Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2019, 06:35 PM   #1
Mbuffalo98
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Talking 2020 MLB Schedule request

Hello,

So after numerous failed attempts to get this schedule generator thing going because my Mac hates Java, I am wondering if anyone can generate a 162-game schedule just like it is in real-life, but for the AL matchups for 2020

NL East vs AL West
NL Central vs AL East
NL West vs AL Central

And *please, please, please, please, please* try and keep the natural interleague rivalries in tact...*please*

In addition, it will be a 186-game schedule that starts March 26 (b/c MLB opening day is March 26 in 2020) and ends September 27, with the All-Star Game July 14 (again, like in real life for 2020). I'd rather make it myself to use for my fantasy league rather than wait for August/September when the base schedule I used it for (real life) releases.

If anyone could do this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! I'm sorry my Mac hates Java
Mbuffalo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:59 PM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer
 
bwburke94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Belchertown, MA, USA
Posts: 3,870
Thanks: 259
Thanked 1,446x in 918 posts
Should be doable as a leagueflip of 2019, with the Tokyo/London nonsense replaced by "normal" series. The fact it's a leagueflip would be blatantly obvious, but it's the only viable option.

(Does anyone know the West vs. West series for 2020?)
__________________
Normal sig coming back when I have the time to update it.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:11 PM   #3
Mbuffalo98
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Should be doable as a leagueflip of 2019, with the Tokyo/London nonsense replaced by "normal" series. The fact it's a leagueflip would be blatantly obvious, but it's the only viable option.

(Does anyone know the West vs. West series for 2020?)
How would I do the league flip? Sounds all code-y and advanced?
Mbuffalo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:00 PM   #4
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer
 
bwburke94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Belchertown, MA, USA
Posts: 3,870
Thanks: 259
Thanked 1,446x in 918 posts
I already have a regex set up, but I don't know who flips into which series so I'll have to look it up.
__________________
Normal sig coming back when I have the time to update it.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:49 AM   #5
Mbuffalo98
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
OK. Let me know! Thanks!
Mbuffalo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:44 AM   #6
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer
 
joefromchicago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,656
Thanks: 1,441
Thanked 1,930x in 986 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbuffalo98 View Post
Hello,

So after numerous failed attempts to get this schedule generator thing going because my Mac hates Java, I am wondering if anyone can generate a 162-game schedule just like it is in real-life, but for the AL matchups for 2020

NL East vs AL West
NL Central vs AL East
NL West vs AL Central

And *please, please, please, please, please* try and keep the natural interleague rivalries in tact...*please*

In addition, it will be a 186-game schedule that starts March 26 (b/c MLB opening day is March 26 in 2020) and ends September 27, with the All-Star Game July 14 (again, like in real life for 2020). I'd rather make it myself to use for my fantasy league rather than wait for August/September when the base schedule I used it for (real life) releases.
If you're comfortable using a 162-game schedule as the base for your 186-game variation, there are literally dozens of MLB-style schedules listed in the master list. Take a look at the ones gmo made a couple of months ago - surely one of those fifteen variations satisfies your requirements.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:53 PM   #7
Mbuffalo98
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
How would I switch them around to get ATL v BOS instead ATL v TOR for instance like in 2020?
Mbuffalo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:18 PM   #8
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer
 
bwburke94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Belchertown, MA, USA
Posts: 3,870
Thanks: 259
Thanked 1,446x in 918 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
If you're comfortable using a 162-game schedule as the base for your 186-game variation
To clarify, the request was a 162-game schedule in 186 days.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbuffalo98 View Post
How would I switch them around to get ATL v BOS instead ATL v TOR for instance like in 2020?
Just a simple find-and-replace function. Make sure no two teams have the same ID simultaneously.
__________________
Normal sig coming back when I have the time to update it.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:08 PM   #9
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer
 
joefromchicago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,656
Thanks: 1,441
Thanked 1,930x in 986 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
To clarify, the request was a 162-game schedule in 186 days.
Even easier then. There are plenty of 162-game schedules with all sorts of interleague match-ups. I'm sure one of them would fit the bill.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:44 AM   #10
Mbuffalo98
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
How do I know which team has what ID?
Mbuffalo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments