Home | Webstore
Latest News: - OOTP 15: Update #6 Released! - OOTP 15 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available! - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Offseason Special: 50% Off!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 15x in 8 posts
Game slowing down each season

Hi, I've noticed that the game is becoming slower and slower each season when running in auto play. Simming a single day at a time is fine, but ask it to sim more than one, example, to a specific date or to next week and it's taking a huge amount of time. A week in the off season just took 20 minutes.

Im currently in my 6th season.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 24x in 17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
Hi, I've noticed that the game is becoming slower and slower each season when running in auto play. Simming a single day at a time is fine, but ask it to sim more than one, example, to a specific date or to next week and it's taking a huge amount of time. A week in the off season just took 20 minutes.

Im currently in my 6th season.
I have also noticed the same thing. Hopefully they are aware of this and if they are not, now they know lol.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,567x in 1,595 posts
It's not the game slowing down but more likely your computer because the league file is getting larger. You can save the league as a backup and/or save an almanac separately then delete unnecessary files to reduce the league folder size.

There are a few threads on this. I'll post a link when I'm back on my main computer

RichW

So much for personality. Albert Belle, a complete nut job was never traded and was the highest paid player in the game, twice!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 15x in 8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
It's not the game slowing down but more likely your computer because the league file is getting larger. You can save the league as a backup and/or save an almanac separately then delete unnecessary files to reduce the league folder size.

There are a few threads on this. I'll post a link when I'm back on my main computer
Way to much hassle. Its a problem with the game. I have no other such problems with sim games which are far more sophisticated than FHM. They need to find a way to keep the file size down.

6 seasons in and my file is 441mb. On football manager 6 seasons in its 40mb and thats with several leagues running and a large database.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,567x in 1,595 posts
Sorry wrong game. I stand by the comments but have no way to know if the beta state is part of the issue.

RichW

So much for personality. Albert Belle, a complete nut job was never traded and was the highest paid player in the game, twice!