Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Collection Missions for Perfect Team Released!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2019, 08:42 PM   #381
rained out
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Is there a place I can look at the new 3D improvements?
rained out is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:22 PM   #382
arrabin56
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 8
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10x in 2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
Can bench/hitting/pitching coaches now get hired elsewhere as a manager before their contracts are up?
This is legitimately the one feature I keep waiting for.
arrabin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:45 PM   #383
marc5477
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 146
Thanks: 3
Thanked 40x in 23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
you didn't know who mike trout was until last year? yeah you didn't just drift away, you were lost at sea! lol
Same story here. The roid era pretty much killed it for me. I still played and coached but stopped watching entirely. I couldn't name 2 players right now and I can only name 1 because baseball news sometimes slips through my normal news feeds (Machado who got signed on the padres recently... cant remember his 1st name though). I just looked up trout a few seconds ago lol.

I play OOTP with fictitious players only.

Last edited by marc5477; 05-11-2019 at 12:50 AM.
marc5477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
fredbeene (05-12-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 01:48 AM   #384
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Reserve
 
Mariner and Giants Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kent, WA.
Posts: 905
Thanks: 246
Thanked 80x in 52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc5477 View Post
Same story here. The roid era pretty much killed it for me. I still played and coached but stopped watching entirely. I couldn't name 2 players right now and I can only name 1 because baseball news sometimes slips through my normal news feeds (Machado who got signed on the padres recently... cant remember his 1st name though). I just looked up trout a few seconds ago lol.

I play OOTP with fictitious players only.
i find this incredibly sad...
__________________
Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"
Mariner and Giants Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:38 PM   #385
fredbeene
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 346
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 184
Thanked 41x in 24 posts
Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner and Giants Fan View Post
i find this incredibly sad...
MLB loss is OOTP gain
I am not that old and have no joy in watching MLB.
My baseball fix is by playing, simming (OOTP is not quite there yet...please improve pbp and have stats equal to baseball ref), listening to old baseball radio broadcasts
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:05 PM   #386
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer
 
Syd Thrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 374
Thanked 905x in 445 posts
I think the game has gotten too static: too many of the Three True Outcomes for me. De juicing the ball would help with homeruns but K rates are nearing 1 per inning and I don’t have a great answer to fix that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hodgman
I didn't know that a dinosaur could do that much cocaine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn
You bastard....
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:55 PM   #387
Calvert98
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 339
Thanks: 506
Thanked 86x in 59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
I think the game has gotten too static: too many of the Three True Outcomes for me. De juicing the ball would help with homeruns but K rates are nearing 1 per inning and I don’t have a great answer to fix that.
Agreed about the HR rate. Candidly, for me at least, I think highlight-reel outfield plays are fun and cool to see; I want to see more of those and more great fielding in general; it makes the game more dynamic in a way. So, I agree with your point that the whole HR or Strike-out thing gets a bit stale after a bit.

And the thrill of an HR, which in part, like soccer's point scoring rate, was related to the fact that it happens, but not too often; so it seems to be losing some of its glean. I guess, MLB really did have a good balance in the past.

But I think the HR rate is not just related to the ball; the changes (stitching and I think some internal issues?) are also being delivered into an age that from what I understand, now has smaller park dimensions on average, than at any time in MLB history. Also, add to that the power-pitchers that are now in vogue, and I guess you have what you see currently.

Anyway, you are right. No easy fix.

Last edited by Calvert98; 05-16-2019 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Added more thoughts...
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:30 AM   #388
stealofhome
All Star Starter
 
stealofhome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,738
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 106
Thanked 434x in 323 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post
Only a tiny number of players use feeder leagues because they're crude and not an efficient use of resources IMHO. Not because they're opposed to feeder leagues. Personally I love that stuff and would be all over it, but it just doesn't play out well IRL.
I absolutely wanted feeder leagues for my playthrough and did a bunch of testing to get them working well enough for me. It adds so much to the story of the league that I couldn't imagine not using them anymore. There are still some needed changes with them based on player creation and movement, but the feeder league filled MLB is moving along just fine.

What I mean by that comment is that I agree that they are crude and the reason nobody uses them. However, I also don't feel that they are a lost cause and should still be worked on.

Last edited by stealofhome; 05-17-2019 at 08:32 AM.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
byzeil (05-19-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 10:00 AM   #389
Westheim
Hall Of Famer
 
Westheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,888
Thanks: 2,079
Thanked 4,131x in 2,388 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
I think the game has gotten too static: too many of the Three True Outcomes for me. De juicing the ball would help with homeruns but K rates are nearing 1 per inning and I don’t have a great answer to fix that.
Unscrewing the superchargers off the baseballs would also help to keep strikeouts from spiralling all out of control, because hitting for the fences is not going to be as much of a successful strategy anymore. Hitters would actually have to be a bit more selective, slap a single for a change, and hey, maybe exploit the wide open side of the field the shift is giving you?
__________________
Portland Raccoons, 54 years of excell-.... of baseball: Furballs here!
1983 * 1989 * 1991 * 1992 * 1993 * 1995 * 1996 * 2010 * 2017 * 2018 * 2019 * 2026 * 2028
1 OSANAI
: 2 POWELL : 8 REECE : 10 BROWN : 15 HALL : 28 CASAS : 32 WEST : 46 SAITO

Resident Mets Cynic
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:09 PM   #390
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer
 
Syd Thrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 374
Thanked 905x in 445 posts
If memory serves, the actual effect shifts seem to have is kind of low...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hodgman
I didn't know that a dinosaur could do that much cocaine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn
You bastard....
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:21 PM   #391
alexnyc
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
"Specialist" Secondary Role

Hello,

I noticed that, as opposed to previous versions of the game, instead of having "lefty specialist" as an option for relief pitchers' secondary roles, it is now just "specialist". Does this mean if I gave a right-handed relief pitcher the secondary role of "specialist", it would be as a right-handed specialist? Thanks.
alexnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:28 PM   #392
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer
 
Matt Arnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,320
Thanks: 967
Thanked 10,339x in 4,056 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnyc View Post
Hello,

I noticed that, as opposed to previous versions of the game, instead of having "lefty specialist" as an option for relief pitchers' secondary roles, it is now just "specialist". Does this mean if I gave a right-handed relief pitcher the secondary role of "specialist", it would be as a right-handed specialist? Thanks.
Yep!
__________________
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
alexnyc (06-06-2019)
Old 06-06-2019, 12:30 PM   #393
dbqs
Minors (Double A)
 
dbqs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Comiskey
Posts: 111
Thanks: 71
Thanked 51x in 37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnyc View Post
Hello,

I noticed that, as opposed to previous versions of the game, instead of having "lefty specialist" as an option for relief pitchers' secondary roles, it is now just "specialist". Does this mean if I gave a right-handed relief pitcher the secondary role of "specialist", it would be as a right-handed specialist? Thanks.
Yup, exactly.
__________________

dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments