Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

OOTP Baseball Survey - Help us and win a copy of OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-20-2019, 08:35 PM   #1641
mcdog512
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 81x in 60 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
You can always get Ty Cobb here in OOTP 20 but you may not be able to get a card from the greatest player to ever become a manager.

Yea, I just made an ebay offer on McGraw....T206 card.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:40 PM   #1642
madjac74
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 26x in 18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I am always in the baseball mood
Im seasonal...I love my Cowboys and generally any football action.

Thats why I cant wait for this new front office football
madjac74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:44 PM   #1643
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 56x in 33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
He pitch 16 innings and yes he was a luxury to use against left handed hitters. My point is all the perfect cards in the world will not win you everything unless you know how to use them. I tried to help by telling you about the guy with 22 perfects and 3 diamonds. I have played against good (Smart) teams who had no perfects and few diamonds and platooned his gold and silver. I have a good team but I am in a league where everyone has a good team. What is funny is the best teams (Winners) have way less perfect and silver cards then all these people complain about. I really believe if people would work as hard as they complain they would have a competitive team also. I will stop now because I am sure nobody cares to listens except for the players who already know this. I am really nobody to give advice anyhow. I just really enjoy the thrill of this game and wish everyone enjoyed it like I do....
I hear you, im not criticizing you - thats why there is someone in first and someone in last in perfect leagues. All else equal - Better players will theoretically get, if not to the WS win, into the playoffs/towards the top of the league. And, again all else equal, better players will adapt and consistently do well.

From what I can tell, people seem to complain because they are completely overmatched and dont have the resources to compete with some of the teams in perfect league, perhaps including yours.

And for me thats fine, but then some of these super team users just say stuff like "well get good/do your homework/you need to get better/use platoons/yada yada". But the point is, and why I will keep defending them from a neutral's perspective, is that you can be good and do your homework, and do everything you are supposed to do, but still be completely outmatched if you are facing teams that have a massive PP roster value advantage over you. Its not just perfects/diamonds. The best silvers and the best golds cost just as much as diamonds and perfects in some cases. Its simply a matter of resources.

And if you have those resources, its easy to shrug it off and call people crybabies (not saying you did, but others have) and tell them to do their homework. But when you dont have access to those resources (whether it be because you dont spend money or havent had pack luck), then I can see why people are aggrieved and feel like they have no chance to compete.

For me its easy to see and understand that. It doesnt mean you have to agree with them or cater to them, but it shouldnt be too difficult to actually understand the position because its pretty clear to me at least. But people continue to blow it off. I have a hard time believing anyone can honestly say that a team worth 500k PP value and a 40k PP team are fair/equal. Thats why people complain.
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
5 thanks for this post:
BoofBonser26 (Yesterday), pstrickert (Yesterday), whobob (Yesterday), Zorro (01-20-2019), zrog2000 (01-20-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 08:49 PM   #1644
mcdog512
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 81x in 60 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Yea, I just made an ebay offer on McGraw....T206 card.

Offer accepted so no Ty Cobb for me but a T206 McGraw on the way.
Old Yesterday, 12:23 AM   #1645
bailey
All Star Reserve

Thanked 202x in 115 posts
Quote:
And the only proper thing to do now, is to put in your bicycle spokes.
jd200600 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:00 AM   #1646
Kushiel
All Star Reserve

Thanked 328x in 186 posts
Quote:
Congrats I am both happy for you and jealous.
Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM   #1647
uschi_baerchen
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
Quote:
The overall of the cards means nothing.There is a team in my league who has 22 perfects and the other 3 were diamonds and he had the fourth best record in the league. In fact he finished 12 games behind me and I have 3 silver and 3 golds on my roster. I would say over 70 pct of the perfect cards are really garbage cards so you can’t go by that.

OK, so he has Betts but not Trout I assume? This guy most probably made already a serious unforced error in that he threw 1,5 wins per Saison out of the window for naught. To be specific: Bett and Trout are must have no-brainers. Every sane Player will have them eventually (it might take a year to collect the PP, I know, I know), but I Can think of no Situation were my RF is so bad and my CF is so good that I would buy Betts before Trout.
uschi_baerchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM   #1648
Zorro
All Star Starter

Thanked 561x in 387 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uschi_baerchen View Post
but I Can think of no Situation were my RF is so bad and my CF is so good that I would buy Betts before Trout.
The good teams in perfect league (Mine anyway) do not even use Betts as a right fielder. He can play multiple positions and right field is easy to replace. As far as Trout goes , His arm is terrible for a CF and his hitting attributes can be replaced easily by platooning two others so a lot of teams in my league don’t even bother with him. At all.

Last edited by Zorro; Yesterday at 10:06 AM.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM   #1649
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,605x in 2,074 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
The Horror.

Resident Mets Cynic

Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM   #1650
Zorro
All Star Starter

Thanked 561x in 387 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Too funny, Those were the days. I bent so many Mays and Mantle cards doing that. Lol...
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM   #1651
Kushiel
All Star Reserve

Thanked 328x in 186 posts
I figured this latest post started about those dastardly whales was headed for "The Black Whole" of PT where it belongs.
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM   #1652
Thalion
Major Leagues

Thanked 169x in 110 posts
I had a Nolan Ryan rookie card that probably met that fate.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM   #1653
mcdog512
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 81x in 60 posts
Quote:
Too funny, Those were the days. I bent so many Mays and Mantle cards doing that. Lol...

Given this is a PSA graded brick, It would break out all the spokes.....