Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Offseason Discount: OOTP Baseball 18 is 50% Off!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 10-06-2017, 11:34 AM   #201
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,501x in 762 posts
As a favor to me and to the rest of the people who use this sub-forum, please do not post schedules to this thread - it makes them harder to find. Instead, please start a new thread in the schedules sub-forum.

Thanks
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:38 PM   #202
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 70x in 37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner_wils View Post
How do you get this to work for a Mac? I have downloaded Java but am not familiar with this program at all. i think I have downloaded it properly, when I drag the schedule generator over it says access denied. Could someone please help me figure this out
To run the scheduler on a Mac, I believe you have to drag the run.sh file over Terminal. If it's still saying permission denied, you may need to set the file to be executable. (See http://www.macinstruct.com/node/415 for information.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmel07 View Post
First of all, let me say thanks for building such a utility. I'm coming back to OOTP after an approximate 10 year layoff. Reading messages in my inbox from 2005 is insane. Enough with the flashbacks!

I downloaded the schedule generator and thought I had the hang of what it would produce, but since the results weren't as I expected, I figured I'd just ask the question and see if someone would be so nice as to comment and tell me if what I'm trying to do is impossible or not.

League Format:

1 League
4 Divisions
Division 1: 7 Teams
Division 2: 8 Teams
Division 3: 7 Teams
Division 4: 8 Teams

If it simplifies the problem I can always go to 4 eight team divisions. My goal is to play 1 3-game series against every team not in my division and then play divisional games for the remainder of the season. I was shooting for something like a 158 game season, but that's also not set in stone. When I attempted to generate a schedule with what I thought were the correct settings, I got a 205 game schedule and didn't seem to get any inter-divisional play.

Any help would be appreciated, welcome and enjoyed by me.

Thanks,
Jim
I've attached a settings file which generates something close to what you want. The scheduler can't do exactly what you'd like, because it's based on composing several round-robin or nearly-round-robin schedules. For inter-division games, teams in a given division will never play against each other unless there's no other choice, and it isn't possible to round-robin four divisions with that constraint. The scheduler splits them up into two equal-size groups and plays the groups against one another. In your case, each team will play 15 other teams in inter-divisional play.

Leaving myself a note: it occurs to me that I could probably do even better with a sort of two-stage round-robin thing, where the divisions are paired off round robin, then the teams inside the divisions are paired off round-robin. That would only work for pools with an even number of divisions, though; if there's a whole division that has a bye, breaks get too long.
Attached Files
File Type: txt settings-jmel07.txt (2.8 KB, 13 views)
Fishbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #203
Germaniac
All Star Reserve

Thanked 605x in 316 posts
edit - wrong thread

I'm going to have to meet my Maker some day.
And if He asks me why I didn't let this boy play,
and I say it's because he's black,
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947

Last edited by Germaniac; 11-07-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:00 PM   #204
nbcello
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
So I cannot for the life of me figure out how to run this thing on my mac. I've downloaded the latest Java Developer Kit. I dragged the run.sh file into terminal and got an error saying "unable to access OOTPschedulegenerator.jar". So I edited the run.sh to include the file path. This time I get a bunch of computer gibberish preceded by "Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: ./settings.ini (No such file or directory)".
What the hell gives? It's so frustrating fighting my computer to try to get it to run stuff like this, but I guess that's the price I pay for being a mac person. If only I weren't a musician.
nbcello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:27 PM   #205
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 70x in 37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcello View Post
So I cannot for the life of me figure out how to run this thing on my mac. I've downloaded the latest Java Developer Kit. I dragged the run.sh file into terminal and got an error saying "unable to access OOTPschedulegenerator.jar". So I edited the run.sh to include the file path. This time I get a bunch of computer gibberish preceded by "Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: ./settings.ini (No such file or directory)".
What the hell gives? It's so frustrating fighting my computer to try to get it to run stuff like this, but I guess that's the price I pay for being a mac person. If only I weren't a musician.
On looking, I've discovered that Mac shell scripts execute in the home directory, not the directory they're in.

You should be able to make it work by either adding

cd your-install-directory

above the Java line, or by doing the full path to settings.ini like you did for the jar file.
Fishbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
nbcello (01-12-2018)