Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 Available!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-24-2017, 06:17 AM   #1
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 183x in 110 posts
National Anthem

Way down on the priority list of new features.

It would be nice to hear the national anthem and simulation of ceremonies such as the first pitch (announcer, then applause) before the first pitch is thrown. Maybe even while I am in the starting lineup screen.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
The Game (12-04-2017), Twinkie the Kid (12-03-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 01:29 PM   #2
jeffisageek
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I agree.. that would be a nice little touch to the game.. an option you could select for a league.
jeffisageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:11 AM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,722x in 2,186 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmknpk2 View Post
Way down on the priority list of new features.

It would be nice to hear the national anthem and simulation of ceremonies such as the first pitch (announcer, then applause) before the first pitch is thrown. Maybe even while I am in the starting lineup screen.
No Kneelers!
Old 12-04-2017, 01:58 AM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4,831x in 2,965 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
No Kneelers!
As long as you stand correctly every time you hear it in-game. No short cuts.

RichW

So much for personality. Albert Belle, a complete nut job was never traded and was the highest paid player in the game, twice!
My wife works here https://www.google.ca/maps/place/52%...!3m1!1s0x0:0x0
#Alternativefacts=lies
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:59 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
As long as you stand correctly every time you hear it in-game. No short cuts.
High Heat had the Anthem and yes I stood. Yes I looked weird doing it but thats who I am and thats what I do.
RchW (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 06:45 PM   #6
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Reserve

Thanked 119x in 76 posts
I like the anthem / ceremonies idea as well. Make you feel even more like you are there at your game!
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:22 PM   #7
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Thanked 250x in 206 posts
Even better: the option to add an AAC file to be the song that you open the game with. Imagine playing "Hotline Bling" before games.
Ich hasse es, wenn ich auf der Flucht bin und ich wache mit einer Wasserflasche neben mir auf, wie oh toll, jetzt muss ich für diese Wasserflasche verantwortlich sein
Quote:
Odio cuando estoy en un vuelo y me despierto con una botella de agua a mi lado como oh grande ahora tengo que ser responsable de esta botella de agua
Experience in OT Debates pays off sometimes.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:18 AM   #8
thorpegiovanni
Major Leagues

Thanked 157x in 99 posts
bad enough seeing it irl, not needed in game
'18 Beta Tester
Baseball For All
thorpegiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
joefromchicago (12-07-2017), metsguy234 (12-07-2017), RchW (12-07-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 03:33 PM   #9
Brad K
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 7x in 4 posts
Quote:
No Kneelers!
Its a shame you decided to bring this up, but since you have...

If you want REALISM then:

1) The anthem feature would be disabled for the MANY decades when the anthem was not played prior to games,

2) There would be occasional protests (players and fans) in recent times.

A little research into how the playing of the anthem happened is informative. Beware of tradition, as in the following.

A little girl is watching her mother cook a ham. The mother cuts the ham in half, rotates each piece 90 degrees and puts them in the pan. The girl asks why. The answer is I don't know, my mother did it that way.

So they ask the grandmother, She doesn't know, her mother did it that way.

So they find the great grandmother who says "I don't know why they do it. I did it because when I first got married I didn't have a pan long enough for a ham."
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
Andy (12-11-2017), canadiancreed (Yesterday), metsguy234 (12-11-2017), RchW (12-10-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 01:15 AM   #10
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad K View Post
Its a shame you decided to bring this up, but since you have...

If you want REALISM then:

1) The anthem feature would be disabled for the MANY decades when the anthem was not played prior to games,

2) There would be occasional protests (players and fans) in recent times.

A little research into how the playing of the anthem happened is informative. Beware of tradition, as in the following.

A little girl is watching her mother cook a ham. The mother cuts the ham in half, rotates each piece 90 degrees and puts them in the pan. The girl asks why. The answer is I don't know, my mother did it that way.

So they ask the grandmother, She doesn't know, her mother did it that way.

So they find the great grandmother who says "I don't know why they do it. I did it because when I first got married I didn't have a pan long enough for a ham."
Your analogy makes no sense.
1st time it was played before a baseball game was 1862.
Then not for awhile until the World Series of 1918. Then before every game after that. Disabling it would be an option just as having awards and playoffs and many other things already are. Protests could be a storyline.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:16 AM   #11
Brad K
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 7x in 4 posts
And why did they start playing it? So people would feel better about having fun during wartime.

It has nothing to do with baseball. The teams don't represent the country. Its not the Olympics.

