OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/index.php)
-   OOTP 16 - General Discussions (http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3891)
-   -   Is there a Weird Release Player Bug in 16? (http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=263118)

The Game 03-14-2016 04:20 PM

Is there a Weird Release Player Bug in 16?

4 Attachment(s)
I know the AI is dumb. i know with roster limits set it will sign and release draft picks after signing them. I dont recall a near playoff bound team releasing an All Star RP with just days left in the season. Reserve Clause rules.

ttaka808 03-14-2016 04:24 PM

Hopefully this will be fixed in 17

DustinthePOWERHOUSE 03-14-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Game (Post 3997283)
I know the AI is dumb. i know with roster limits set it will sign and release draft picks after signing them. I dont recall a near playoff bound team releasing an All Star RP with just days left in the season. Reserve Clause rules.

What're the symbols you're using for the player award icons

BIG17EASY 03-15-2016 08:12 AM

I have never seen anything like that. I would take a look at the Rangers' roster and see if the AI made a poor decision when activating someone else from the DL or choosing to call up a prospect. My best guess is that their bullpen is loaded and the AI chose this guy to release when it needed/wanted to add someone else to the roster.

Bumstead 03-15-2016 11:16 AM

He's 37, in the final year of his contract. If they aren't in a playoff run and he refuses a demotion when they want to bring a younger player up, then why not cut him?

Looks like he just returned from an injury too. Maybe he refused a rehab assignment so they gave him the boot.

The Game 03-16-2016 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustinthePOWERHOUSE (Post 3997316)
What're the symbols you're using for the player award icons

Forgot who made them at this point but they are on the board.

The Game 03-16-2016 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumstead (Post 3997673)
He's 37, in the final year of his contract. If they aren't in a playoff run and he refuses a demotion when they want to bring a younger player up, then why not cut him?

Looks like he just returned from an injury too. Maybe he refused a rehab assignment so they gave him the boot.

Reserve clause. He pitched in 2 games since his return. It's 1954 so RP dont pitch often.

Izz 03-16-2016 04:06 AM

Any news items related to it? Do you have storylines on?

The Game 03-16-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izz (Post 3998106)
Any news items related to it? Do you have storylines on?

Storylines are on. He is on Houston as of 1/4/55

The Game 07-05-2016 01:22 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Haven't played much on 17, been mostly simming. Still seeing this in 17. No reason why Gee should have been on waivers then released.
100% scouting.

Déjà Bru 07-05-2016 08:37 PM

TG, I don't want to argue with you but Bumstead made some good points.

The first guy, Favier: In addition to what Bumstead said, (I'll repeat the age, 37), his stuff is down because he basically has only one pitch left. He also cannot hold a runner for anything. So, the game (that is, the game, not you) sees him as an old, washed up relief pitcher of which there are usually dozens and dozens in a league. It does not care whether he was an AS earlier in the year (which, by the way, isn't that based partly on the previous season's performance as well?). It made a judgment based on what it saw at the time, versus the rest of your staff and whatever else was available.

The second guy, Gee: In real life, he's only 30 and is a decent pitcher (well, maybe stretching it a bit, that last point). In your game, however, he's 40! His defense is down, he cannot hold runners either, and one thing is for sure: at 40, he's got less upside potential than Huckaby and Kyrle! The rest of the guys in the bullpen have much better ERA's than Gee did.

The third guy, Page: I don't know. You're saying this guy was released by Cloud City (then signed by the Chicago Cubs to a minor league contract and promoted)? You may have a case there. Except . . . hmmm. Look at his ERA: over 5.00 for the past three and a half seasons. You know, ratings, even 100% accuracy, are not everything. The game could be looking at this pitcher's performance and seeing that he is not living up to his potential; again, if he is compared to other guys on the staff or down in the minors. Maybe your league is different, but a guy with a consistent 5.00+ ERA would be a candidate for dismissal in mine.

So frankly, TG, I think I agree with the game, not The Game, in all three cases. Don't throw anything at me. I'm strictly virtual to you and impervious! ;)

The Game 07-06-2016 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Déjà Bru (Post 4060796)
TG, I don't want to argue with you but Bumstead made some good points.

The first guy, Favier: In addition to what Bumstead said, (I'll repeat the age, 37), his stuff is down because he basically has only one pitch left. He also cannot hold a runner for anything. So, the game (that is, the game, not you) sees him as an old, washed up relief pitcher of which there are usually dozens and dozens in a league. It does not care whether he was an AS earlier in the year (which, by the way, isn't that based partly on the previous season's performance as well?). It made a judgment based on what it saw at the time, versus the rest of your staff and whatever else was available.

The second guy, Gee: In real life, he's only 30 and is a decent pitcher (well, maybe stretching it a bit, that last point). In your game, however, he's 40! His defense is down, he cannot hold runners either, and one thing is for sure: at 40, he's got less upside potential than Huckaby and Kyrle! The rest of the guys in the bullpen have much better ERA's than Gee did.

The third guy, Page: I don't know. You're saying this guy was released by Cloud City (then signed by the Chicago Cubs to a minor league contract and promoted)? You may have a case there. Except . . . hmmm. Look at his ERA: over 5.00 for the past three and a half seasons. You know, ratings, even 100% accuracy, are not everything. The game could be looking at this pitcher's performance and seeing that he is not living up to his potential; again, if he is compared to other guys on the staff or down in the minors. Maybe your league is different, but a guy with a consistent 5.00+ ERA would be a candidate for dismissal in mine.

So frankly, TG, I think I agree with the game, not The Game, in all three cases. Don't throw anything at me. I'm strictly virtual to you and impervious! ;)

Gee is the 2nd best pitcher on Skywalker and the best is out and they are just 4½ games behind my team. Less hits then IP, decent K/BB. Seeing this too often.

Rain King 07-06-2016 09:37 AM

What are your evaluation settings?

The Game 07-06-2016 01:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain King (Post 4060906)
What are your evaluation settings?

here

The Game 07-09-2016 01:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i just dont get it. Yes he has no velocity anymore but how do you release a CL with 12 Saves and a 0.57 ERA even with 8 BB and 5 K? To Andersons credit they do have a good pen.

Rain King 07-09-2016 11:26 PM

I think you are going to get more realistic AI behaviors with major league players the smaller you have the ratings weight. Even at 0% the AI is seeing the ratings in situations they need to. I usually have that percentage somewhere around 15% and seem to get pretty good results.

NolaSola7 10-10-2016 07:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Great discussion!!!!

I too had a RP released in his prime ... wanna know more

THEY RELEASED HIM IN THE YEAR HE WON THE EQUIVALENT OF THE CY YOUNG!!!!

AND THEN WHEN HE FINISHED THIRD!!