Home | Webstore
Latest News: Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - OOTP 15 Announced! - OOTP 14: Update #7 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.5 Available! - Out Of The Park Baseball 14 Released! - iOOTP Baseball 2013 for iOS Available NOW! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Announced - Pre-Order Now!

Beyond the Sideline Football Announced!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2005, 12:22 AM   #721 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 108x in 51 posts
24 team, 168 game schedule

2 leagues, 3 divisions, 4 teams per division

72 games within division (24 games per opponent)
96 games within league outside division (12 games per opponent)
no interleague games

See top of file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 24team168_234un_a1.txt (24.9 KB, 132 views)
Old 12-23-2005, 09:16 AM   #722 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
GMO - Thank you so very much! How on earth do you do that so quickly? It must be magic! I really, really appreciate it.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:36 PM   #723 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 64x in 52 posts
Well it looks like I need one of those odd 19th century schedules.

1 League of 10 teams

72 Games

May-October, with no Sunday games

Thanks a bunch in advance, your work makes OOTP much much more enjoyable for me. Hopefully, you won't have to do anything more than modify an old 1870's schedule for this...

Since 1839

Currently: 1874
Reigning Champions: Cosmopolitan Baltimore
Old 12-23-2005, 09:46 PM   #724 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 108x in 51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goroyals
1 League of 10 teams

72 Games

May-October, with no Sunday games
As best as I can tell none of the 19th century schedules match that, in particular the 10-team part. So this would need to be made, but I am about to start packing to get out of town for the holiday for a week or so, thus you or somebody else would have to build this if you want it sooner.

I believe there are one or two 8-team schedules in this thread that have a format that can be a guide for this, but just asking you questions may be easier than looking up those. The 72 games divided by 9 opponents comes out to 8 games per, and presumably 4 home & 4 away. Would this be all 4-game series, all 2-game series, some of all kinds (1-game to 4-game)? Preferences about the offdays besides the Sundays (anything like favoring more days off between series requiring travel for both teams)?
Old 12-23-2005, 09:54 PM   #725 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 64x in 52 posts
Thanks gmo...I may just end up trying this myself, but to answer your questions:

A mix of different series lengths would work best, and I would want to avoid teams playing more than 2 (tops 3) days in a row.

If possible a team should have an off-day between games in different cities (travel day).

Since 1839

Old 12-26-2005, 04:54 PM   #726 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
GMO - Re: posts 720 & 721: I opened up the schedule in a text editor and I think I understand how it works. Couple of questons:
If I want days off, do I just leave the number for that day blank, then adjust the numbers for the following days accordingly, or is something else necessary?
How do you add an all star game?
How do you change start times (I believe that is the last number; is the number always considerd PM, and how would you do, say, a 7:30 start time)?

Thanks for your help!
Old 12-28-2005, 04:04 PM   #727 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher24
GMO - Re: posts 720 & 721: I opened up the schedule in a text editor and I think I understand how it works. Couple of questons:
If I want days off, do I just leave the number for that day blank, then adjust the numbers for the following days accordingly, or is something else necessary?
How do you add an all star game?
How do you change start times (I believe that is the last number; is the number always considerd PM, and how would you do, say, a 7:30 start time)?

Thanks for your help!
Hope I can help since gmo is apparently on vacation for a bit.

To get a day off, just don't have anything for that line. For instance, if every team was going to have day 125 off, you would have two successive lines with something along the lines of:
124,TeamA,TeamB,Time
126,TeamA,TeamB,Time
If you want just two teams to have that day off, just don't include them in a line with that day. So if you normally have five games, but two teams are going to have day 125 off, you would have four lines with 125 at the beginning of it.

An All-Star game is added in the OOTP schedule editor. It has a place for you to put the date of the All-Star game. Just make sure it's on a date where nobody is scheduled to have a game and you're good to go.

The last number is the time, it is always PM and eastern time. I'm not sure about 7:30 start times. I just figured if I ever messed with times, they'd always start on the hour. Hopefully someone else can answer that part for you.

Also, I noticed you opened it in a text editor. That's how I originally worked, but it's easier in a spreadsheet, IMO. Then when you save it, you save it as a .csv file, and make sure it's comma-delimited. But that way, with it in a spreadsheet, you can make sure every team is playing the right number of games and all of that. I made quite a few mistakes in that regard when I first did it. So it helps check, especially since you can do all the sorting.

Good luck!

Current leading vote-getter in the Worst Poster in OT History poll.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:55 PM   #728 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Tony - Thank you for the help. If I open it in a spreadsheet, I can perceive where it would be easier to add a day off, since (I think) the spreadsheet would then auto renumber the rest of the schedule. I'll try that.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:58 PM   #729 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 108x in 51 posts
10 team, 72 game schedule

1 league, 1 division, 10 teams

all games within division/league (8 games per opponent)

Attached Files
File Type: txt 10team72_110_a1.txt (5.1 KB, 183 views)
Old 01-01-2006, 02:39 PM   #730 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 64x in 52 posts
Thanks gmo. Excellent work. Your schedules have made my solo league more realistic and thus more enjoyable.

Since 1839

Old 01-20-2006, 12:04 AM   #731 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 108x in 51 posts
16 team, 114 game schedule

2 leagues, 2 divisions, 4 teams per division

54 games within division (18 games per opponent)
36 games within league outside division (9 games per opponent)
24 interleague games (3 games per opponent)

Attached Files
File Type: txt 16team114_224u_a1.txt (11.5 KB, 155 views)
Old 01-21-2006, 07:45 PM   #732 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 14x in 12 posts
Mr. GMO, et al,

I'm experiencing problems importing a schedule into a new league I started. When I started the league, I set it up as a default 162-game schedule, but I found this 158 game schedule which I prefer.

