Home | Webstore
Latest News: - OOTP 15: Update #4 Released! - OOTP 15 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available! - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Released - Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2013, 05:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,409x in 1,159 posts
How Do I Setup Pre-African American Baseball?

I will post a screenshot of what changes i made to the USA file. i set it to Historical and I zeroed out all the non white ethnicity. How do I keep from having black Germans and Irish? Right now i have players coming from USA, Germany, Ireland, Scotland and a few others for a league starting in 1871.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

screenshots
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,222x in 750 posts
You got the nations and languages down OK but you need to edit the ethnicities.txt file. You have zeroed out the "non white" language (and name) groups but the groups you do have selected still will produce some "non white" ethnicity.

You can see from the first screen print that the ethnicities.txt file determines ethnicity by language group with five races allocated by the numbers shown. For example, the second screen print shows the U.S. Historical language group and that still has a small amount of African and Hispanic ethnicity. For "Pre-African American," you would need to change that first number in U.S. Historical, 25, to zero. You would have to check the other language groups; some of them, the U.K., Canada, and France in particular, have significant African ethnic components.

Then you would re-import the ethnicity database in Global Setup. I think, however, that this will apply to only newly created players, not existing players.
Attached Images

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 07-14-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Major Leagues

Thanked 122x in 48 posts
Game, I'm sure you know, but you could try one of the historical name data bases. I use Malleus Dei's All American DB and it works well enough for me. His DB though will generate only US born players which I realize isn't entirely accurate for that period. There really needs to be a way to set ethnicity in the league set up without having to edit the txt files.
Gil Thorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Thorp View Post
Game, I'm sure you know, but you could try one of the historical name data bases. I use Malleus Dei's All American DB and it works well enough for me. His DB though will generate only US born players which I realize isn't entirely accurate for that period. There really needs to be a way to set ethnicity in the league set up without having to edit the txt files.
Thanx, forgot about that one.
Deja I should be able to do it without having to edit the files. Means I have to edit the files back for the other 7 league I will have on 14 when I convert them all (i think)
Old 07-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,051x in 1,700 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Thorp View Post
MD also made a version of that DB which included Canadians and Latin Americans. I'll ask him if he remembers where it is.

Thank you all for the THREE THOUSAND thanks!

"All good is hard. All evil is easy. Dying, losing, cheating, and mediocrity are easy. Stay away from easy."
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
The Game (07-14-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 121x in 80 posts
Just remember if you have historic facegens installed and your game randomly generates a player named (for example) 'Lee Smith', he will appear with the smiling black face of that famous relief pitcher.

At least that is what happens to me in pre WWII leagues.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,051x in 1,700 posts
I talked to MD, he said it is on one of his old computers somewhere.

Thank you all for the THREE THOUSAND thanks!

"All good is hard. All evil is easy. Dying, losing, cheating, and mediocrity are easy. Stay away from easy."
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
The Game (07-15-2013)