Home | Webstore
Latest News: - OOTP 15: Update #4 Released! - OOTP 15 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available! - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Released - Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2006, 02:51 PM   #741 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 84x in 69 posts
Really Short Request

This one is so easy, I could probaly do it myself. If I didn't find schedule making frustrating and the worst part of setting up a new league.

6 Team/30-game (3H/3A)

No Sunday games, First Week in April to last in September

Thanks in advance

Since 1839

Currently: October 1880
Old 02-04-2006, 02:58 PM   #742 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goroyals
6 Team/30-game (3H/3A)

No Sunday games, First Week in April to last in September
Whoa, 30 games per team spread out over 6 months? Do you want single-game series all spread out with with on average 5 offdays in between? Or do you want like about two 3-game series per month?
Old 02-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #743 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 84x in 69 posts
How about a mix of both? Each team visits the others for a 2-game series and a single-game.

Since 1839

Old 02-06-2006, 03:06 AM   #744 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
6 team, 30 game schedule

1 league, 1 division, 6 teams

all games within division (6 games per opponent)

See top of file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 6team30_16_a1.txt (1.7 KB, 195 views)
Old 02-06-2006, 06:55 AM   #745 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 84x in 69 posts
Thanks, looks great.

Since 1839

Old 02-19-2006, 04:41 PM   #746 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,216x in 1,366 posts
Schedule Re-arranger

OK, I am really nervous about posting something that may be really amateurish but I have been using this spreadsheet for a while now and it works for me. I didn't search the whole thread so this may have been done already. Even if that is so, it was still fun.

In this post GMO talks about re-arranging teams to keep the schedule fresh.

Below is a template for a given schedule (thanks GMO), where you can re-arrange the team orders easily and plug in the start day as it changes yearly. This file is set up for a 32 team 565 set up but I'm sure it can be re-jigged to fit any schedule you want. Just paste in a different schedule, then modify the references for a different number of teams and/or divisions.

My wife who is much better at Excel taught me the Vlookup formula that re-arranges the teams. Please note the actual Vlookup references are at the bottom of the sheet. I put a dummy set in at the top so people would not have to scroll down.

Instructions are included. I apologize in advance for making it seem more difficult than it is.

I'm not very savvy on the right way to present these things so advice from anyone would be appreciated.

Download Here

RichW
Old 02-27-2006, 07:44 PM   #747 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Hey guys. Got a request for ya.

140 game, 8 teams - 2 leagues, 1 division with 4 teams each.
Start in mid April, End in late September or Early October.
No inter-league, No all-star game.
All day games.
I'm using a 3-man rotation so if you could work the schedule around that that would be great. If not thats okay, too.

Thanks in advanced.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:41 AM   #748 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Request for Schedual

OK... here's a really tough one...

* single 10 team league, 2 divisions of 5 each
* 30 game schedual
* teams should play ONLY divisional opponents for 25 of the 30 games
* season starts July 15th of each year

is this even possible?

thanks in advance! No idea how to do this myself, but I want to expand my current 6 team league to have 2 divisions without having to play the other division much.

The NEBA, an now defunkt solo league

- "It's Turtles all the way Down."
Old 02-28-2006, 01:51 AM   #749 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
Hey guys. Got a request for ya.

140 game, 8 teams - 2 leagues, 1 division with 4 teams each.
Start in mid April, End in late September or Early October.
No inter-league, No all-star game.
All day games.
I'm using a 3-man rotation so if you could work the schedule around that that would be great. If not thats okay, too.

Thanks in advanced.
As specified that works out with pretty much each week having 6 games. That would work out to generally two 3-game series plus one offday per week, which does not really give all the the time off you might want for 3-man rotations.

But with so few teams and no interleague this will not be too complicated to make as you have spelled it out.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:59 AM   #750 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Venerable
OK... here's a really tough one...

* single 10 team league, 2 divisions of 5 each
* 30 game schedual
* teams should play ONLY divisional opponents for 25 of the 30 games
* season starts July 15th of each year

is this even possible?

thanks in advance! No idea how to do this myself, but I want to expand my current 6 team league to have 2 divisions without having to play the other division much.
I have only briefly thought about it, but I believe it would work, though with 24 games against division opponents and 6 games outside the division. That would be playing each of the other 4 division teams 6 games and 4 of the teams in the other division once and the remaining team in the other division twice.

Well, that would be if all teams were playing at the same time. How would you want the games laid out? About 3 games per week? Do you want only 1-game and maybe occasional 2-game series spread around fairly evenly, or would you want something like only games on the weekends? Fill in some of those details, and I am sure something at least very close to what you want can be made.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:30 AM   #751 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Wow thanks...

Hey GMO... thanks a lot man... the 24-6 idea you had would be awesome...

