Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.6 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 3 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Out of the Park Baseball 18 - Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:04 PM   #21
TonyJ
All Star Starter

Thanked 22x in 16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyan_cheena View Post
So the Celtics turned all that into possibly one year of Paul George?
Maybe. It appears I got sucked in by a fake Woj on twitter. But apparently they actually are in discussions and they are also allegedly in talks with the Knicks about Porzingis.

Which, if Phil trades KP I may personally burn down his house.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:33 PM   #22
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 453x in 374 posts
Looks like the Bulls are rebuilding? Will they buyout Wade?
kenyan_cheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:36 PM   #23
TonyJ
All Star Starter

Thanked 22x in 16 posts
They obviously should. Will they? Who knows.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:37 AM   #24
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 695x in 393 posts
It's always fun to do overreactions to these 12 hours afterwards before we even see them in the summer league. But I think Charlotte got the steal of the draft. Monk will be a big time scorer who already has NBA range and can shoot off the catch and off the dribble.
I think since Fox handled the ball so much at Kentucky that we did not get to see him as a ball handler as much.

Losers of the night have to be the Bulls.
I understanding wanting to rebuild but god what an awful trade and pick.
Congratulations, you landed the Finnish Ryan Anderson without the offensive rebounding.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:34 AM   #25
Cobra Mgr
All Star Starter

Thanked 186x in 133 posts
I like what the Kings did. They get Fox @ 5 when many wouldn't have been shocked to see him @ 2. Then trade 2nd 1st rounder to get a 3rd 1st rounder. Matching a Tar Heel & a dookie. Then get a solid pick in the 2nd round in Mason. You've got Jackson & Mason, 2 hard workers who won't stop to get better & sacrifice to get wins. And Giles is the guy everyone thought in 2016 would have been the first name called in 2017. He was not used correctly, if at all, by koach k. He's better than his numbers say. You add that to Cauley -Stein & Buddy Heild & they remind me of a young 2004 Detroit Pistons team.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:30 AM   #26
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I like what the Kings did. They get Fox @ 5 when many wouldn't have been shocked to see him @ 2. Then trade 2nd 1st rounder to get a 3rd 1st rounder. Matching a Tar Heel & a dookie. Then get a solid pick in the 2nd round in Mason. You've got Jackson & Mason, 2 hard workers who won't stop to get better & sacrifice to get wins. And Giles is the guy everyone thought in 2016 would have been the first name called in 2017. He was not used correctly, if at all, by koach k. He's better than his numbers say. You add that to Cauley -Stein & Buddy Heild & they remind me of a young 2004 Detroit Pistons team.

I hated the Kings trade

Why not keep the pick and draft Monk?
Have a back court that already has a year together. An athletic ball handler who can finish and work on his jump shot and the best shooter in the draft.

After the 10th spot the draft fell off.
I think they botched that trade.

I am however pulling for Harry Giles. From my draft research he seems like a really nice kid and I hate seeing players with talent derailed by devastating injuries.
But if your the Kings you need stability and not a flyer of someone who has not played must basketball in the last three years and has two devastating ACL injuries under him
I don't know much about Jackson but I feel like Monk was a top 6 talent and should have been taken 10th.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:32 AM   #27
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
He was not used correctly, if at all, by koach k. He's better than his numbers say. You add that to Cauley -Stein & Buddy Heild & they remind me of a young 2004 Detroit Pistons team.

It's not that he was used incorrectly, its that he could not be used because his injuries were so serious.
He showed some flashes in the latter half of the season and his workouts with teams were encouraging and I am really pulling for him.
But two devastating knee injuries really make me worry about him going forward.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #28
Cobra Mgr
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
It's not that he was used incorrectly, its that he could not be used because his injuries were so serious.
He showed some flashes in the latter half of the season and his workouts with teams were encouraging and I am really pulling for him.
But two devastating knee injuries really make me worry about him going forward.
Yes the knees are concerning. But as a koach k hater I can tell you once you fall in his doghouse, it takes injuries to the guys ahead of you to get into the rotation. I've never understood why recruits pile into Durham when they know he is only going to play 7 anyway. Once Giles didn't make the rotation early due to recovery he lost the chance to develop & regain confidence in his knees. I could see the flashes of athletic ability. k just used him as a guy to throw around fouls, eat up minutes & set picks. And let me tell you, I do not like giving a dookie credit for anything. I think GIles getting to an organization who is truly invested in his development as opposed to k's selfish "what can you do for me now" system will do him wonders. All bets are off, of course, if his knees continue to be a problem.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM   #29
Cobra Mgr
All Star Starter

Chris Paul to the Rockets in a sign & trade deal for Sam Dekker, Patrick Beverly & Lou WIlliams.

Again, I think back to the Clipper organization barricading DeAndre so that he wouldn't leave for the Mavs.

Listen to Uncle CobraMgr, look out for #1. Cause no one else will.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM   #30
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 925x in 630 posts
Kinda weird, not where I envisioned CP3 going. Seems like he and Harden play kinda similar roles. Seems like it would marginalize one or the other to hanging out in the corner, at least some of the time.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM   #31
Cobra Mgr
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
Kinda weird, not where I envisioned CP3 going. Seems like he and Harden play kinda similar roles. Seems like it would marginalize one or the other to hanging out in the corner, at least some of the time.
Yeah, I don't get it. It seems more of a benefit just keeping him from the Spurs than making Houston a better team.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #32
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

The Clippers got a **** sandwhich back in return.
I wonder if Clippers go full rebuild now. No reason not too. Blake has turned into an oft injured pick and pop player. Reddick is up for free agency and Jordan is a nice trade piece.
Finally, wave bye to Rivers and bring in an actual GM.
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM   #33
TonyJ
All Star Starter

Thanked 22x in 16 posts
Jerry West is already there as a "consultant"
Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM   #34
Antonin
All Star Starter

Thanked 356x in 225 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
I thought the same thing when I heard about this deal.

RIP David Bowie [January 8, 1947 - January 10, 2016]
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote