Home | Webstore
Latest News: - OOTP 15: Update #5 Released! - OOTP 15 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available! - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Released - Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
FHM Producer

Thanked 4,108x in 985 posts
Additional Researchers Needed

We've added a few researchers in the run-up to the beta release, but we still have some volunteer research positions we'd like to fill ASAP. They are:

OHL - position filled
QMJHL - position filled
(those two are the highest priority, we want them playable in the first version)
Slovakia - position filled
Switzerland - position filled
Central Hockey League - position filled
NCAA - position filled
(those four are less likely to be playable - the Central, Swiss and Slovak leagues might be, but not the NCAA. We'd just like complete data there because it's such a large source of players.)

Rating players is the "fun" part of the job, but fair warning: you'd also need to be doing stuff like checking/fixing team data, entering player biographical data (some of it's already there, but frequently stuff is missing), and the other boring, not-so-fun things that comprise the majority of hockey database work.

The OHL and Q jobs will require a lot of time over the next month, the other ones won't be quite so urgent. If you're interested, please send me a private message with the name of the league you'd like to work on in the title.

Last edited by JeffR; 02-09-2013 at 09:56 PM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Hey I know this is my first post here but I have been watching the forums of FHM since I heard about the game, I have played EHM 07 for aleast 4 years now and happy a new game is coming, I would like to help with this Jeff, I am a hockey nut and love the Edmonton Oilers and would like to take on the OHL if that is possible

Thanks

Matt
redwall84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 18x in 13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
We've added a few researchers in the run-up to the beta release, but we still have some volunteer research positions we'd like to fill ASAP. They are:

OHL
QMJHL - position filled
(those two are the highest priority, we want them playable in the first version)
Slovakia
Switzerland
Central Hockey League
NCAA Division I (possibly broken down by conference, but I'd prefer having one person doing it all)
(those four are less likely to be playable - the Central, Swiss and Slovak leagues might be, but not the NCAA. We'd just like complete data there because it's such a large source of players.)

What about Czech Extraliga? I take it that is being researched? If not I would like to help.
no way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanked 620x in 281 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by no way View Post
What about Czech Extraliga? I take it that is being researched? If not I would like to help.
Yeah Geckon is researching the Czech league.

Webmaster of The Blue Line Eastside Hockey Manager & Franchise Hockey Manager community and resource
archibalduk is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Garethw87 (02-07-2013), no way (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Meh looks like PM ain't availible for new users. Anyways I used to play EHM alot and got some (alot) sparetime for the next month and would love to give you a helping hand with this. I wouldn't mind doing the boring stuff of filling in bios etc, in maybe Switzerland or NCAA.
lightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 8x in 8 posts
Doesn't look like I can PM Jeff either, but I am interested in helping research the Central Hockey League and/or the NCAA.
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Anyone doing Denmark?
ElQuapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
I try sending a pm too but not sure it worked.

Interested in doing OHL. I have a lot of spare time with my schedule.
Whitebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
FHM Producer

Sorry, guys, I didn't realize there were PM restrictions on new users. If you can't send me one, just post here instead.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPayne View Post
Doesn't look like I can PM Jeff either, but I am interested in helping research the Central Hockey League and/or the NCAA.
Check your gmail, I've sent you a message there.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 8x in 8 posts
Quote:
Check your gmail, I've sent you a message there.
Will do. Thanks!
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Hello i can help to research in ncaa. If you need my email let me know please.
arca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 9x in 4 posts
Finland is taken?

If not, I'm willing to help out on that, when needed. I also will get assistants to help me out, if necessary.
Wolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Hi Jeff, I would be interested in helping out with the Central Hockey League, NCAA, or Switzerland. I played in the Central Hockey League for 2+ years recently so I'm pretty familiar with the players in the league. I've been playing in Europe for the last 4 years now so I have a good background over here as well, and have lots of free time to help out. Let me know if I can be of some use. Thanks.
mjs22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
FHM Producer

Sorry if I'm a little slow working through the responses, had some technical issues yesterday and I'm getting caught up with the avalanche of email this week has generated.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 38x in 23 posts
Maybe I am misunderstanding this thread, but does this mean we can expect "randoms" doing the ratings of some of the leagues for release?. I mean, even OOTP doesn't have 100% accurate ratings, actually OOTP 12 had the exact same ratings as OOTP 11 if I recall, but there ratings are always pretty solid.

I would hope atleast we would get a rating team of some sort for FHM's release.
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyoursixx View Post
Maybe I am misunderstanding this thread, but does this mean we can expect "randoms" doing the ratings of some of the leagues for release?. I mean, even OOTP doesn't have 100% accurate ratings, actually OOTP 12 had the exact same ratings as OOTP 11 if I recall, but there ratings are always pretty solid.

I'm not sure I understand your concern. What I'm looking for is additional volunteers to fill out the rating team. They've got guidelines to work from, and I'll be checking regularly to make sure they understand and follow them.
Thank you for this post:
CeeBee (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 03:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 6x in 6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyoursixx View Post

I wouldn't worry if I were you. The Football Manager series as well as Championship Manager before it has always relied on fans doing the ratings and they are generally regarded as vastly superior to the ratings of the EA and Konami football games for example... Random people are usually better at this than you'd think...
Djungelurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
CeeBee (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 12x in 9 posts
Being rather familiar with the OHL, if you need additional people for research in that league I'd be more than willing to help out.
umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
FHM Moderator

Thanked 668x in 362 posts
Quote:
I'm not sure I understand your concern. What I'm looking for is additional volunteers to fill out the rating team. They've got guidelines to work from, and I'll be checking regularly to make sure they understand and follow them.
I guess what he was saying is like when you work in a group project of 4 people and split up the parts then put it all together it looks like 4 different people did 4 different parts (and they did). I completely understand his concern but with that said hopefully your templates take care of that which i'm sure it does (or at least i hope so )