The way I like to play in this league (currently called the Big Six league) is a very intense short season with few off-days. That way fatigue becomes a factor and i have to use all my relievers.

* I start on July 15th with an 3 day all-star break right after the trade deadline (August 1st) and the season ending on August 20th.

* In my past seasons, there have only been a 4 off-days not including the AS break. 2 are in the 1st half, 2 in the 2nd half. Idealy, I'd really like to keep it like this so as to keep the intensity high and fatigue a factor. Thus, most weeks are back-to-back games.

* For some reason the game always puts the off days on 7/26, 7/31, 8/8 and 8/16. I like tradition, so if possible I'd like to keep it like that!

* series are typically anywhere from 2-4 games, but 3 game sets as a standard for divisional opponents would be ideal I think.

* The only other thing I'd hope to ask for would be to put divisional series down the stretch to make pennant races more exciting.

I'll attempt to attach a .CSV of my last season's schedual incase it is a help.... the way I would like to re-arrange things is to have Vermont (historically a cellar dwellar) move to the other division along with the 4 new teams.

again, many many thanks! when I publish this league online I will def. give you a credit!
Attached Files
File Type: txt bigsix2014.txt (8.7 KB, 119 views)

Old 02-28-2006, 10:30 PM   #752 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
Quote:
...the 24-6 idea...
Thanks for the thorough explanation for your league. If I had thought about longer I could have told you more details. It can work, just not with everything exactly how you may want it.

With the 10 teams (in 2 divisions of 5) there will be 5 games at any given time - two involving 4 of the teams from one division, two involving 4 of the teams from the other division, and one involving the left over teams from each division. So every day is mostly division games, but there is always one game not.

Having so few games, you are basically limited to 1-game series unless you really wanted to reconfigure how the games and offdays are laid out.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:51 PM   #753 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
Thanks for the thorough explanation for your league. If I had thought about longer I could have told you more details. It can work, just not with everything exactly how you may want it....
Thats cool, yeah I realized (after trying to bend my own mind around how this could possibly work) that series length would probably have to be sacrificed. Thats no big deal to me, something has to give and that is the aspect of the schedual I am least concerned about.

Let me know if I can be of help in any other way. I tried to put a schedual together myself this afternoon, but I couldn't get it worked out at all... I just don't have that kind of quantitative mind I think!

Old 03-01-2006, 02:13 AM   #754 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
Quote:
Thats no big deal to me, something has to give and that is the aspect of the schedual I am least concerned about.
I have something pretty well worked up, but it is my bedtime for tonight. I should be able to finish it up and get it posted tomorrow evening.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:53 AM   #755 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
I have something pretty well worked up, but it is my bedtime for tonight. I should be able to finish it up and get it posted tomorrow evening.
Awesome, thanks man I'm looking forward to it greatly. The break has allowed me to get some historical aspects of my league updated, but I'm anxious to enter the next phase of the Big Six League (soon to be merely a reference to Christy Mathewson)...

-Max

Old 03-02-2006, 01:15 AM   #756 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
8 team, 140 game schedule

2 leagues, 1 division in each, 4 teams per division

all games within division/league (46-47 games per opponent)

Attached Files
File Type: txt 8team140_24n_a1.txt (6.7 KB, 159 views)

Last edited by gmo; 03-02-2006 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:18 AM   #757 (permalink)
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 113x in 52 posts
10 team, 30 game schedule

2 leagues, 1 division in each, 5 teams per division, or
1 league, 2 divisions, 5 teams per division

24 games within division/league (6 games per opponent)
6 games outside division/league (1-2 games per opponent)

Attached Files
File Type: txt 10team30_25_a1.txt (2.5 KB, 147 views)
Old 03-02-2006, 02:19 PM   #758 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
10 team, 30 game schedule
Hey GMO... thanks a lot for making that schedual for me... I can't wait to try it out tonight! Let me know if you ever need a custom logo or anything like that, I do pretty good graphics.

-Max

Old 03-17-2006, 06:05 PM   #759 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,567x in 563 posts
Ping: LGO:

Have you done any early/mid 50's PCL schedules? I'm pretty sure they played a 180-game season at some point during that decade...
Old 03-18-2006, 02:42 PM   #760 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Location: Traveling through another dimension-not one of only sight and sound,but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundries are those of imagination.
Thanked 402x in 183 posts
I have what I think is an easy request. 2 leagues single division of 8 teams in each. No interleague. 84 game schedule which breaks down to 12 games against each of the other seven teams in league. This should mean 4 3-game series(2 series home and away) against everyone. I would like the season to start no earlier than April 25 and end no later than August 15. It is not real important if all teams are off the same days or if the off days are staggered,what ever is easier. 3 or 4 day allstar break somewhere near mid-point. A May 1 to August 15 season would be ideal if it works without cramping things to much.