Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 2014: Version 1.6.8 Available! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - OOTP 15 Announced! - OOTP 14: Update #7 Released! - Out Of The Park Baseball 14 Released! - iOOTP Baseball 2013 for iOS Available NOW! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Announced - Pre-Order Now!

Beyond the Sideline Football Announced!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 12 > OOTP 12 - New to the game?

OOTP 12 - New to the game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 7x in 6 posts
How do you evaluate players

I'm nearing the halfway point in the 1969 replay of the Seattle Pilots. I'm actually doing pretty well.

What I need to do now is to start evaluating my players in my entire system. I am wondering what others use to do this.

Do you rely heavily on the potential star ratings of players? (I upped my scouting budget before the season started and hired a scout that was particularly good at scouting the minor leagues and prospects).

Also, I traded for a second basement that has a potential five star rating. (He's about 1.5 now). He's playing everyday but is struggling at the plate. Should I send him down to AAA? Or leave him in and let him keep struggling.

My hope is to build the team over three to four seasons.

But, then again, isn't that everyones' hope?
JRockne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,543x in 1,148 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRockne View Post
Do you rely heavily on the potential star ratings of players? (I upped my scouting budget before the season started and hired a scout that was particularly good at scouting the minor leagues and prospects).
Given your scout, I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRockne View Post
Also, I traded for a second basement that has a potential five star rating. (He's about 1.5 now). He's playing everyday but is struggling at the plate. Should I send him down to AAA? Or leave him in and let him keep struggling.
Depends. If he just made the jump from AA and/or he is under 21, definitely send him down. If he is 24 with two AAA seasons under his belt, he has nothing left to learn there and needs to stay. In between those two extremes, it is more of a guess. Be aware that sending him down will probably make him mad if you have morale on. He might take a while to get over it, affecting his performance in the short term.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
JRockne (02-02-2012)