Home | Webstore
Latest News: - OOTP 15: Update #4 Released! - OOTP 15 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available! - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Released - Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2005, 03:57 PM   #701 (permalink)
Major Leagues

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
I can get to 100 with 12 interleague plus 88 (17+17+18+18+18) games in the division. That would be routine to split 50H/50A overall. In the league/division the 18 would be broken down into three 3-game series home and three such series away, and the pair of 17 would be the same except one home game would be removed from one and one away game would be removed from the other. That fits well if you want the offdays like so...

Monday off for all teams every week? That would work fine with those being the only offdays except for in the weeks having one of the 2-game interleague series sets or one the couple of similar 2-game league/division series sets.

Want an All-Star Break? If so, when? A bit past half way through the season like MLB does now?

The layout looks like the 100 games will fit in about 18 weeks, a bit more than 4 months. So as opposed to the 6-month MLB going from beginning of April to beginning of October, do you want to start later (run end of May to start of October), end early (run early April to beginning of August), some combination (like start late April and end at the beginning of September), or something else?
End of May till October.

All-Star break a bit past halfway is fine.

Mondays off every week, yes.

What about times of games based on location? Can that be done easiky? (the norm 7 PM-10 PM EST)

Thanks

Last edited by James M. Rousseau; 11-21-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:37 PM   #702 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by James M. Rousseau
What about times of games based on location? Can that be done easiky? (the norm 7 PM-10 PM EST)
If you gave me the names of the teams in your configuration and their time zones, it would be easy to set the different teams' home games at different times. The issue with that is that in future seasons if you just let the schedule rollover the game rearranges the matchups so the same teams do not play on the same dates each season.

Suppose you had team #1 in the Eastern time zone and team #4 in the Pacific time zone starting its home games 3 hours after team #1 starts its home games. If those teams got switched in their slots in the schedule for the next season it would be quite odd then to have say LA starting at 7pm ET and NY starting at 10pm ET. That reason plus rarely having any idea of the geography of a league leads me to just set game times all at 7pm (or 1pm for day games) unless it is otherwise specified. But if want the different time zones at least for this season and to worry about later later, just let me know how to specify them.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:11 PM   #703 (permalink)
Major Leagues

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Eh. Just set all 7 PM then.

Hmm, one more thing. Would it totally screw everything up to have one day of 6 double headers?

(everyteam plays a 1 pm/7 pm DH... it can be one of the divison 2 game series.)

I would like it to be on September 5th (labour day)

Last edited by James M. Rousseau; 11-21-2005 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:30 PM   #704 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
Quote:
Hmm, one more thing. Would it totally screw everything up to have one day of 6 double headers?

(everyteam plays a 1 pm/7 pm DH... it can be one of the divison 2 game series.)

I would like it to be on September 5th (labour day)
But Sept 5 is a Monday! Oh no, logic error!

That will be fine actually. I had been planning on using the 8 per-team total (6 interleague, 2 not) 2-game series at the start of 8 different weeks scattered about the season. Now I can set that one series on Sept 5, then another short series during that following Tue-Thu, and scatter the remaining 6, maybe all the interleague one, through the rest of the season.

I think I am good to go with enough info now, but if you think of something else feel free to chirp up about it.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:40 PM   #705 (permalink)
Major Leagues

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Alright, Thanks.

Question though, when the league re-does the schedule, will it still use doubleheader day ?

Old 11-21-2005, 05:57 PM   #706 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
Quote:
Question though, when the league re-does the schedule, will it still use doubleheader day ?
Yes. What the game does on its own is just rearrange the slots that teams within each division hold in the schedule while keeping all the games exactly the same. (Does that make sense?)

This is great for keeping the same structure to the schedule but without the same teams playing at the same time every year. The only problem is one that is not such a big deal and something I figure most people just completely ignore if they even notice it at all. Say season 1 has that doubleheader day on Monday Sept 5th, 2005. Next year it will be on Sept 5th, 2006, however, in reality that 5th would be a Tuesday and that Monday would be the 4th. Again, I think most people just pay no attention to that.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #707 (permalink)
Major Leagues

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
Yes. What the game does on its own is just rearrange the slots that teams within each division hold in the schedule while keeping all the games exactly the same. (Does that make sense?)

This is great for keeping the same structure to the schedule but without the same teams playing at the same time every year. The only problem is one that is not such a big deal and something I figure most people just completely ignore if they even notice it at all. Say season 1 has that doubleheader day on Monday Sept 5th, 2005. Next year it will be on Sept 5th, 2006, however, in reality that 5th would be a Tuesday and that Monday would be the 4th. Again, I think most people just pay no attention to that.
Yeah. I just want the old school feel of scheduled double headers.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:11 AM   #708 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
12 team, 100 game schedule

2 leagues, 1 division, 6 teams per division

88 games within league/division (17-18 games per opponent)
12 interleague games (2 per opponent)

See top of file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 12team100_26_a1.txt (7.7 KB, 163 views)
Old 11-22-2005, 12:22 AM   #709 (permalink)
Major Leagues

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Thanks a lot, appreicate it!

Old 12-04-2005, 05:12 AM   #710 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 276x in 165 posts
its been awhile but I've got another request

a need a schedule similar to this one but with a couple of differences

the main difference is that the league structure has changed to 2 leagues 4 divisions each, both in a 5-4-4-5 set-up.

And I would like the all-star game at the end of august instead of the begining.

