Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 2 Announced! - OOTP 16: Update #9 Released! - MLB Manager 2015 Available Now! - OOTP 16 Available Now! - OOTP 15: Update #6 Released - OOTP 15 Released - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

Out of the Park Baseball 16 - Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2015, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 155x in 150 posts
The Ultimate Challenge

Well I have done a couple dynasty's in the past with OOTP 14/15 but since I joined online leagues I kind of got bored with solo leagues. Now I have decided to challenge myself and air it publicly . So here is what I have done. I will be starting off as the GM of the Colorado Rockies (my favorite team) but I can be fired. To make things more difficult I set trading to hard as in the past it was all too easy to build a dynasty. I will be approaching this with as much use of detailed metrics as I can as well as sharing my analysis and thinking behind different moves.

Modest expectations to start my tenure.

bombboy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Minors (Triple A)

As the Colorado Rockies head into the 2015 season with a new GM at the helm a number of questions face them especially in their pitching staff which is already changing. SP Kyle Kendrick after a poor spring has been DFA'ed and SP Chad Bettis broke camp with the team. The one thing the Rockies have going for them is a strong farm system with several players who may not be far away from the big leagues.

Prospects ranked in the top 200:
1 - SP Jonathan Gray (11)
2 - CF David Dahl (38)
3 - SP Eddie Butler (43)
4 - SP Kyle Freeland (69)
5 - 3B Ryan McMahon (91)
6 - C Tom Murphy (110)
7 - RF Raimel Tapia (122)
8 - 2B Forrest Wall (125)
9 - SP Antonio Senzatela (138)

As the Rockies head into season their projected lineups are:

vs. RHP
1B Justin Morneau
SS Troy Tulowitzki
LF Corey Dickerson
RF Carlos Gonzalez
3B Nolan Arenado
CF Drew Stubbs
C Nick Hundley
Pitcher
2B D.J LeMahieu

vs. LHP
CF Drew Stubbs
3B Nolan Arenado
RF Carlos Gonzalez
SS Troy Tulowitzki
LF Corey Dickerson
1B Wilin Rosario
C Nick Hundley
Pitcher
2B DJ LeMahieu

Rotation:
RHP Jordan Lyles
LHP Jorge De La Rosa
RHP Chad Bettis
LHP Christian Friedrich
RHP Tyler Chatwood

Bullpen:
MR David Hale
MR Rex Brothers
MR John Axford
MR LaTroy Hawkins

SU Rafael Betancourt
SU Adam Ottavino

CL Boone Logan

Last edited by bombboy85; 08-03-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Minors (Triple A)

June 1st, 2015

22 - 28 , 12 Games Back

As we skip ahead to the beginning of June the Rockies as expected in the preseason are not having a winning season as they sit 8 games below .500. While they have shown signs of life, the 5.07 team ERA (15th in NL) has doomed them along with an unusual (for the Rockies) anemic offense as they rank 8th in the NL in batting average. New GM Matt Hill has been cautious to do much at the beginning of the season as he lets things play out a bit to start building a statistical database to begin making moves base upon. There was one trade however before the season ever began as previously mentioned SP Kyle Kendrick refused to be demoted after clearing waivers. With this unsurprising development the Rockies shopped him around to other teams and ultimately ended up trading Kendrick to the Washington Nationals for 2B Yunel Escobar. Escobar has been platooning for the Rockies against RHP's and has done decently hitting .262/.320/.383 with a wRC+ of 97 while providing good infield defense as a starter and a backup.

Injury News
SP Jordan Lyles was sidelined on May 4th with a Hamstring Strain and will miss 2-3 months
RF Kyle Parker was suffered a high ankle sprain on May 6th and should return about 6 days from the writing of this story.

Top Performers in May
ML Batter - SS Troy Tulowitzki (.375/.435/.635, 7 HR, 19 RBI, 1.069 OPS, wRC+ 190)
ML Pitcher - RP Rex Brothers (2.02 ERA, 13.1 IP, 0.60 WHIP, .093 Avg against)

AAA Batter - 2B Rafael Ynoa (.367/.425/.500, 2 HR, 18 RBI, .925 OPS, wRC+ 164)
AAA Pitcher - Closer Scott Oberg (1.98 ERA, 13.2 IP, 0.88 WHIP, .159 Avg Against)

AA Batter - LF Michael Tauchman (.284/.376/.461, 3 HR, 13 RBI, .837 OPS, wRC+ 148)
AA Pitcher - SP Yohan Flande (4-0, 1.64 ERA, 33 IP, 1.03 WHIP)
Old 08-03-2015, 09:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Minors (Triple A)

2015 Amateur Draft

With the Amateur Draft concluding today a look over the Rockies top 5 draft selections as they selected 2nd overall.

SP Brady Aiken - Aiken famously became on of only two #1 overall picks to not sign with the team he was drafted by last season and the Astro's loss was the Rockies gain this season. Aiken is a 6'3" , 190 pound kid out of high school at 18 years old. He projects to have an above average fastball sitting in the mid to upper 90's with a decent bit of movement. Along with his fastball he has a plus Curveball and a plus plus changeup but his biggest asset may be his command which is well advanced for his age. In pitching starved Colorado, Aiken could someday become the Ace they have always needed.

RP Garrett Cleavinger - A 21 year old pitcher out of College, this young hurler shows above average ability to miss bats and limit walks. He has a plus fastball and one of the drafts best curveballs. The Rockies will likely work with him on his stamina to test and see if he has the aptitude to start but if not he could easily turn into one of the games premier closers.

SS Cadyn Grenier - Another prep player here similar to Forrest Wall whom the Rockies took in the competitive balance round last season. He sits just 5'10" but a stocky and muscular 200 pounds. While currently he projects as a reliable backup middle infielder with the ability to play both 2B and SS, some scouts say with his work ethic there is a possibility of more. Overall a good low floor, high cieling pick.

SS Kevin Newman - 21 year old Newman comes out of College as a thin, athletic infielder sitting at 6'0" and 175 pounds. He doesn't have a lot of power but what he lacks there he makes up for in hand eye coordination as he is very good at putting the bat on the ball and showing great plate discipline. A potential leadoff hitter type with plus defense.

RP Gabriel Gonzalez - Another rielief pitcher whom the Rockies hope could turn into a decent starter in a rotation. He has the stamina currently but his 3rd pitch in his arsenal is lacking. Beyond that Gonzalez is a solid pitcher all around who will produce groundballs at Coors Field for the Rockies.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Minors (Triple A)

July 13th, 2015 - All Star Break

40 - 49 , 23.5 Games Back

It wasn't a bad month and a half per say for the Rockies as since the start of June they were just 3 games under .500 which isn't bad for this team. Now though with the All Star game here and the more important trade deadline looming the Rockies have reportedly gone into full sell mode being quoted as "Multiple veterans are being shopped while our ears are always open on anyone as long as it makes our team better in the long run."

Currently the Rockies have 3 players on the DL:

SP Jordan Lyles - one week away from returning from a long injury
SS Troy Tulowitzki - Fractured foot and likely out 2-3 more weeks
RP Rex Brothers - Elbow soreness with a few more days till his return