Home | Webstore
Latest News: - OOTP 15: Update #6 Released! - OOTP 15 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available! - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Offseason Special: 50% Off!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer
 
tcblcommish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,621
Thanks: 207
Thanked 314x in 175 posts
Historical Starting in 47-48

Playing with the Chicago Black Hawks starting in the first seaon you can in the game and going as far as I can. One thing I have noticed this season is that the game is crashing randomly over the course of the season. Fortunately, there is only 6 teams so simming and saving is super fast and it's not that huge of a deal right now. I wish I could say that I could make these crashes happen all the time but they just kind of happen. If it crashes during a game one time, it doesn't the next time so I'm sure there is something floating around causing it to happen. Not a huge deal at this point of the beta, I'm sure that will all be fixed.

Another thing I noticed that there was hardly any injuries and didn't have to replace too many players during the season. I didn't touch any of the sliders or numbers at all so it's just at default. Not realy sure why there wasn't but I think there was only 4 injuries to my team all season and none longer than 10 days.

ok so here is the Chicago Black Hawks.
Attached Images
  
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Anton (04-01-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer
 
tcblcommish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,621
Thanks: 207
Thanked 314x in 175 posts
Here is the post season statistics for the Staney Cup winning Chicago Black Hawks. I was able to beat the Red Wings after squeaking into the playoffs and then being down 3-1 to the Wings in the finals. The Bentley's were amazing in the final series and really won the Cup
Attached Images
  
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer
 
tcblcommish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,621
Thanks: 207
Thanked 314x in 175 posts
Rest of the league....
Attached Images
  
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 3,722
Thanks: 46
Thanked 4,126x in 993 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
Playing with the Chicago Black Hawks starting in the first seaon you can in the game and going as far as I can. One thing I have noticed this season is that the game is crashing randomly over the course of the season. Fortunately, there is only 6 teams so simming and saving is super fast and it's not that huge of a deal right now. I wish I could say that I could make these crashes happen all the time but they just kind of happen. If it crashes during a game one time, it doesn't the next time so I'm sure there is something floating around causing it to happen. Not a huge deal at this point of the beta, I'm sure that will all be fixed.
Are the crashes coming while you're simming, or when you do something specific, e.g. make a trade or signing? Historical mode is extremely stable when I run it hands-off (unemployed and not making changes in commissioner mode), so most of the crashes are likely coming when something goes wrong with player-initiated changes. So the more you can tell us about the specific circumstances of the crash, the better.

Quote:
Another thing I noticed that there was hardly any injuries and didn't have to replace too many players during the season. I didn't touch any of the sliders or numbers at all so it's just at default. Not realy sure why there wasn't but I think there was only 4 injuries to my team all season and none longer than 10 days.
That's odd, and now that I look at my test game I see the same thing. We'll check it out.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer
 
tcblcommish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,621
Thanks: 207
Thanked 314x in 175 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Are the crashes coming while you're simming, or when you do something specific, e.g. make a trade or signing? Historical mode is extremely stable when I run it hands-off (unemployed and not making changes in commissioner mode), so most of the crashes are likely coming when something goes wrong with player-initiated changes. So the more you can tell us about the specific circumstances of the crash, the better.
Like I said, I'm not really doing anything at all. Was just simming to next game, then sim the game by clicking sim today or whatever the button is called. Sometimes it would crash before a game, then I would restart the program and it wouldn't crash the next time. I have no idea why it was crashing. The only thing I can say that I had going on is I set the training and scouting to not be me in the manager's options. I have no idea whose name was there but he was the one I picked to do it. I will say that it kinda screwed me a little bit because there was no scouting done and I don't think the training was changed up at all either. No big deal as I figured that wasn't really an active thing yet so I didn't say much about it.


Quote:
That's odd, and now that I look at my test game I see the same thing. We'll check it out.
I'm glad i said that then cause it wouldn't really be too much fun if the game has no injuries for past seasons
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
MXD
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5x in 3 posts
The first thing I actually noticed is the wins and the losses (of your goalies) not adding up.

Not to mention than the Hawks results seems a little too good...
MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer
 
tcblcommish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,621
Thanks: 207
Thanked 314x in 175 posts
Historical Starting in 47-48

The wins and losses or just goalie stats themselves are messed up and is known. It'll be fixed in an update soon I assume
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer
 
mgom27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,230
Thanks: 692
Thanked 185x in 134 posts
With using 1979 and uping Trades to 100 and other changes Game still likes to exit from time to time like in Decemeber and can't get past third season same with a 2012-13 and starting in second off season in NHL Trading Block/Trades Players stays Grayed out for NHL but other Leagues still Trade and even have save everyday on and shouldn't have to.
Know have done active present and former Blues on the Blues or Blues active Unsigned.
__________________
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer
 
tcblcommish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,621
Thanks: 207
Thanked 314x in 175 posts
48-49 Season Chicago Black Hawks

Ok, so I played out my 2nd season with the Hawks and found that there were quite a bit more injuries, which is good. Overall, not a great season for the Hawks, top 2 players missed quite a bit of time and hurt my chances. Last week of the season, I did manage to help Maurice Richard with the goal scoring title so that is something, lol.

Art Michaluk won the Norris Trophy this season. An average defenseman at best, was able to get the award. The 25 year old certainly had his best season, albeit his 2nd in the league, playing 58 games with 5 goals and 17 assists with a plus 22 and 68 hits. He also had 42 PIMs.

Johnny Bower won the save percentage award in his rookie season. Too bad his season was wasted because of the team missing the playoffs but he was spectacular.
Attached Images
  
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer
 
tcblcommish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,621
Thanks: 207
Thanked 314x in 175 posts
Here are the standings and some other stuff from the league...
Attached Images
   
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer
 
tcblcommish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,621
Thanks: 207
Thanked 314x in 175 posts
49-50 Season Another Stanley Cup

This season was solid again for injuries, had a few, probably not quite enough but more than the first one for sure. Something else I noticed, there has been no crashes since the first season has played so it must have been something from that first season.

As far as the Hawks go, I managed to pick up Doug Harvey in a trade for Glenn Hall and a minor leaguer, though Harvey really didn't have a great season. Now he wants to test free agency though I offered him a large contract to stay with a no trade clause, hoping that will get him to sign. I also lost Doug Bentley for the whole season which sucked but he came back for the playoffs which was a huge boost.
Attached Images
   
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer
 
tcblcommish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,621
Thanks: 207
Thanked 314x in 175 posts
and some more
Attached Images
  
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 165
Thanks: 7
Thanked 8x in 8 posts
These results are very cool and I'm looking forward to this game!

I just wanted to drop a note that your playoff format is wrong for the era. In those years, the NHL played 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4 (as opposed to 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3).
jduteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Anton (04-01-2013)
Old 04-01-2013, 12:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 26
Thanks: 106
Thanked 27x in 9 posts
Speaking only for myself, I've found your posts very interesting and helpful as I'm still thinking of getting the game/alpha/beta early, and wouldn't mind seeing more if you put them up.
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Major Leagues
 
yzerwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 482
Thanks: 387
Thanked 121x in 77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jduteau View Post
These results are very cool and I'm looking forward to this game!

I just wanted to drop a note that your playoff format is wrong for the era. In those years, the NHL played 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4 (as opposed to 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3).
I think right now that is how the game has it setup. Of course I could be mistaken. Not sure if you can change that yet.
__________________
yzerwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer
 
tcblcommish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,621
Thanks: 207
Thanked 314x in 175 posts
Historical Starting in 47-48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
Speaking only for myself, I've found your posts very interesting and helpful as I'm still thinking of getting the game/alpha/beta early, and wouldn't mind seeing more if you put them up.
I'll keep it coming but been pretty busy with the Easter holiday. Will be getting more up there soon
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Anton (04-02-2013)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2013 Out of the Park Developments