Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 15 Released! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - OOTP 14: Update #7 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.5 Available! - Out Of The Park Baseball 14 Released! - iOOTP Baseball 2013 for iOS Available NOW! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Released - Buy Now!

Beyond the Sideline Football Announced!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2013, 05:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanked 575x in 332 posts
Ping: Roster Modders...What's the best way to do this?

What I would like to do is use every team that's ever existed in the majors. Have 2 sub-leagues of 10 teams per sub (20 teams total per league). I want to use all the players of today plus players from the 1950's, 1960's, 1970's and 1980's. Yes, when I say all players of today I'm also meaning all minor league players too. I've searched around this forum in hopes to find a DB that only has players of yesterday. But all I can find is DB's that also contain players of today . Oh, yes once I get this game all set up I'll be sure to schedule an inaugural draft.

Now to my question: what's the best way to locate all the players from the 1950's through the 1980's in the master or historical DB's?

Just thought of one more question: should I go with the reserve rosters for all teams or should I have at least 1 minor league affiliate?

Thanks in advance for any help.

"You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough in the second half you give what's left." ~ Yogi Berra

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 160x in 99 posts
In answer to your first question, I would open the Master.csv file in Excel then highlight all players and sort them by the column that displays the years they played. That will put them all in numerical order and you can delete anyone who didn't play in the decades you want to keep.

In answer to your second question -- considering how big you are going to make your universe, the inaugural draft will probably be about 200 rounds long unless you use the reserve rosters.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Bowtie (06-26-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,342x in 1,112 posts
There is no DB that has minor leaguers only the QS from any version will have minor leaguers.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Bowtie (06-26-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
All Star Reserve

Thanked 23x in 21 posts
hey bowtie, sorry off topic,

Are you located in the Springfield, MO area?
I am, and was just curious how many of "us" there were in the area

if interested you can pm me
royalblue5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSL Commish View Post
In answer to your first question, I would open the Master.csv file in Excel then highlight all players and sort them by the column that displays the years they played. That will put them all in numerical order and you can delete anyone who didn't play in the decades you want to keep.

In answer to your second question -- considering how big you are going to make your universe, the inaugural draft will probably be about 200 rounds long unless you use the reserve rosters.
Please forgive me as I'm a newbie when it comes to Excel. I don't mean to ask silly questions but how do you sort the players by the years they played?

Any help by anyone that knows Excel is very much appreciated in advance.
Thanks!

"You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough in the second half you give what's left." ~ Yogi Berra

Old 07-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Major Leagues

Thanked 87x in 67 posts
Click on the column you want to sort. Click on Data/Sort. Verify the column is correct, then select ascending or descending. You can use a secondary key to organize better. Team column may be an option.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Bowtie (07-01-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanks micropterus58. I think I have just one more question....for now anyway. I have all the players I want to import but how do I export the modified master.csv file? And how do I import it into the game? I tried saving my work as a .csv file and importing it but the import failed.

If you need a screenie of my saved master.csv file just let me know.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
All Star Starter

To clarify, I downloaded Gambo/Spritz's DB for OOTP 14 from OOTPMods.com. I then extracted the master.csv file from the dl into a custom file folder. Then I opened the master.csv file using Microsoft WordPerfect Office 12 > Quattro Pro and sorted the players by the years they played. Then I trimmed off the players I didn't want to use and re-sorted the players by their Lahman player ID's and then saved the file as a master.csv. Then I tried to import my file but the import fails. So what am I doing wrong?

Old 07-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 590x in 389 posts
You master.csv sounds as if it hould be good but You cannot import just that, it will fail. it needs to be in a directory with all the rest of the csv files.
Bowtie (07-01-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Using your suggestion, I replaced the original master.csv file in the stats folder with my master.csv file and the import still fails. Do I need to edit the other csv files in the stats folder?

Thanks for the help Spritz.

Last edited by Bowtie; 07-01-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 590x in 389 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
Do I need to edit the other csv files in the stats folder?
No.