However, when I clear the schedule (this is previous to my 'fantasy' draft) and try and import the new one, it does not work.

I've d'loaded the schedule, left the file name alone, and imported it from my desktop when prompted by the schedule editor, in-game.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to wait until after the 'fantasy' draft?

TIA,

-E

"When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self."
Old 01-21-2006, 08:26 PM   #733 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 108x in 51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enuttage
However, when I clear the schedule (this is previous to my 'fantasy' draft) and try and import the new one, it does not work.

I've d'loaded the schedule, left the file name alone, and imported it from my desktop when prompted by the schedule editor, in-game.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to wait until after the 'fantasy' draft?
What do you mean by "clear" the schedule? What do you mean that it does not work?

I am not sure I have ever tried to import a schedule before the initial draft of a new league, though I have made leagues with no players and imported before doing anything. Importing at any point in the preseason should be fine.

I assume you have created the league, set the team names and such, and are now ready to move forward and begin. Since you originally set the schedule length to 162 games, you should have the game generate its own 158 game schedule. Always do this when changing the number of games. If you do not, the game does not "learn" that the new schedule length is being used, instead figuring the old length is in effect for use in figuring magic numbers and most likely projected stats. After making that temporary game-generated schedule, just import the new file.

I just tested this on a dummy league. I used the copy of the file on my machine already rather than downloading it again, but I do not think there should be any problems with the posted file. It sounds like you are indeed importing the the schedule using the CSV Import button on the Edit Schedule screen and not doing anything wrong like copying the csv file into your .lg folder. Maybe just saving it on the desktop is an issue? I could not imagine why, but that is just something I do not do.

If you try the above and it still does not work, try to give some more details about exactly what is going on.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:07 PM   #734 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 14x in 12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
What do you mean by "clear" the schedule? What do you mean that it does not work?
I hit the 'clear' button in the schedule editor prior to importing the new schedule file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
Since you originally set the schedule length to 162 games, you should have the game generate its own 158 game schedule. Always do this when changing the number of games. If you do not, the game does not "learn" that the new schedule length is being used, instead figuring the old length is in effect for use in figuring magic numbers and most likely projected stats. After making that temporary game-generated schedule, just import the new file.
Okay, this is what I've done. No more 'clear' button this time. Generated a 158-game schedule and then pressed the 'CSV Import' button and found the file on my desktop.

Hit 'open' in the windows interface.

The schedule is then completely erased. No sign of any games.

Okay, nm. After typing all that out, I re-downloaded the file and it worked. Shrug. Must've been a bum download or something.

Thanks for the help, gmo. And thanks for the schedule!!

"When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self."
Old 01-21-2006, 11:27 PM   #735 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 108x in 51 posts
16 team, 156 game schedule

2 leagues, 2 divisions, 4 teams per division, or
2 leagues, any divisional configuration of 8 teams per league

140 games within league (20 games per opponent)
16 interleague games (2 games per opponent)

The intraleague games are all within 5-game series, which are always followed by an offday. The interleague games are centered about the midpoint of the season and occur in 2-game series where one game is at home and one game is away. See top of file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 16team156_224_a1.txt (15.6 KB, 125 views)
Old 01-23-2006, 09:25 PM   #736 (permalink)
Major Leagues

Thanked 5x in 5 posts
Looking for 162 games/2lgs/3div/36 teams/with interleague

I'm looking for a 162 game schedule for a 2 league, 3 division, 36 team league , with interleague play. I have seen 162 games for this setup with no interleague and 178 games with. Please help if possible. Thanks. I also have a question. I have tried to generate my own schedule using stickware. How do you convert what it generates into an importable version for the game? Thanks again.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:33 PM   #737 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 108x in 51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRockHead
I'm looking for a 162 game schedule for a 2 league, 3 division, 36 team league , with interleague play. I have seen 162 games for this setup with no interleague and 178 games with. Please help if possible. Thanks. I also have a question. I have tried to generate my own schedule using stickware. How do you convert what it generates into an importable version for the game? Thanks again.
What I plan to do with this is spread the matchups around like so:
14-15 games against each of 5 division opponents
6 games against each of other 12 league opponents
3 games against the 6 teams of one division of the other league

That adds up to 72+72+18=162. I am assuming a lot of MLB-like characteristics - season spans from beginning of April to beginning of October, All-Star Break included and just past halfway into the season in mid-July or so. Let me know if any of this is not what you want.

As far as Stickware goes, it creates (perhaps among other things) a "schedule.dat" file that you simply copy over into your .lg folder for your league. You do not use the Import CSV option for Stickware.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:26 AM   #738 (permalink)
Major Leagues

Thanked 5x in 5 posts
Sounds ok to me. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:34 PM   #739 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 108x in 51 posts
36 team, 162 game schedules

2 leagues, 3 divisions, 6 teams per division

72 games within division (14-15 games per opponent)
72 games within league outside division (6 games per opponent)
18 interleague games (3 games per opponent)

The different versions juggle the interleague matchups among the various divisions. See top of file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 36team162_236u_a1.txt (36.6 KB, 152 views)
File Type: txt 36team162_236u_a2.txt (36.6 KB, 136 views)
File Type: txt 36team162_236u_a3.txt (36.6 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by gmo; 01-31-2006 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:00 AM   #740 (permalink)
Major Leagues

Thanked 5x in 5 posts
Thanks!!!!