I didn't run the numbers so I don't know if a 176 game schedule will work, so + or - a few games is fine if it makes things easier or makes more sense schedule wise

thanks

jazz
Catch Corporate League Baseball's on-line league newscasts on my blog here at OOTP

Last edited by jazzrack; 12-04-2005 at 05:13 AM.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:16 PM   #711 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack
..need a schedule similar to this one but with a couple of differences...
I think it will work with 176 games again, though with the uneven divisions it takes a little more time to lay out. Before I go headlong into it I wanted to make sure it was down the right path. You just want to move the All-Star Game like you said and change the configuration of the leagues, right? Still no interleague play and fine with no offdays at all except the 2-day All-Star Break just like the other?

Assuming that and that my initial plans actually can work out, I am looking at teams playing 18 games against each division opponent for the 5-team divisions and 20 games for the 4-team divisions and 8 games per non-division opponent, except 9 games in the case of the two 4-team divisions matching up against each other.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:14 AM   #712 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
I think it will work with 176 games again, though with the uneven divisions it takes a little more time to lay out. Before I go headlong into it I wanted to make sure it was down the right path. You just want to move the All-Star Game like you said and change the configuration of the leagues, right? Still no interleague play and fine with no offdays at all except the 2-day All-Star Break just like the other?

Assuming that and that my initial plans actually can work out, I am looking at teams playing 18 games against each division opponent for the 5-team divisions and 20 games for the 4-team divisions and 8 games per non-division opponent, except 9 games in the case of the two 4-team divisions matching up against each other.
yep, looks good to me
Catch Corporate League Baseball's on-line league newscasts on my blog here at OOTP
Old 12-05-2005, 06:37 AM   #713 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
36 team, 176 game schedule

2 leagues, 4 divisions in each, 5/4/4/5 teams in divisions
(can by request be adjusted for other division distributions)

60-72 division games (18-20 per opponent)
104-116 games within league outside division (8-9 per opponent)
no interleague games

See the top of the file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 36team176_245445un_a1.txt (40.0 KB, 99 views)
Old 12-05-2005, 07:35 AM   #714 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

thank you very much
Old 12-09-2005, 02:21 PM   #715 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
40 teams, 2 leagues, 2 divisions in each

Hey guys, here's my first attempt at a schedule.

It's for a 40-team league, with 4 divisions of ten teams each split in two leagues. I'm all for an unbalanced schedule, and trust me, this provides it.

Each team plays their divisional foes 12 times each, for 108 of their 162 games. To win your division, you have to win your division. They play 4 games against 5 of their interdivisional opponents, and 6 against the other 5 interdivisional opponents. (Those are each split into a home and home series, so 2 2-game series and 2 3-game series.) They also play 4 games against one interleague team, split into two 2-game series surrounding the All-Star break.

I'm also all for a certain kind of symmetry, so you start off playing each of your nine divisional foes. Then you play each interdivisional series. Then you play your division series again. Then two interleague games. Then the All-Star game, then it's reversed. Because I was new to this, and the mix of 2 and 3 game series for the interdivisional series, there are some scheduling quirks. At some points in the season, there are weeks with lots of off days (though never more than one in a row), and times with lots of consecutive games (I think there are 27 at the most, so that doesn't follow traditional MLB rules). There are also lots of long home stands and road trips. I may be adjusting this in the future to eliminate those kinds of problems.

As it is, the season is scheduled to start on April 5, and the All-Star game is set for July 5.

Hope this helps somebody!

PS If you have any questions, and I don't respond in this thread, shoot me a PM. I don't venture down here too often.

EDIT: Also wanted to mention every team plays 81 home and 81 road games, with an equal number of each against every team they play. Like I said, I like symmetry.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 40-team 162-game sked.txt (39.6 KB, 119 views)

Current leading vote-getter in the Worst Poster in OT History poll.

Last edited by Sublimity; 12-09-2005 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:13 PM   #716 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Schedule single league, 3 divisions, unbalanced

Would it be possible to get a schedule, or is there one already, for the following:

Single league, three divisions, four teams each division.
168 game schedule
24 games vs teams in the same division (total 72 games)
12 games vs each team in the other two divisions (total 96 games).
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Old 12-22-2005, 05:19 PM   #717 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher24
Single league, three divisions, four teams each division.
168 game schedule
24 games vs teams in the same division (total 72 games)
12 games vs each team in the other two divisions (total 96 games).
I was going to ask about an All-Star Break or not, but then I remembered that a 1-league setup cannot have that nor playoffs (though the next version will finally allow the playoffs - yay!). But that still leaves the question of the range over the calendar. Have it like current MLB, beginning of April to beginning of October, but just ranging a week longer?
Old 12-22-2005, 09:01 PM   #718 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
A one league setup can't have playoffs? Really!!?? I didn't know that. It seems like the three division winners and one wildcard would be a natural. In order to have playoffs, though, I could just pull in 12 other teams, run another league (using the same schedule for each), and then could playoff to find the champion of the league I really want, couldn't I?

Anyway, yes, a schedule that started on April 1 and simply went a week longer into October would be fine.

Last edited by catcher24; 12-22-2005 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:17 PM   #719 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher24
A one league setup can't have playoffs? Really!!?? I didn't know that. It seems like the three division winners and one wildcard would be a natural. In order to have playoffs, though, I could just pull in 12 other teams, run another league (using the same schedule for each), and then could playoff to find the champion of the league I really want, couldn't I?
Yup, though at least this will be changed with the next version to allow it. Your workaround plan will work. Set up the 12 teams you want like the American or National League, and the placeholder league can be the other. I will post a 2nd version of the schedule that is for 24-teams, the same as the 12-teamer but duplicated for a second league.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:21 AM   #720 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
12 team, 168 game schedule

1 league, 3 divisions, 4 teams per division

72 games within league/division (24 games per opponent)
96 games within league outside division (12 games per opponent)

See top of file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 12team168_134u_a1.txt (12.1 KB, 121 views)