Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:58 PM   #1
Zimmer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
Help -- Can't replace two DL guys during playoffs

I am in the AL championship series and two players have gone down with season ending injuries.

I put the first guy on the disabled list and the note said this player will not be eligible for the next series. OK, fine, he won't be healthy anyway and that is MLB rules.

However, my playoff eligible roster only has 24 players currently, all of which are already on the actual playoff roster. I tried dragging a player from my 40 man roster to replace the guy that went on disabled list ... but, no can do.

Per MLB rules: "Players must be on the 40-man roster, the 60-day disabled list or the bereavement/family medical emergency list as of midnight ET on Aug. 31 to be eligible for their respective clubs' postseason rosters."

I am trying to figure out how I ended up with only 24 (was 25 I guess) players on playoff eligible roster when I had 38 or 39 players on the 40 man roster???

So I'm stuck ... I can't figure out how to replace these two guys per MLB rules, assuming OOTP follows the rules. I was excited making it this far in the playoffs but I might as well throw in the towel now playing shorthanded.

What's the deal? Is there a way to get these two players replaced? Again, I somehow had only 24 (or 25) players on the playoff eligible roster even though I had 38 players on the 40 man roster as of Aug 31.
Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:10 AM   #2
MrBojangles
Major Leagues

Thanked 127x in 82 posts
You cannot change the roster in the middle of a series. This includes adding guys to the roster to replace injured players. You must play out the series (and win it).
Before you start the next series (World Series in this case) you will have option to set your roster for that series. This is when you can bring a guy "up" from the 40-man to join your active team roster.
MrBojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:22 PM   #3
JC769
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 5x in 4 posts
If you have post-season roster rules enabled, and have it set to 25-man roster, then only the ones on your 25-man roster as of September 1st are eligible. You would have to change it to 40-man.

But yes, if you have someone eligible, you should be able to DL and replace them. They must miss the rest of the series (obviously) and the whole next series, however.
JC769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:54 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 963x in 787 posts
From http://www.thecubreporter.com/book/export/html/3549

4-5-6 and 8 are probably good to read too.

Excerpt from website above:

10. A post-season eligible player who is injured during a post-season series (LDS, LCS, or World Series) can (with the approval of the MLB Commissioner) be replaced during the series by another player on the club's Post-Season Eligibility List, or by a player who was on an Active List, Reserve List, 60-day DL, or Military List of a minor league affiliate from that organization prior to midnight (Eastern) on August 31st, or by a player who was on the club's MLB Reserve List (40-man roster), MLB 60-day DL, or Military List prior to midnight (Eastern) on August 31st but who was subsequently sent outright to the minors. (In the case of a player who is sent outright to the minors after August 31st, the player must remain on a Reserve List of a minor league affiliate from that organization continuously throughout the remainder of the MLB regular season and post-season in order to be eligible to replace an injured post-season eligible player). An injured player replaced during a post-season series is ineligible to be reinstated to his club's Active List (25-man roster) for the balance of that series and the next series (LCS or World Series). Also, a pitcher must replace a pitcher and a position player must replace a position player. However, it is NOT necessary for a catcher to replace a catcher, an infielder to replace an infielder, or an outfielder to replace an outfielder. NOTE: If the injured player suffered an acute concussion, the injured player is eligible to be reinstated to his club's Active List after seven days even if the next post-season series is still in progress.

me again:

So, if injured during playoffs you shoudl be able to replace during that series with any player that meets eligibility requirements, but the injured player cannot return that postseason. ... for the most part

not sure if comissioner mode will let you do it... there is a playoff eligible check box, but some other restriction may throw a wrench in this suggestion... simply make it work since you know it is "right".

verify info : http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/me...er-eligibility

2 sources

Last edited by NoOne; 08-13-2017 at 01:57 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:51 PM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanked 6,251x in 2,433 posts
If you go to the playoff roster window, it should tell you your roster rules. Generally speaking, if a guy goes on the DL during the playoffs, it should free up a new spot to add someone else to the list (there should be a note in the bottom right window that says that you have a roster replacement spot open). So you should be able to replace him for the current and future series.

In the future, if you want to play with the 40-man like the current MLB, then in the league options there's a choice for that.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote