old 07-08-2005, 11:46 PM   #623 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 190x in 129 posts
ok i'm going to see if I can explain this right:

i'm after a scheduele that has the following:

starts April 1st
154 games
two leagues, one division, eight teams each

now here's where it might be a bit different.

i'm debating doing interleague, and if so i'd like to do this:

have each team play all the teams in the other league at once; for example, a team in league one would play all the team in team two before returning to their original league
two days off before and after this "road trip"
suggestiosn taken if this shoudl be balanced or unbalanced in the schedueling
must have all teams playing in their own league in the last month.

hopefully this makes sense, and can be done. thanks for anyoen that takes this one on
Old 07-09-2005, 01:15 AM   #624 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
have each team play all the teams in the other league at once; for example, a team in league one would play all the team in team two before returning to their original league two days off before and after this "road trip" suggestiosn taken if this shoudl be balanced or unbalanced in the schedueling must have all teams playing in their own league in the last month.
Hmmm, so you mean once a team sets out on interleague play they should go against all 8 of the teams in the other league in a series before returning to their own league?

Would you want all the teams in each league playing interleague at the same time, have them go off separately 2 or maybe 4 at a time, or have them all sort of going at the same time but with staggered starts?

Do you want just one total series for each team against each team in the other league in which case half the series could be home and half away? Or do you want the interleague games to be stretches of 8 series in a row either home or away, which would be conducive to having two series per opponent in one group of 8 series on the road and one group of 8 series all at home?

Some answers to these questions might not work out with each other. For instance, my initial thought is that not wanting all the teams playing interleague at the same time may have problems coming together or that at least the easiest thing would be all in interleague play at once. Anyway, if you could just offer up a bit more clarification that may prove helpful.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:42 AM   #625 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
Hmmm, so you mean once a team sets out on interleague play they should go against all 8 of the teams in the other league in a series before returning to their own league?
Ya i'm trying to replicate the fact that at the time, all their was to travel by was train. Now I dont know how long it took to do cross country back then, but I figure that once they were on the west end of the country, they'd want to do all their games against opponets at ocne to save on travel costs. and vice versa for the western teams heading east.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
Would you want all the teams in each league playing interleague at the same time, have them go off separately 2 or maybe 4 at a time, or have them all sort of going at the same time but with staggered starts?
if it's possible i'd prefer to have it staggered, since a mass exodus would probably seem kind of odd. If one team would take roughly 24 days to do a 3 game series against all eight teams, it'd probably be in the neighbour of a month or a month and a quarter to do it if they were staggared out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
Do you want just one total series for each team against each team in the other league in which case half the series could be home and half away? Or do you want the interleague games to be stretches of 8 series in a row either home or away, which would be conducive to having two series per opponent in one group of 8 series on the road and one group of 8 series all at home?
A stretch of eight away, and later in the year, eight home, or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
Some answers to these questions might not work out with each other. For instance, my initial thought is that not wanting all the teams playing interleague at the same time may have problems coming together or that at least the easiest thing would be all in interleague play at once. Anyway, if you could just offer up a bit more clarification that may prove helpful.
Hopefully this helps a litte, if you need mroe info, let me know
Old 07-09-2005, 02:44 AM   #626 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,030x in 1,681 posts
Quote:
Ya i'm trying to replicate the fact that at the time, all their was to travel by was train. Now I dont know how long it took to do cross country back then, but I figure that once they were on the west end of the country, they'd want to do all their games against opponets at ocne to save on travel costs. and vice versa for the western teams heading east.
How historical are you constructing this league? Does it contain the historical 16 MLB cities, or is it a fictionalized mix of cities?

As to train travel times, a New York to Chicago train run took around 16 hours in 1937; in 1930, a Chicago to Los Angeles train trip took 63 hours, later reduced to 58 hours.

