Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team is LIVE!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:27 AM   #21
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 490x in 343 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
Maybe "zero" was too strong. But Britain & Mexico didn't have to endure years of taxes, political upheaval, & disruptive construction projects to give a billionaire a place to make even more money. I don't see the major soccer leagues in Europe taking games that count away from Manchester, Madrid & Mainz fans in order to play in the Meadowlands. The NFL & the NBA has made the American fan pay through the teeth for what they have provided at a discount to Eurpoeans.
As Rudel states it's only a matter of time, the top football leagues within Europe now hold preseason games stateside exactly how the NFL started in London. However the EPL are thinking of adding a game "game 39" as it's been known, not taking an home game away like the NFL, NBA and this year MLB, I'm not sure we get it at a discount, it costs me $200 to go and watch an NFL game in London and I get my bed free at my cousin's throw in another $100 at least if I had to pay for one. A rough guess going off people I know and people I speak to at the games I reckon 50% if not more pay around what I do if not more so hardly a discount. I actually didn't pay much more to watch the Giants and Bears at Soldier Field few years back, ticket, board paid for by my cousin I only paid for the price of a cheap plane ticket.

No disrespect but looking on the outside the American sports fan doesn't seem to have much sway with their professional sports teams, alot of what happens in American sports wouldn't happen here, few years back Man Utd didn't play in the FA Cup to play in a tournament in Asia I think, backlash was so strong they never did it again. Things like replacement players, World Series not being played wouldn't happen. Players and owners would be to scared to do things like that, don't get me wrong they push the fans to breaking point sometimes but they realise empty stadiums wouldn't be a good TV product.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #22
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 490x in 343 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
This will change in the next 5 years.

It is only a matter of time before the EPL plays regular season fixtures in the USA and Asia.
There is talk of holding one of the upcoming DFL supercups in the USA and possibly a regular season Bundesliga game.

The EPL will be the first to try it and once they see the massive financial success other leagues will try it, probably La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and possibly Ligue 1 assuming they can find another super team to pair with PSG.

I would also not be shocked if UEFA decided to try and play a Champions league game in the US.
Wouldn't surprise me if it's in Atlanta, Sky Sports spoke to someone before the Super Bowl and he dropped the Champions League into the conversation.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:54 AM   #23
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 866x in 496 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if it's in Atlanta, Sky Sports spoke to someone before the Super Bowl and he dropped the Champions League into the conversation.
Atlanta is football crazy right now. Granted tickets are much cheaper but every single Atlanta United home game outdrew both the Atlanta Falcons and the Super Bowl.

And for a American football stadium the stadium gets rave reviews from European soccer fans and players who say that it hosts football matches well.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #24
Curve Ball Dave
All Star Starter

Thanked 787x in 437 posts
The Marlins are doing what every team since the beginning of MLB has done when they are either unwilling or incapable of spending money on good players. They are serving as a feeder team for those that will. One thing you could always count on with these types of teams through the decades is the players will always hustle and play their hardest. This way if they show any talent they can be traded to a better team.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:47 PM   #25
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 277x in 210 posts
Orlando.
damientheomen3 (02-13-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 11:18 AM   #26
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4,165x in 2,164 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote: