Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team is LIVE!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 02-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #141
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,829x in 1,727 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
I probably will start over but I will try to get my setup down in 18, then start and save my setup as a template. From there run a few test leagues to see what happens, then if need be fool around with settings and repeat; any suggestions for years required in test runs? Obviously more is better but what would a minimum?
Usually start in 1901but have been reading about 1871 and 1882 starts for leagues. What are the things to watch for with a 19th century start date?
There are goofy stats if one starts in the 19th century. Pitchers can win fifty or lose fifty. Relievers seldom, if ever, get used. I would never start a game earlier than 1882. That is the first season for which there are sixteen teams. The expansion from eight to sixteen teams that happens in 1881 can be crippling for the incumbent teams, and you don't want that, trust me.

The way I get around the goofy 19th century stats is to tie LTMs and strategy settings to 1984 for all seasons. There's apparently a tool in OOTP19 that works really well that allows you to tie the LTMs to a specific season and keep them there as your seasons progress. I also uncheck auto-import strategy settings and set them to 1984 with "strict rotation, occasionally highest rested" for the starting rotation mode. Make sure to check and see that your financials are set to whatever year you're in, and progress every year according to historical. This is important after you set strategy settings to a particular season because for some inexplicable reason financials tend to be dragged to the season that you tie strategy settings to. I also find in OOTP16 that I have to manually import the new financial settings each year, for some reason, and I don't know if this is still the case in later versions. When you're just testing, you could probably turn financials off altogether.

You could also start in 1901 for less funky stats, and just allow strategy settings to progress as they do if you don't want to bother with tieing the strategy settings to a particular year. I do it because having Mariano Rivera or any other great historical closer back in a time when closers were barely used would be an absolute waste of talent.

Last edited by actionjackson; 02-10-2018 at 05:48 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
JaBurns (02-10-2018)