The interleague schedule format that was proposed for the majors several times would have seen 4 games played against each of the teams in the other league, or 32 games in all. Games against league rivals were to be played 18 times each, or 126 games in all. Together, however, this made for a 158 game schedule; to keep it at 154 games, it was suggested that a club would play two teams in interleague matches only twice instead of four times. The lower number of contests against certain interleague teams could be rotated over a period of years to keep things even in the long-term.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:18 AM   #627 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange
How historical are you constructing this league? Does it contain the historical 16 MLB cities, or is it a fictionalized mix of cities?
It's a fictional league actually. Based in Canada, the teams are location in every province except for New Brunswick and PEI. The team locations are as follows

Eastern: St. Johns, Halifax, Quebec City, Ottawa, Kingston, Hamilton, Guelph, London

Western: Thunder Bay(called Fort William at the time), Winnipeg (2), Regina, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver (2)

Quote:
As to train travel times, a New York to Chicago train run took around 16 hours in 1937; in 1930, a Chicago to Los Angeles train trip took 63 hours, later reduced to 58 hours.
Hmm ok so in my context:

Halifax to Toronto = roughly 18 hours
Thunder Bay = 60 hours or 2.5 days non-stop

OK i'm going to have to sacrifice some historical accuracy.

Quote:
The interleague schedule format that was proposed for the majors several times would have seen 4 games played against each of the teams in the other league, or 32 games in all. Games against league rivals were to be played 18 times each, or 126 games in all. Together, however, this made for a 158 game schedule; to keep it at 154 games, it was suggested that a club would play two teams in interleague matches only twice instead of four times. The lower number of contests against certain interleague teams could be rotated over a period of years to keep things even in the long-term.
Well I could bump it to 162 games, giving eight games (four home, four away) agaisnt each interleague team, and having the eighteen games agaisnt their division. However with the travel time that I mentioned, i wonder if it would extend right into November with playoffs?
Old 07-09-2005, 06:00 AM   #628 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The team locations are as follows

Eastern: St. Johns, Halifax, Quebec City, Ottawa, Kingston, Hamilton, Guelph, London

Western: Thunder Bay(called Fort William at the time), Winnipeg (2), Regina, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver (2)
Hmmm, sounds a bit like a fictional league I'm planning to run when OOTP7 comes out. Only in my case I'm basing it loosely on the history of the CFL and Canadian football in general.

While your Eastern league wouldn't have too much trouble with intraleague travel, save for perhaps trips out to the Atlantic cities, your Western league is very spread out.

The solution I'm taking in tackling my similarly distributed western league is to adopt a PCL-style schedule, where nearly all series are one week long to reduce the travel burden. Since Sunday baseball wasn't first legal out west until the 1950's, I'm having teams play Monday through Saturday, with Sundays off for travel (I may use doubleheaders on Saturday as well).

Given your setup, if you want to keep a better semblance of historical reality, I would recommend making your interleague matchups 4 per team, 2 at home and 2 away. Have all the western teams go east at the same time, and each western club would play a total of 16 games out east before heading home. That's not too bad of a road trip, and it means each league only has to make one trip per season to the other league's distant cities. You can then play with your intraleague game totals to come up with a season length you want. I would suggest though perhaps keeping it on the shorter side. A 144 game schedule might be good (7 x 16 = 112 intraleague games plus 8 x 4 = 32 interleague games).

Incidentally, below are the first years in which some Canadian cities finally legalized the playing of professional baseball on Sundays (note the year in which the last MLB cities authorized Sunday baseball was Philadelphia and Pittsburgh for the 1934 season):

Montreal: no restrictions (other Quebec cities didn't seem to limit Sunday games either).
Toronto: 1950 season
Calgary: 1954 season
Edmonton: 1954 season
Vancouver: Aug. of 1956
Winnipeg: 1963 season

I'm still trying to find out when other cities, such as Hamilton, Ottawa, and Regina finally legalized the playing of Sunday pro sports.

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 07-09-2005 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:20 PM   #629 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hmmm, sounds a bit like a fictional league I'm planning to run when OOTP7 comes out. Only in my case I'm basing it loosely on the history of the CFL and Canadian football in general.
That would be cool although if based totaly on their exapnsion pratices, would be kind of intresting. If you want some more info, check out the links in my signature.

Quote:
While your Eastern league wouldn't have too much trouble with intraleague travel, save for perhaps trips out to the Atlantic cities, your Western league is very spread out.
Agreed. about 60% of the Eastern league is concenterated within a six hour drive of each other. For reality sake, the trip to Halifax would be a day in itself, and St Johns would be four or so having to take the ferry. It's why i'll probably ahve to make some artistic licenses as it'd be next to impossible to have a realistic scheduele if everythign was adherred to.

Quote:
The solution I'm taking in tackling my similarly distributed western league is to adopt a PCL-style schedule, where nearly all series are one week long to reduce the travel burden. Since Sunday baseball wasn't first legal out west until the 1950's, I'm having teams play Monday through Saturday, with Sundays off for travel (I may use doubleheaders on Saturday as well).

Given your setup, if you want to keep a better semblance of historical reality, I would recommend making your interleague matchups 4 per team, 2 at home and 2 away. Have all the western teams go east at the same time, and each western club would play a total of 16 games out east before heading home. That's not too bad of a road trip, and it means each league only has to make one trip per season to the other league's distant cities. You can then play with your intraleague game totals to come up with a season length you want. I would suggest though perhaps keeping it on the shorter side. A 144 game schedule might be good (7 x 16 = 112 intraleague games plus 8 x 4 = 32 interleague games).
So for example you'd have the eastern teams visitiong the west one year, while the oppisite the next year? That'd be intresting for sure, and with the Sunday ban that you mentioned, would fit inot a reduced scheduele

Quote:
Incidentally, below are the first years in which some Canadian cities finally legalized the playing of professional baseball on Sundays (note the year in which the last MLB cities authorized Sunday baseball was Philadelphia and Pittsburgh for the 1934 season):

Montreal: no restrictions (other Quebec cities didn't seem to limit Sunday games either).
Toronto: 1950 season
Calgary: 1954 season
Edmonton: 1954 season
Vancouver: Aug. of 1956
Winnipeg: 1963 season

I'm still trying to find out when other cities, such as Hamilton, Ottawa, and Regina finally legalized the playing of Sunday pro sports.
i'm guessing that it might be a province wide thing? if so that would take care of that. All we'd need is the years for saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, and NFLD.

And with these bans, i'm going to ahve to redo my CUBA scheduele
Old 07-10-2005, 01:29 AM   #630 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
16 team, 154 game schedules

2 leagues, each with 1 division, each with 8 teams

106 games within division/league (15-16 per opponent)
48 interleague games (6 per opponent)

By request these schedules are some unusual configurations with the interleague play in long streaks. The two here are similar overall but different in some key details. See the tops of the files for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule16team154_28_b1.txt (16.1 KB, 142 views)
File Type: txt ootp6schedule16team154_28_b2.txt (15.8 KB, 133 views)
Old 07-10-2005, 01:44 AM   #631 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
What I just added above I did without thought to the continued discussion here. The two versions have the interleague in the big swings like requested, the first with somewhat staggered starts and the second with everyone going into interleague at the same time. Obviously there are monster homestands & roadtrips in both, but in the second I kept the consecutive days without an offday down to modern MLB standard.

I made those like any typical one I usually make with the modern type of total offdays and mostly keeping the integrity of the "baseball week" (having two series within Mon-Sun and not having series cross Sun into Mon). I just worked in the interleague details into scheme, bending the rules of thumb to do so. With better planning than what I put into these there could be other results. If historical accuracy is key, play could be taken from Sundays, making that work as a travel day. Maybe the "travelling to interleague play" 2 days could be pushed to 3-4 days like it was another series. That and other possibilities open the door to stretching out the season with more offdays, though perhaps that is not desired. Doubleheaders, longer series than 3-4 days, and ditching the Mon-Sun week (not basically always going with an early week series then a late week/weekend series) open up other possibilities.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:12 AM   #632 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So for example you'd have the eastern teams visitiong the west one year, while the oppisite the next year? That'd be intresting for sure, and with the Sunday ban that you mentioned, would fit inot a reduced schedule.
Not what I was suggesting, but that is another idea too. I just plan to have my western league playing week-long series (i.e. 6 or 7 games long) for as much of the season as possible. With such long series, it greatly reduces the overall number of series needed, and hence the amount of travelling a team would do. This is what the PCL did to cut down on the mileage its teams would have otherwise racked up in that far-flung league.

