Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 15 Released! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - OOTP 14: Update #7 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.5 Available! - Out Of The Park Baseball 14 Released! - iOOTP Baseball 2013 for iOS Available NOW! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Released - Buy Now!

Beyond the Sideline Football Announced!
  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Wuxi, Jiangsu Province, China
Posts: 1,066
Thanks: 8
Thanked 143x in 54 posts
Two suggestions

I'm guessing suggestions and the such go here. If I'm wrong, tell me where to put them.

On the injury listing I'd like to see a time remaining in Injury column so I don't individually have to look at every player. It's beyond annoying.

I'm sure this will be an option later on but until it is, can you make the dressed players go from 18 to 20. Two goalies and 18 skaters, just like real life.

Thanks.
__________________
Why do you live in Oman?
Somebody has to.
http://adventuresinjurong.wordpress.com/
mking55 is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 66
Thanks: 6
Thanked 38x in 18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mking55 View Post
I'm sure this will be an option later on but until it is, can you make the dressed players go from 18 to 20. Two goalies and 18 skaters, just like real life.

Thanks.
Isn't it already like that?
Mafarfloune is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Wuxi, Jiangsu Province, China
Posts: 1,066
Thanks: 8
Thanked 143x in 54 posts
No sir. It's 18 skaters and that includes goalies.
__________________
Why do you live in Oman?
Somebody has to.
http://adventuresinjurong.wordpress.com/
mking55 is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
All Star Starter
 
geckon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 1,159
Thanks: 707
Thanked 242x in 172 posts
What league?
__________________
FHM researcher (Czech Republic and KHL) and tester
geckon is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Minors (Single A)
 
CalgaryCannons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 83
Thanks: 11
Thanked 51x in 17 posts
I know the roster size varies for the historical seasons based on the actual rules for the time period. For 1947 it is 17 players, for 1960 it is 18 and for the current season it's 20. Not sure exactly what years the changes happen.
CalgaryCannons is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)
 
CeeBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chase BC Canada
Posts: 105
Thanks: 152
Thanked 29x in 16 posts
Another thing many people probably don't know besides dressing less skaters teams used to only dress one goaltender till dressing 2 became mandatory in 65-66.
__________________
Older is sometimes better.
CeeBee is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 16
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2x in 2 posts
There is a listing of injuries and the time left on the team home page
Loosie is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Major Leagues
 
yzerwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 430
Thanks: 309
Thanked 98x in 62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mking55 View Post
No sir. It's 18 skaters and that includes goalies.
What league are you playing? In the NHL, in game, it is 20 dressed, 2 goalies, 12 forwards and 6 defenceman.
yzerwing is offline  
Thank you for this post:
geckon (03-25-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Wuxi, Jiangsu Province, China
Posts: 1,066
Thanks: 8
Thanked 143x in 54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryCannons View Post
I know the roster size varies for the historical seasons based on the actual rules for the time period. For 1947 it is 17 players, for 1960 it is 18 and for the current season it's 20. Not sure exactly what years the changes happen.
Shoot me, I'm too stupid to live. I have 18 because I'm playing the early sixties when men played hockey and it was 18 players. Twenty players came later and earlier it was even less than 18. Stupid, stupid me and thank you for setting me straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
There is a listing of injuries and the time left on the team home page
You are correct sir! However I still think it makes sense to put time remaining on the injury page because that's the natural place to look at injuries. But thank you for showing me an alternative.
__________________
Why do you live in Oman?
Somebody has to.
http://adventuresinjurong.wordpress.com/
mking55 is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Major Leagues
 
yzerwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 430
Thanks: 309
Thanked 98x in 62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mking55 View Post
Shoot me, I'm too stupid to live. I have 18 because I'm playing the early sixties when men played hockey and it was 18 players. Twenty players came later and earlier it was even less than 18. Stupid, stupid me and thank you for setting me straight.
It doesn't sound to me like CalgaryCannons was treating you like you were stupid, seems like he nicely answered your question. Is that really a reason to be so rude back to him???
yzerwing is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Wuxi, Jiangsu Province, China
Posts: 1,066
Thanks: 8
Thanked 143x in 54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerwing View Post
It doesn't sound to me like CalgaryCannons was treating you like you were stupid, seems like he nicely answered your question. Is that really a reason to be so rude back to him???
Please be sure you know of what you speak before you comment. I was not being rude to the person who provided the correct answer. I was "kicking myself" for being so stupid.

It's far to easy to surmise what something means when it's posted. It's best to be sure before you come down on someone (like me) who posts that they (me) are stupid.

Sheesh, he says.
__________________
Why do you live in Oman?
Somebody has to.
http://adventuresinjurong.wordpress.com/
mking55 is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Major Leagues
 
yzerwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 430
Thanks: 309
Thanked 98x in 62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mking55 View Post
Please be sure you know of what you speak before you comment. I was not being rude to the person who provided the correct answer. I was "kicking myself" for being so stupid.

It's far to easy to surmise what something means when it's posted. It's best to be sure before you come down on someone (like me) who posts that they (me) are stupid.

Sheesh, he says.
Well if that is the case, I apologize. Sometimes, it is hard on the internet when reading text, to tell how someone means something. Also, why are you so hard on yourself, for asking a question when you didn't know the answer?
yzerwing is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Wuxi, Jiangsu Province, China
Posts: 1,066
Thanks: 8
Thanked 143x in 54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerwing View Post
Well if that is the case, I apologize. Sometimes, it is hard on the internet when reading text, to tell how someone means something. Also, why are you so hard on yourself, for asking a question when you didn't know the answer?
I was hard on myself because I should have thought of rule changes and researched that. It was a DOH moment.

Yes, it is difficult at times to fully understand what a person means when he posts. It's much easier when you can see them smacking themselves in the head (me).

I've learned (and it took a while) not to respond when I'm not sure what something means and if it was meant to be offensive. I've had enough of these "flame wars" on this board to last a lifetime.

So you won't hear "dumb answer" from me or anything along those lines. If I don't agree I usually just say I don't agree and thank the poster for their efforts. No one should be shot down when they are trying to help, even if their answer is from another planet (and his wasn't from another planet but right on).
__________________
Why do you live in Oman?
Somebody has to.
http://adventuresinjurong.wordpress.com/
mking55 is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2013 Out of the Park Developments