Big Six
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 519x in 334 posts
Carrigan writes from Boston

Putnam Hotel
Boston Massachusetts

June 28, 1907

Dear Pat,

I promised you I would write to you from Boston, so here I am. Sorry this is so late in coming, but life in the big leagues is certainly busy. Good, but busy.

Everything here is first-class, from the trains to the uniforms to the hotels on the road. You have a lot to look forward to, my friend! Jimmy (Mr. Collins to you bushers) has been pleased with the way I've been playing. Although I feel badly for Tom Doran, whose injury cleared a spot for me, I will admit to you that I hope I'll be staying here after Tom returns later this week.

Between us, I believe I've done well enough to merit a longer look. Yes, it is only six ballgames, but I am hitting .318, after all, and I haven't made an error yet. These big league base stealers are tough, though. They've been taking more liberties with me than the fellows back in the New England League. I threw out Jake Stahl in Washington, and old Nap Lajoie in Cleveland, but that's it.

And that's it for this letter. Keep your head up, and hopefully we'll see each other in the Red Sox dugout soon.

Your pal,
Bill
Big Six is offline   Reply With Quote