And so now people have forgotten why it started. Just like my story about the ham.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:43 PM   #12
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And why did they start playing it? So people would feel better about having fun during wartime.

It has nothing to do with baseball. The teams don't represent the country. Its not the Olympics.

And so now people have forgotten why it started. Just like my story about the ham.
So people would feel patriotic about being at war. Fun yeah ok. National anthem wasnt played at the Olympics until 1924, Can't find out whose. Baseball started the tradition of playing it before games. You may have forgotten or dont care, not everyone has.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:59 PM   #13
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Tradition is the reason people use for doing something when they don't have a reason to do it anymore.

Anyway, this feature doesn't need to happen. Just play a rendition of it from YouTube or Spotify or iTunes. If we did add an anthem feature in the game, it would have to have every countries anthem, and that would be a drag for the developers, IMO. Meanwhile, Seven Nation Army, Boyz In Tha Hood, and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun are the anthems I have in rotation in replacement of the Star Spangled Banner.
Ich hasse es, wenn ich auf der Flucht bin und ich wache mit einer Wasserflasche neben mir auf, wie oh toll, jetzt muss ich für diese Wasserflasche verantwortlich sein
Quote:
Odio cuando estoy en un vuelo y me despierto con una botella de agua a mi lado como oh grande ahora tengo que ser responsable de esta botella de agua
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM   #14
Brad K
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 7x in 4 posts
Quote:
So people would feel patriotic about being at war. Fun yeah ok. National anthem wasnt played at the Olympics until 1924, Can't find out whose. Baseball started the tradition of playing it before games. You may have forgotten or dont care, not everyone has.
(Bold added.)

And the last time the majority felt good about a war beginning to end was 1941 to 1945. So your reason for playing it is obsolete.

In the situation since then, your reason becomes not celebration of an agreement of the public but rather an attempt by the minority in power to influence the politics of the majority at an event that is supposed to be fun. Under these circumstances the anthem doesn't belong at sporting events.

Really a shame this discussion went this way due to the "no kneelers" comment which is (refer to the paragraph above) an attempt to get the game developers (those in power) to influence politics in a situation where we are supposed to be having fun.

And for anyone who was offended by the comparison with a piece of ham, well, I'm sorry, but really, pledging allegiance to an inanimate piece of cloth? And when its worn out having what is essentially a funeral for it? (Check flag etiquette for a full explanation.)

Flag/anthem protests are effective at irritating people who assign more meaning to the object/event than is realistic, those who assign it more value than symbolism.
Thank you for this post:
RchW (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM   #15
Brad K
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 7x in 4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
Tradition is the reason people use for doing something when they don't have a reason to do it anymore.

Right on. Thank you.
Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM   #16
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,864x in 1,086 posts
Quote:
(Bold added.)

And for anyone who was offended by the comparison with a piece of ham, well, I'm sorry, but really, pledging allegiance to an inanimate piece of cloth? And when its worn out having what is essentially a funeral for it? (Check flag etiquette for a full explanation.)

I don't think anyone was "offended" by your analogy, just as no one was actually offended about the starbucks holiday cup "controversy". Now you're just manufacturing a controversy. by the way, no one pledges allegiance to an inanimate piece of cloth. It's pledging allegiance to what the flag represents, the country. before your next response devolves into your views about the country, I could care less.

Back on topic, It would be nice to be able to add your own sound files and set parameters for when they'd played. Then you could do whatever you want
Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM   #17
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
Back on topic, It would be nice to be able to add your own sound files and set parameters for when they'd played. Then you could do whatever you want
This would be fun to do when OOTP finally reaches the ultimate baseball sim.
Quote:
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM   #18
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Dola, this is most definitely getting moved to OT Debates at some point.
Quote:
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM   #19
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
Dola, this is most definitely getting moved to OT Debates at some point.
It shouldn't. it was a suggestion thread. i wasnt going to repond anymore to anti flag people. I left OTD, just want to focus on OOTP.
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM   #20
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4,831x in 2,965 posts
Quote:
It shouldn't. it was a suggestion thread. i wasnt going to repond anymore to anti flag people. I left OTD, just want to focus on OOTP.
The no kneeler comment was unnecessary then if you really wanted to be apolitical.

RichW

So much for personality. Albert Belle, a complete nut job was never traded and was the highest paid player in the game, twice!
My wife works here https://www.google.ca/maps/place/52%...!3m1!1s0x0:0x0
#Alternativefacts=lies
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote