Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.7 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

OOTP Baseball 19 is Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #1
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,401x in 1,129 posts
Potential adjustments to force start logic.

adjustments to force start at a position logic. ++ force start, but multiple fielding positions.

this seems to overwork them.. but could be wrong. it would be nice if this setting is callibrated not to overwork or endanger the player's health (more so for picthing and catcher i guess) or allows us to callibrate how heavy the use is.

force start with every 6th day off etc. or something tied to position that is unseen and avoid fatigue and maximizes playing time in minors.

multiple potential ways to do it... a few basic options or using "days off" like depth chart etc etc. anything to get the job done in a basic way..

Also, some way to force a player to develop any position they are qualified for in mil. this is a tedious task to do on your own.. constantly changing force start each month or 2 etc for multiple prospects that may not even play in the mlb.

even if that last part isn't spoon fed, just "force start" at any position would be nice... and ai would use them as normally for any position that fits and needs a warm body that day. -- same logic as always for where they play, but force to play in general is good enough.

randomly playing differnet position that would normally occur if they were a "starter in manager's eye" is good enough. ie the guys i don't force start typically learn multi positons without me touching them... but, my better prospects i force to ensure playing time do not wihtout my direct attention.

the way "force start at ..." currently works it reduces time and effort over here, but adds time and effort over there.

if i am wrong and safeguards do exists for my concern, nevermind.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-12-2018 at 05:52 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:05 PM   #2
Timofmars
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 43x in 31 posts
I just bring up non-prospects from lower leagues that can be the backups. They won't be as good as the prospects, so they won't be assigned as a starters even with allowing the AI to set the lineup and depth chart. I don't see why a player would get overworked if a backup player is there to take his place any time he is not rested.
Timofmars is offline   Reply With Quote