Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team Open Beta Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:19 AM   #101
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Thanked 174x in 66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
Wow. Kind of a weird time for a football game release. I guess I'm just so used to the big video game companies releasing them at the beginning of the season
Here's a quick quote from Jim from years ago explaining not having set release dates until very late in the process (and some other things):

Quote:
My product is what they refer to in sales as an "evergreen." I don't get a huge percentage of my sales on day one.

Full long post here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=135

Of course, it's unknown whether this will be more of a Jim-style release (set and announce release date only a short time before the actual release) or Markus-style (set and announce release data a few weeks/months ahead of time.)

Last edited by Ben E Lou; 09-07-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
polydamas (09-07-2018)
Old 09-07-2018, 12:39 PM   #102
Cole
Global Moderator

Thanked 1,663x in 610 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Here's a quick quote from Jim from years ago explaining not having set release dates until very late in the process (and some other things):

Full long post here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=135

Of course, it's unknown whether this will be more of a Jim-style release (set and announce release date only a short time before the actual release) or Markus-style (set and announce release data a few weeks/months ahead of time.)
While it does remain to be seen to a certain extent, Markus has already mentioned there will be preorders so at least in that vein (correct me if I'm wrong), the release will be slightly more tilted towards the OOTPD way than the traditional Solecismic way.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #103
Ben E Lou

Thanked 174x in 66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
While it does remain to be seen to a certain extent, Markus has already mentioned there will be preorders so at least in that vein (correct me if I'm wrong), the release will be slightly more tilted towards the OOTPD way than the traditional Solecismic way.
Of course, it could also be both. ("Release date is in 2 weeks. We're taking pre-orders now!")
Old 09-07-2018, 06:27 PM   #104
swoboda
All Star Reserve

Thanked 415x in 214 posts
I will definitely buy version 1 just to support the effort and hope for the best, in fact I will pre-order if that opportunity is there.

At the same time I am not counting on Version 1 to light my fire so.....I will be starting up my 21st (?) season of solo play 'em all out on my old copy of Football Pro 97, and I certainly hope I can abandon FBP97 within three years ?
prisonerno6 (09-09-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #105
Rosco Peabody
All Star Reserve

Thanked 329x in 207 posts
Same here. I have bought two versions of FHM and I don't even like hockey. I played one FHM for two days and the other one not at all, simply because again, I don't like hockey. Why did I buy them? To give OOTPD money for putting out a superior product.

(And it's not like I'm rolling in the dough either. I'm a school teacher with three little kids. It's really one of the only things I spend money on for myself)

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
Arobbins (09-20-2018), Danbo80 (09-14-2018), james17 (09-13-2018), polydamas (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 03:21 PM   #106
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Thanked 129x in 62 posts
Quote:
Same here. I have bought two versions of FHM and I don't even like hockey. I played one FHM for two days and the other one not at all, simply because again, I don't like hockey. Why did I buy them? To give OOTPD money for putting out a superior product.

(And it's not like I'm rolling in the dough either. I'm a school teacher with three little kids. It's really one of the only things I spend money on for myself)
Well said
Aceshigh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:04 AM   #107
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 563x in 344 posts
Tbh I want them to open up preorders now so I can empty my bank account buying copies of this dream crossover.
spotted an 11-run lead, then going into the 9th up by 8 and not a single out recorded (using three relief pitchers all warmed up), nine runs score... game over? nope, thank the demo for saving me $20 on the after the season special or/and another $35-40 on 14. I will NOT be purchasing this piece of crap!
You see, this guy here, he is that guy. Don't be that guy.

Join the VHL today!
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
philthepat (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 04:34 PM   #108
OrbisEuler
Bat Boy

Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Do you guys think we'll get an update next week? The said late Summer/early Fall for another update right? Well Next week is the start of Fall. I'm desperate for info
OrbisEuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:10 PM   #109
Ben E Lou

Thanked 174x in 66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbisEuler View Post
Do you guys think we'll get an update next week? The said late Summer/early Fall for another update right? Well Next week is the start of Fall. I'm desperate for info
Based on Markus's post from a few weeks ago, I wouldn't necessarily think so: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...0&postcount=69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Guys, all is good. Development is progressing, Jim and Chris are working on the game full time. And we have a solid plan how the V1 release will be rolled out. We will share more about the game and have the proper announcement once we are ready to accept pre-orders, but this is still a few months away.

Once the official announcement is made, we'll engage in active discussions and answer all your questions
Maybe we'll get a few more crumbs, but it doesn't sound like a feature list or anything like that is forthcoming soon.
2 thanks for this post:
Arobbins (09-20-2018), OrbisEuler (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 06:41 PM   #110
OrbisEuler
Bat Boy

Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben e lou View Post
based on markus's post from a few weeks ago, i wouldn't necessarily think so: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...0&postcount=69

maybe we'll get a few more crumbs, but it doesn't sound like a feature list or anything like that is forthcoming soon.
ahhhhhh waiting is the hardest part
OrbisEuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:07 PM   #111
Postman
Major Leagues

Thanked 63x in 37 posts
Quote:
I played one FHM for two days and the other one not at all...
I only bought one and played it maybe a couple hours, but I love hockey. I just didn't like FHM's modeling approach. It didn't come close to capturing the game for me.

I'm probably going to try Eastside this season.
Postman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:22 PM   #112
Arobbins
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 11x in 10 posts
Hopefully the beta is sooner than later but glad to hear this is in development!
Arobbins is offline   Reply With Quote