Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 08-07-2017, 09:08 AM   #81
cooperthegiantscat
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Offseason Coverage - Breaking News!

The Giants will keep relief pitcher Will Smith on a 4 year contract worth about $5 million a year.

Will Smith, 30, pitched 67.1 innings, and had arguably one of his best seasons since 2015. Will etched a 6-2 record, striking out 82, walking 27, and giving up only 3 home-runs which is a feat he has done 2 other times in his career.

Will did not comment on his signing but rumor in the clubhouse is that he is happy to be staying in San Francisco.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
cooperthegiantscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:51 PM   #82
cooperthegiantscat
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Letter from Owner Larry Baer

Brian,

First of all let me say congratulations on winning the division, and it is a shame that you were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. It is always a big task to play in the post season after a long season like the ones we have in the majors.

You did a great job this season, but it's no secret the fans want a world series win! So I am tasking you with a few goals coming into Spring Training.

First I want you to at a minimum reach the playoffs again!

Second I want you to improve on your team's stolen bases. You're going to want to get some fast, smart base runners to get this done.

Third I would like you to extend Jeff Samardzija, the fans love him here and he has been a great asset to the team. Please make this happen

Fourth, I would like you to go out and sign us a "Top Player." Go get us a Mike Trout, or a Bryce Harper, our team has some room in the payroll to make this happen! Get it done!

Finally I know originally I set this goal for the year 2020, but I am giving you an extension, I want a World Series by the end of the 2025 season!

I have complete faith in your abilities Brian, you have quite the reputation for such a young GM.

-Larry Baer, CEO of the San Francisco Giants.
Attached Images
Old 08-13-2017, 12:41 AM   #83
cooperthegiantscat
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Preseason 2020

Once again Giants fan it is time to start the 2020 Season. Preseason player call ups are just around the corner. Players, trainers, and bright eye amateur invites are all getting fired up to show that they have what it takes to be in the big leagues this coming season!
Attached Images
Old 08-13-2017, 02:11 AM   #84
cooperthegiantscat
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Matt Cain Retires

*I missed this sad event during off season simming somehow!

November 3rd, 2019

After an outstanding 14 year career, Matt Cain decides to retire. He finished his career with a near .500 record (110-115) with a career ERA of 3.59. Over his career he struck out 1,742 batters.

Matt, 35, was drafted by the San Francisco Giants in 2002 in the first round of the June Amateur Draft. He then was called up to the majors in 2005 where he made starts. The pitcher was invited to the All-Star Game in 2009, 2011 and 2002. He went to the World Series 3 times in 2010, 2012 and 2014 and was an integral part of the 2012 series in against the Detroit Tigers. Cain also had a perfect game against the Padres in 2013

"I'm going to miss this, all of this... This place has been my home for a long time. But it's time, I can feel, it just seems right. The last couple seasons I've had some injuries, my fast ball isn't what it used to be and I feel I've accomplished a lot. I talked to Skip about it and he told me when the time comes, I'd know when to hang it up. It's time" Said a teary eyed Matt Cain outside of the clubhouse this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEAHkRhRfNc
Old 08-13-2017, 02:27 AM   #85
cooperthegiantscat
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Kung-Fu Panda Returns to SF

Pablo Sandoval may be a name that leaves a poor taste in the mouths of San Francisco fans, mostly for his lack of work-ethic, mostly for the way he left, mostly for his issues with his weight. But the now free agent "Kung-Fu Panda" has found a major league team willing to work with him for the 2020 season and that team is his former team, the San Francisco Giants.

"I've learned a lot..." Pablo said when asked by media reporters. "I have to work to get back to the club, and I have to work even harder to show San Francisco that I have changed."

Sandoval left the Giants after the 2014 season to join the Boston Red Socks for a $95 million dollar contract. During his time in Boston he only played on average 52 having a stint that was lack luster only showing 23 homeruns and a .263 batting average.

Pablo now 33 years of age will be starting in the minors with a standard minor league contract. He will take Conor Gillaspie's (Fractured Cheekbone) place for the remainder of the 2020 Spring Training, to see if he can earn a roster spot or at least a slot in Sacramento this season.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 08-13-2017, 02:40 AM   #86
cooperthegiantscat
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
2020 Spring Training Weeks 1-3

March Points of Interest:
3/9/2020 - RP Tyler Cyr, Day-to-Day, Dead Arm, 6 Days
3/3/2020 - RP Ty Blach, Day-to-Day, Flu-like Symptoms, 4 Days
3/1/2020 - 3B Conor Gillaspie, Out, Fractured Cheekbone, 6 Weeks
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by cooperthegiantscat; 08-13-2017 at 02:47 AM.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:45 AM   #87
cooperthegiantscat
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
2020 Spring Training Weeks 1-3 (Cont.)

2020 Spring Training Weeks 1-3 (Cont.)
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by cooperthegiantscat; 08-14-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:50 PM   #88
cooperthegiantscat
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
I've decided to retire this thread and work on the series on Vidme. Thanks for following me over the last 2-3 season and hope you enjoyed it. And please check out my vidme series where I will continue to put up OOTP18 videos
Old 08-20-2017, 06:23 AM   #89
FantasticPhanatic23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
for statistical relevance, wait until batters have about 250 AB and pitchers 100 IP (unless bullpen then 30 to 50 IP). That way you have real numbers to look at. I only update the numbers at the end of spring training / end of month review. Also, why don't you start over with you're video series and continue this file. Just explain what happened thus far and keep it going. I think I will also switch to a video format for the second season for my Phillies Squad. However, with Youtube.

Last edited by FantasticPhanatic23; 08-20-2017 at 06:25 AM.
FantasticPhanatic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 03:00 PM   #90
cooperthegiantscat
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
I guess I could do that. I am definitely more interested in the Giants as well as having a much better knowledge of the team and farm clubs. I could do both teams realistically. Maybe I will finish up spring training then start doing Giants vids in the same manner as the tigers series.

I'm also scrapped the Manager dynasty I am doing because if time constraints but I do have a few Manager episodes in the pipeline.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:10 PM   #91
cooperthegiantscat
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Unfortunately I didn't back this save up so it is gone. It was a nice thought though