||04-01-2010 01:01 PM
PBRL - Fastpaced v6.5 Historical/Fictional League in our 89th season! Needs 2 GM's
Some of you may recognize me from the gigantic dynasty thread I ran a couple years back: P L A G U E !
Since then I've been the commissioner of the Professional Baseball Replay League: PBRL, a historical/fictional league that has been running for 88 seasons. I ran 1901-10 as a solo league to get some history, and we have been live since 1911. As of today, we are entering 1989 and find ourselves in need of a GM for the Phillies next season. This does not happen often, so strike while the iron is HOT
Here are some current features of the league:
In the past we have had:
- As the commissioner, I do NOT own a team. I take care of teams in owners' absences and I pride myself on being completely impartial.
- We use actual park factors based on data from an owner who worked for MLB
- The league totals are tweaked throughout the season in order to accurate match the historical totals as closely as possible.
- We use actual MLB historical schedules
- Players are fictional, but we use actual teams (though some of them entered the leagues earlier or later than in reality).
- We have a complete Catobase with additional stats coded in: Pro Replay History - League Statistics and History
- We have an owner-made Hall of Fame based on the Cato Template: Hall of Fame - Pro Replay History
- PBRL is a talent-only league using the 1-10 scale. Ratings are invisible.
- There are no financials. Instead of Free Agency, we have had an international league called the IPL (OOTP 6 Generated Website) running simultaneously since 1970 with actual teams from Asia, Mexico and the Caribbean. Each season, 25-30 players from the IPL declare themselves eligible for "free agency" and teams submit blind bids on them. The signed players are imported to their new PBRL teams the following season.
- Random free Agents added each year to teams to represent the "diamonds in the rough" discovered by your scouts
- All playoff games and the All Star game are broadcast live.
- PBRL has at least 6 sims per week, including a live End of Season sim posted on the forums.
- The Federal League
- The Negro Leagues with teams breaking the color
- Players left for WWI and WWII. Some were wounded or killed. Some returned better than before.
As you can see, this is a very deep league with tons of history, a lot of activity and extremely devoted GM's. If you're interested in joining, send me a PM here or email me at metsgeek at yahoo dot com
||12-31-2010 10:44 PM
Just starting 1989 and the Phillies will be opening up next season. Email me if interested
||01-01-2011 02:07 AM
Glad to see you guys are still going :)
||01-14-2011 09:33 PM
Red Sox are available.
If interested, email me: metsgeek at yahoo.com
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2013 Out of the Park Developments