Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.5 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 3 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released

Out of the Park Baseball 18 - Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #341
NakedReporta
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 5x in 4 posts
Like clockwork ...

Bunted into a force at third. Followed by fly out. Rally killed.

Last edited by NakedReporta; 05-24-2017 at 09:16 PM.
NakedReporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:27 PM   #342
NakedReporta
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 5x in 4 posts
What about putting into the game an artificial constraint that doesn't allow players to be injured or ejected when there's three outs? Maybe not ideal, but situations like this (which I swear I have happen 3-5 times per season) are even less ideal.
NakedReporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:14 PM   #343
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,105x in 436 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedReporta View Post
ARGHHHHHH! And then it happens again the very next game I play. Salas hurt on third out, down a run, scheduled to bat 4th in the late innings, and my options are replace him immediately with a pitcher who will have to bat or a batter that will have to pitch. It is the one (and only one) thing that consistently takes me out of the realism of the game.

Been awhile since I've done this but I don't think it has to be a batter that has to pitch or a pitcher that will have to bat.

I think you could go to the 1 slot in the batting order (assuming you don't want to take Trout out) and change the position from "RF" to "-". Then put your pitcher in that slot and change the position to "P". Next put your hitter into the 6 hole and assign that position to "RF". Assuming you have an OF on the bench. If not you could put a SS in the 6 hole and your new pitcher into the 9 hole.

Only downsides are you have to pick your reliever right away and if you have warmups on he may have to come in cold?

Give that a try next time, I think it will work.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM   #344
mitch0301
Bat Boy

Thanked 4x in 2 posts
One thing I've noticed and this has been happening for awhile is that owners tend to allow you to spend more the more you win. I don't think that is true of the major leagues. Oakland didn't start handing out fat contracts after getting close to the World Series. If an owner is stingy, make them stingy. Force us guys looking for a challenge to year in, year out stretch the budget thin and also deal with the pain of having to either sacrifice budget in scouting or miss on a FA that could be the difference in getting you to the end.

Relievers have a terrible tendency to have droves of star caliber arms in free agency 6-8 years in. Makes it easy to sit around in the offseason and easily be thrifty and get big arms.

These are my criticisms of an otherwise great game.

"Fine... Still like him better than Steinbrenner."
mitch0301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM   #345
C-Man73
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Bases loaded, less than 2 outs

I've mentioned this before, but there really needs to be a "take pitch" option with two strikes.

I can't think of all the times I've had a pitcher come up to bat early in the game (i.e., too early to pinch-hit) with bases loaded and 1 out and promptly ground into a double play. I'd much rather he strike out and let me bring my leadoff hitter up with 2 outs.

The only other option is to squeeze bunt, but then you run the risk of the pitcher missing the bunt and your runner on third getting hung out to dry.
C-Man73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM   #346
stattosoftware
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Is there a way to add a round to playoffs?

I'd like to set up a league where 3v4, winner v2, winner v1, which you'd do by having an eight-team bracket with 1vbye, byevbye, 2vbye, 3v4, but I don't know how to do this. All you'd need to do is be able to add up to one more round to the tournament, but the number of rounds seems fixed based on the number of teams in the playoffs.
stattosoftware is offline   Reply With Quote