Home | Webstore
Latest News: - OOTP 15: Update #5 Released! - OOTP 15 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available! - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Released - Buy Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 36
Thanks: 20
Thanked 5x in 5 posts
Changing Minor League Affiliations

I've just finished my first season and want to make a few changes to my minor league affiliates, but I have a couple of questions.

1. If you change minor league affiliates at the same level, do coaching personnel and players transfer over automatically. I'd like to keep my same personnel and salaries, but I'm not sure if re-affiliating will clear those.

2. Is there a way to relocate a minor league team between different leagues (at the same level), or do I need to expand or relocate a team from another league, then re-affiliate?

3. I have one team at a Double A level that I'd like to make my Triple A. What's the best way to go about doing that and how will personnel be affected?

Thanks.
BennyTheMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
All Star Reserve
 
mpejkrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Monroe, CT
Posts: 534
Thanks: 270
Thanked 144x in 120 posts
This is a feature I'd LOVE to see added. Every two years IRL player development contracts get switched around and MiLB affiliates change, but not in OOTP, sadly. If you switch affiliation, every player on the team also switches organizations :/

Not sure about 2 and 3 to be honest.
__________________
Connecticut Huskies
Minnesota Twins
Pittsburgh Pirates
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
All Star Reserve
 
Cinnamon J. Scudworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 803
Thanks: 103
Thanked 318x in 192 posts
Because of the issue that mpejkrm notes, rather than actually move teams around between organizations or levels, one way to do something like this is to just edit the teams themselves.

For example, if you wanted to simulate the Blue Jays' and Mets' recent switch of their Triple A teams, you'd rename the Las Vegas 51s to the Buffalo Bisons and edit their location, ballpark, uniforms etc. details (using commissioner mode as necessary). Similarly, you'd just edit the Buffalo Bisons into being the 51s. That way you don't have to worry about players and personnel not "carrying over."

However, I think this does screw up their franchise records.
__________________
"Sometimes, this is like going to a grocery store. You’ve got a list until you get to the check-out stand. And then you start reading People magazine, and all this other [stuff] ends up in the basket."

-Sandy Alderson on the MLB offseason

Last edited by Cinnamon J. Scudworth; 07-18-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 7,932
Thanks: 4,905
Thanked 1,465x in 1,201 posts
the way I have done it in the past is name your team a for the time being take the team that become your team and rename it and possibly move it. Then go back to your team and change the name on that team. This way all the coaches and players stays the same.
So so you want to take the Peoria Chiefs and turn them from a Cubs AA to a Cardinals AA and the other team you want to change is Kane County (forgot who Cards AA team was). Change Peoria to P. Change Kane County to Peoria Chiefs and then P into Kane County Cougars. I dont do this that often and have not done it since 2011.
__________________
"...it ain't about how hard you're hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done" - Rocky Balboa
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Minors (Single A)
 
martyjay75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 70
Thanks: 14
Thanked 3x in 3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyTheMarlin View Post
I've just finished my first season and want to make a few changes to my minor league affiliates, but I have a couple of questions.

1. If you change minor league affiliates at the same level, do coaching personnel and players transfer over automatically. I'd like to keep my same personnel and salaries, but I'm not sure if re-affiliating will clear those.

2. Is there a way to relocate a minor league team between different leagues (at the same level), or do I need to expand or relocate a team from another league, then re-affiliate?

3. I have one team at a Double A level that I'd like to make my Triple A. What's the best way to go about doing that and how will personnel be affected?

Thanks.
I made the mistake of putzing around with minor league affiliates for other teams in my league and I regret it. It screwed up schedules auto-generating for the next year. So, I would say, unless you have a really good reason for shifting your minor leagues around, don't. Save yourself some headaches.
martyjay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer
 
Le Grande Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Hanging out with Curiosity on Mars
Posts: 12,556
Thanks: 35
Thanked 2,976x in 1,648 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon J. Scudworth View Post
For example, if you wanted to simulate the Blue Jays' and Mets' recent switch of their Triple A teams, you'd rename the Las Vegas 51s to the Buffalo Bisons and edit their location, ballpark, uniforms etc. details (using commissioner mode as necessary). Similarly, you'd just edit the Buffalo Bisons into being the 51s. That way you don't have to worry about players and personnel not "carrying over."

However, I think this does screw up their franchise records.
There's another issue with your example: Las Vegas and Buffalo are in different leagues. So not only has the major league club switched minor league affiliates, it also switched affiliated leagues.
__________________
.
"I have no idea how this works."

"Things have taken a turn for the surreal."

"Bid them achieve me and then sell my bones."
.
Le Grande Orange is online now   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Cinnamon J. Scudworth (07-19-2013)
Old 07-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 36
Thanks: 20
Thanked 5x in 5 posts
How about this for changing teams at the same level, between different leagues?

Expand the target league by a couple of teams, and name one of them as my new affiliate (thus giving me an extra team at that level), transfer all players and personnel to the new target team, then re-affiliate the old team with someone else. Would this work ok? My main concern is personnel refusing a shift, but since it's at the same level, I'd assume they'd be ok with it.
BennyTheMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
All Star Reserve
 
Cinnamon J. Scudworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 803
Thanks: 103
Thanked 318x in 192 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
There's another issue with your example: Las Vegas and Buffalo are in different leagues. So not only has the major league club switched minor league affiliates, it also switched affiliated leagues.
Yep, forgot about that.
__________________
"Sometimes, this is like going to a grocery store. You’ve got a list until you get to the check-out stand. And then you start reading People magazine, and all this other [stuff] ends up in the basket."

-Sandy Alderson on the MLB offseason
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2013 Out of the Park Developments