Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 Available!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #61
CD1083
All Star Starter

Thanked 355x in 235 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyan_cheena View Post
Run-TMC

Started following the NBA, NFL and MLB all around '89-'90. Picked the Dubs 'casue of Run-TMC, the Bengals 'cause my team in the Australian NRL was the Balmain Tigers and the Braves pretty much 'cause they made the World Series in '91. First baseball games I saw was the 1990 World Series and I was tempted to go for the Reds but loved following that Braves team in '91. Those are my three teams and I've stuck with them ever since.
I assumed it was because of Chris Mullin and his band 'The Downunders'
CD1083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #62
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 458x in 379 posts
First Lin got Carmelo-ised, and now he's claimed D'Antoni, aswell!
kenyan_cheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #63
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

So, seriously, has there really only been one trade so far (Warriors-Bucks)? Do they usually all leave it to the last few hours? Almost as bad as the trade deadline non-activity in NBA 2K11.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:27 AM   #64
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Had to conjur this thread up from midway down page 2.

Huge comeback from the Clippers to beat Memphis.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:56 AM   #65
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 703x in 398 posts
Rose going down creates a clear path right to the finals for Miami.
The West on the other hand is a total war I could letgitmatly see six of the eight teams being able to make it to the finals.

Last edited by rudel.dietrich; 04-30-2012 at 08:13 PM.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #66
AnotherAlias
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 81x in 62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
Rose going down creates a clear path right to the finals for Miami.
The West on the other hand is a total war I could letgitmatly see six of the either teams being able to make it to the finals.
Yeah, the Bulls should make it past Philly, and perhaps edge the Celtics/Hawks winner, but Miami should be able to easily beat Chicago, if they make it that far.

Trying
Repeatedly
(to)
Undermine
Merka
Permanently
AnotherAlias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #67
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 754x in 505 posts
Thank goodness Heat-Knicks is over. Lopsided Game 1 was an indication of how it was going to be and how the Knicks are nowhere near elite level. I watched that game, forcing myself all the way to the end, so that I could feel better about skipping the rest of the games. I was actually a bit disappointed that the Knicks won Game 4 because I wanted the series to be over. That's how bad they looked, and I'm a lifelong Knicks fan. The end.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #68
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Rose going down completely altered the East. I thought the Bulls could get past round 1 but they just imploded.
And out West the Nuggets are taking the Lakers to the limit. George Karl is IMO he best coach in the NBA. He gets more done with less talent than anyone else in the league.
Pop and Brooks are great coaches but both have lots of talent to work with.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #69
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 754x in 505 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
Rose going down completely altered the East. I thought the Bulls could get past round 1 but they just imploded.
And out West the Nuggets are taking the Lakers to the limit. George Karl is IMO he best coach in the NBA. He gets more done with less talent than anyone else in the league.
Pop and Brooks are great coaches but both have lots of talent to work with.
Well, somebody please Beat the Heat. You know how you guys feel about the Yankees? I feel that way about Miami. Bunch of overpaid, overconfident guys put together specifically to win instant championships. Ptui! ()
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #70
jaxmagicman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Retired defloration-maker living in Myrtle Beach, SC
Thanked 445x in 363 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
Well, somebody please Beat the Heat. You know how you guys feel about the Yankees? I feel that way about Miami. Bunch of overpaid, overconfident guys put together specifically to win instant championships. Ptui! ()
The very minute that the Celtics are elminated, I will root for whoever you want.

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.
jaxmagicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #71
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 322x in 206 posts
Im watching the Lakers-Nuggets game at a bar and a guy who was a nugget fan says
"In 98 these fans were no were to be found. Now look at them all."
I didnt know whether to inform him the game was in LA or do like Bill Engvall and say
"Heres your sign."
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #72
kq76
Global Moderator

Thanked 855x in 479 posts
So with Lebron winning his 3rd MVP, I looked at the list of winners and found that, other than the (I think) recently retired O'Neal and Iverson, every past retired winner is in the HoF. I was a little surprised by that, but maybe I shouldn't be. And of the still active and recently retired, I'd say all but Rose (the youngest winner mind you) are locks for the Hall. I just wonder whether his career will be derailed by injuries.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #73
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 322x in 206 posts
Yeah it does seem like the nba mvp has more hall of famers than baseball but i could be wrong.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #74
CD1083
All Star Starter

Thanked 355x in 235 posts
Is Chris Bosh really the key to the Heat? Down 2-1 to the Pacers.

Why is James playing the 4? Wouldn't Turiaf be a better option?
CD1083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #75
phightin
All Star Reserve

Thanked 64x in 41 posts
I don't think Bosh is the key as much as James and Spoelstra are not, if you understand the direction I'm going to take in this post. It has become apparent to me after watching him over the years and now with the Heat that during the playoffs he gets scared and backs out of shots and doing things that he naturally does successfully during the regular season. I didn't get a chance to watch game 3 last night but watching him keep giving up the ball during the final minutes of game 2 was pretty pathetic. There's a difference between creating opportunities for others and BACKING OUT OF SHOTS!!!! You would continually see them run down the floor, set up in the half court, give lebron isolation...then only have him give it up to someone and eventually get back to Wade for a shot. The difference between guys like Wade, Kobe, MJ, Magic, Bird, etc etc is that those guys all are not afraid, or at least can overcome the fear that goes along with failing. For whatever reason Lebron can not.

The other issue is Spoelstra, not a good coach, period. Mismanaged games, player's under performing, lack of set plays at the right opportunities. The guy can get by with what he has during the regular season because the team is loaded with talent, but guys like him are always exposed in the playoffs when they have to go up against the best in the business at the most important time.

Mark my words if the heat do not at least get out of the East and to the Finals again this year they'll buy out the large chunk of his contract and Father Pat will come in and lead them to a title. With a team full of superstars and talent like they have Riley always seemed like the logical choice to team anyway.
phightin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #76
phightin
All Star Reserve

Thanked 64x in 41 posts
The second half was what they were doing the first couple weeks of the season so its not that shocking to me to see them come back the way they did. when they play like that they can beat anyone in the league. I think they can win the series even the east. the east is truly a mess this year with the bull and heat imploding with injuries and other issues. can't see them winning it all against the spurs or okc. sixers
phightin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:40 AM   #77
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Attached Images

Last edited by kenyan_cheena; 05-21-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:42 AM   #78
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

The Spurs look unstoppable
Old 05-22-2012, 03:02 AM   #79
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

B'ah, my faith in fairytales has now officially ended. I guess you can't stop progress, though. I think the Sonics' younger legs will get the better of San Antonio in 6 or 7.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #80
Bryan Swartz
Major Leagues

Thanked 17x in 11 posts
As a Spurs fan since '87 -- when the Admiral set sail -- I was heartened to see the prediction of the man whose opinions are worth the most to me in all of basketball punditry. That would be Mr. John Hollinger, who has San Antonio in 5. The polls I've seen show 51-49 Spurs in fan predictions .... great series, but I do really think San Antonio will take it. With the way Duncan is playing, I just don't think they can be guarded in the modern NBA.

It wouldn't break my heart to see OKC win though, and I do think the WCF will decide the NBA champion. I admire the greatness of Wade and LeBron, but don't see the Heat(who will roll the Celtics) beating either one.
Bryan Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote