Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:54 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,693x in 1,798 posts
Game Date Out Of Sync... Need Help

Sorry to post here on OOTP20... I'm still playing OOT19 waiting for the last patch to convert my leagues.

Don't get much help on OOTP19 Discussions anymore... or maybe it's because the OOTP20 players are just smarter.

I'm sure I am the problem... not the game.

Methinks, I screwed up a fine dynasty league.

In the global settings (Schedule Settings) the league is suppose to start in March and end in September... during the preseason I changed the schedule in the game scheduler... to April 1st... I deleted all of the March games and redid the rest of the schedule... ending the season in August... the global setting is now grayed out and cannot be accessed... apparently you can only change it in the offseason.

The AI thinks the league is running March to September... can I fix this?

I think I have messed up the league schedule of events, the weekly, monthly and yearly awards... I see a notice that the end of the season is coming four days after I begin the new current season... start date April 1... notice is April 5th for end of season.. I only play a 30-game season... the game scheduler scheduled the games 30 consecutive days... March 1 to April 3rd or 4th... I have to manually recreate the schedule and place each set of games on Sundays... only play once a week.

Is there any way to access and edit the game settings to change the months of the season so the league events will be synchronized with the new schedule?
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 04:55 PM   #2
battists
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,578x in 639 posts
Eugene,

Well, the first question I have for you is . . . when was your most recent backup?

You're correct in that the schedule cannot be changed once the season starts. So, the CLEANEST way to fix the mess is to restore to a backup from prior to the start of the season, and then get some help to make it right.

I'm not sure if there is any way to clean this up without going backwards first. I hate to say it, but your options may be to go backwards (via backup), or tough out a clumsy season and fix it next offseason.

As a future suggestion, especially with dynasties that get the level of TLC that yours does, Eugene, I would ALWAYS suggest saving separate backups of your league at a few points during the season for just this reason.

One from the day before opening day. One from the day after the World Series ends, and so on. I'd especially recommend the save before opening day if you are messing around with league settings at all, as you were with the schedule. Can save you a lot of pain! (It's key to do it the day BEFORE Opening Day, because as you've seen, as soon as Opening Day happens, some options get locked.)

So sorry you're running into this, Eugene!!
Eugene Church (07-26-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 05:29 PM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Eugene,

Well, the first question I have for you is . . . when was your most recent backup?

You're correct in that the schedule cannot be changed once the season starts. So, the CLEANEST way to fix the mess is to restore to a backup from prior to the start of the season, and then get some help to make it right.

I'm not sure if there is any way to clean this up without going backwards first. I hate to say it, but your options may be to go backwards (via backup), or tough out a clumsy season and fix it next offseason.

As a future suggestion, especially with dynasties that get the level of TLC that yours does, Eugene, I would ALWAYS suggest saving separate backups of your league at a few points during the season for just this reason.

One from the day before opening day. One from the day after the World Series ends, and so on. I'd especially recommend the save before opening day if you are messing around with league settings at all, as you were with the schedule. Can save you a lot of pain! (It's key to do it the day BEFORE Opening Day, because as you've seen, as soon as Opening Day happens, some options get locked.)

So sorry you're running into this, Eugene!!
Thanks for the help.

I figured it would be best to go back and restore the league... I did a complete backup at the end of its first season... I was just starting my second season, when I messed it up... I will just lose a lot of roster changes, lineup changes and the manually-created schedule... but, as you say, avoid going through a clumsy season by restoring the game.

I want the archives and league history to be accurate.

I save my small 12-team dynasty league each day.

I just might start backing it up daily.

At the end of each season I will put each league on an external hard drive.

Thanks for the help and advice.

battists, you are still one of my favorite people on the OOTP Forums... you were absolutely wonderful to work with when you were running the Beta Teams the 3-4 years I was on it... you had it all, my good friend, knowledge of the game, organizational skills, personal relations skills and great patience to deal with all of the people on the Beta Team.

You are a really good guy.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-26-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:50 PM   #4
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The restore worked... it took me back to the end of season number one.

Thanks, battists.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:21 AM   #5
battists
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,578x in 639 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Thanks for the help.

I figured it would be best to go back and restore the league... I did a complete backup at the end of its first season... I was just starting my second season, when I messed it up... I will just lose a lot of roster changes, lineup changes and the manually-created schedule... but, as you say, avoid going through a clumsy season by restoring the game.

I want the archives and league history to be accurate.

I save my small 12-team dynasty league each day.

I just might start backing it up daily.

At the end of each season I will put each league on an external hard drive.

Thanks for the help and advice.

battists, you are still one of my favorite people on the OOTP Forums... you were absolutely wonderful to work with when you were running the Beta Teams the 3-4 years I was on it... you had it all, my good friend, knowledge of the game, organizational skills, personal relations skills and great patience to deal with all of the people on the Beta Team.

You are a really good guy.

Glad it worked out, and thank you so much for the very kind words! Feel the same about you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eugene Church (07-27-2019)