Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.7 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special - Save 50% on OOTP and 60% on MLB Manager!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:20 PM   #1
jhn31
Bat Boy

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Which XML/text file lets me change player's nationalities?

I don't want to just use the Editor in the game - I want to change the default assignment of some players' nationalities/second nationalities.
jhn31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:26 PM   #2
battists
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,334x in 504 posts
Can you be more specific about what you're trying to accomplish? There may be a way to do it, but we need to know exactly what you're trying to do.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:49 PM   #3
jhn31
Bat Boy

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Can you be more specific about what you're trying to accomplish? There may be a way to do it, but we need to know exactly what you're trying to do.
I want to change player's nationalities, but not just by doing it in the game through the Editor, but I want to go into whatever XML or text file or whatever controls it.

Example: Most Curacaoan players have Dutch as their second nationality (correctly), but Ozzie Albies is only listed as being from Curacao. I want to add Dutch as his second nationality so that any time I ever start a league or whatever, he's already listed there. Also anyone I find in the same situation, I want already set up.

Another example: A bunch of 1800s players who were really American but technically born in Europe are just listed as their European nationality, but I would want to change them to American with their other nationality as secondary. But again, not by going to the editor in every league and clicking around, but doing it in database files so they're permanently changed.
Thank you for this post:
Cryomaniac (07-14-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 07:54 PM   #4
jhn31
Bat Boy

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Is it not possible? I can't find anything like this through searching...
Old 07-15-2018, 10:50 PM   #5
Benchmark
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 25x in 13 posts
You can change the Nationality of any player using the Roster import/export. The cities will also need to be changed. What you can do is find another player with that country and copy and paste the nation and nationID#. You may also want to change the city and cityID#. As for the second nation there is not currently away to do it but inside the game. You can contact Matt and ask if it can be added to the Roster Import/Export as a column. If it was then it would appear in future update.
Benchmark is offline   Reply With Quote