Quote:
i'm guessing that it might be a province wide thing? if so that would take care of that. All we'd need is the years for saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, and NFLD.
It wasn't provincial in Ontario. Toronto was actually the first municipality to permit Sunday pro sports. Ottawa, which also had a team in the International League from 1951-54, did not play Sunday home games. Or at least, none are listed on the published schedules.

If the first date of Sunday home games in the CFL are any indication, then Hamilton didn't okay Sunday pro sports until 1961, Ottawa not until 1965, and Regina not until 1966.

However, CFL Sunday game starts may not be a very good measure, since even though pro baseball was being played on Sundays in Toronto starting in 1950, the Argos didn't play their first Sunday home game until 1959. Calgary and Edmonton, in spite of allowing pro baseball on Sundays starting in 1954, the Stampeders and Eskimos didn't play their first Sunday home games until 1967. But at least it's some kind of guideline at any rate.

Oh, and by the way, I've nearly finished my attempt at a league logo for your Dominion of Canada Baseball Association. Hopefully I can have it posted up Sunday or Monday, if things conclude well.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:20 PM   #633 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 283x in 122 posts
I'm looking for a schedule that is 162 games, 2 leagues, 1 division, 14 teams (6 in L1/8 in L2) no interleague.

Simcentral.net

My MLB Uniforms
Old 07-12-2005, 12:59 AM   #634 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
14 team, 162 game schedule

2 leagues, each with 1 division, first league with 6 teams and second with 8 teams

162 games total
(32-33 per opponent in first league, 23-24 per opponent in second league)
no interleague games

Schedule for 6-team league is original, but that for 8-team league is taken from one league from the second (All-Star Game including) version of this 16-team schedule.

Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule14team_268n.txt (13.7 KB, 129 views)
Old 10-04-2005, 03:26 PM   #635 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
10 team, 154 game schedule

***Originally posted 2005/07/30***

2 leagues, 1 division, 5 teams per division, or
1 league, 2 divisions, 5 teams per division

94 games within division/league (23-24 per opponent)
60 games outside division/league (12 per opponent)

Attached Files
File Type: txt 10team154_25_c.txt (9.2 KB, 136 views)
Old 10-04-2005, 03:27 PM   #636 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
12 team, 154 game schedule

2 leagues, 1 division, 6 teams per division, or
1 league, 2 divisions, 6 teams per division

100 games within division/league (20 per opponent)
54 games outside division/league (9 per opponent)

Attached Files
File Type: txt 12team154_26_b.txt (11.1 KB, 160 views)
Old 10-04-2005, 03:30 PM   #637 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
22 team, 154 game schedule

2 leagues, 2 divisions,
first league with 5 teams per division
second league with 6 teams per division
(if requested version with leagues reversed can be posted)

94-100 games within division (20-24 per opponent)
54-60 games in league outside division (9-12 per opponent)
no interleague games

Created by merger of this 10-team schedule and this 12-team schedule. See the top of the file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 22team154_225566un_a.txt (21.2 KB, 119 views)
Old 10-04-2005, 03:31 PM   #638 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
32 team, 162 game schedule

***Originally posted 2005/07/31
however do not recall who posted***

2 leagues, 4 divisions, 4 teams per division, or

all games within division (54 per opponent)

Designed for 8 independent 4-team leagues. See the top of the file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6sechedule8Lgs32team162_244.txt (31.9 KB, 139 views)
Old 10-04-2005, 03:33 PM   #639 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
26 team, 162 game schedules

***Originally posted 2005/08/06***

2 leagues, 3 divisions,
first league with divisions of 4, 4, 4 teams
second league with divisions of 5, 5, 4 teams

54-66 games within division (16-18 per opponent)
84-96 games within league outside division (9 per opponent)
12-15 interleague games (3 per opponent)

The three versions in the zipfile set the interleague matchups against the various divisions. See the tops of the files for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 26team162_23444554u_a.zip (21.3 KB, 75 views)
Old 10-04-2005, 03:34 PM   #640 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 120x in 57 posts
32 team, 180 game schedule

***Originally posted 2005/08/18***

2 leagues, 4 divisions, 4 teams per division, or
2 leagues with any divisional configuration of 16 teams

all games within league (12 per opponent)

Longer than typical schedule with all 3-game series, meaning an offday for every team every week. See the top of the file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 32team180_244n_a.txt (35.9 KB, 145 views)