Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #301
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Thanked 2,382x in 1,406 posts
It depends on the function you are using. In general it is fixed.

The team name is "San Diego Padres - Minors" in the Teams.csv which is what sets up the league demographics. If your function does not use that setup then you will not see the change.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:53 PM   #302
Amazin69
All Star Reserve

Thanked 519x in 350 posts
"Function"? I just did the "create a new historical league" with "import complete history up until [year of league]" and "import historic minors (1915+) checked…seemed fairly standard, AFAI could tell. What triggers the Padres bug, exactly?

And I see that we have a similar bug for the pre-1954 Baltimore Orioles; players on those minor-league teams are credited with being part of the major-league St. Louis Browns, who would of course eventually become the Orioles. (Bob Lemon, who pitched for the 1942 Orioles and the 1958 Padres, is subject to both of these bugs.) Same issue?

On a different note, I see that the game is retiring an inexplicably-high portion of players as 1Bs, for whatever reason. I'm only looking up 1969 coaches (as per our discussion in the other thread) and already I've seen Jim Gilliam, Yogi Berra and Lemon listed as 1Bs. Rather 1Bizarre, I'd say…

On Hiatus/Discontinued:

An OOTP 11 Dynasty: Wrighting a Wrong: a second chance for the 2010 (and beyond) New York Mets
Amazin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 05:55 PM   #303
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

And the Los Angeles Angels and the Buffalo Bisons and many more. That said when I create a historical league with real minors I do not have this issue. What is your year of league? That is probably the cause?

For retired players the game does not keep prior historical fielding records in its data and every player without a fielding record automagically becomes a first baseman upon unretirement. I have whined about this for a few years but a change does not seem to be in the cards.

Last edited by Spritze; 10-26-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:42 PM   #304
Amazin69
All Star Reserve

I'm trying to set up a 1969 league. A fun year, IM admittedly-biased O, but not anything that should trigger bugs…unless it's that it's the first season of the MLB Padres. (But that wouldn't account for the Orioles/Browns issue, I shouldn't think.)

So minor-league Bisons players have their stats displayed as if they were ML-level Buf-Feds? That's so very wrong, it's almost cool…

On Hiatus/Discontinued:

An OOTP 11 Dynasty: Wrighting a Wrong: a second chance for the 2010 (and beyond) New York Mets
Old 10-27-2017, 02:32 AM   #305
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

There was a Buffalo Bisons MLB team in the 1800's.

I created a 1969 historical league with full minors and see no challenges. Orioles/Browns nor Padres.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #306
Amazin69
All Star Reserve

Well, as noted, Bob Lemon, "veteran" of both the 1942 Browns and 1958 Padres, would disagree:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 7.12.52 AM.png
Views: 101
Size:  369.3 KB

Could this be due to my using a Mac? Or did my tweaking the financials (to compensate for the "everybody's making WAY to much money" issue, as noted in my other thread) have triggered this? Odd.

On Hiatus/Discontinued:

Old 10-27-2017, 04:59 PM   #307
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Unretirement is the trigger but the fix was rolled back at some point and is no longer in place.

Last edited by Spritze; 10-27-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:17 PM   #308
Amazin69
All Star Reserve

Hmm, odd.

I'm sure there was a perfectly good reason for unfixing the fix, but still.

So I guess this makes it all the more imperative that I help out with that "historic coaching positions" project, hmm? So that all of this can be pre-loaded and there will be no need to unretire players. Okay, then.

Thanks for the help.

On Hiatus/Discontinued:

Old 11-04-2017, 01:10 PM   #309
cultbuscus
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Historical Drafts Not Loading

Doing a long-term sim from the beginning of time (1871) just to peak at drafts.

The 1967 (Thurman Munson and co.) and 1984 (McGwire/Maddux) drafts did not load. They seem to be imported at the end of the year as free agents, after the World Series the next year.

Other drafts are importing just fine. The years prior and the years after all imported as expected.
cultbuscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 02:49 AM   #310
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultbuscus View Post
Doing a long-term sim from the beginning of time (1871) just to peak at drafts.

The 1967 (Thurman Munson and co.) and 1984 (McGwire/Maddux) drafts did not load. They seem to be imported at the end of the year as free agents, after the World Series the next year.

Other drafts are importing just fine. The years prior and the years after all imported as expected.
The drafts are all the same and run through the same process so of ideas I have none. As others have not reported this issue for those years I suspect you had a temporary glitch.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:08 AM   #311
Supermercado
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 23x in 11 posts
Frank O'Rourke - o'roufr01
Frank O'Rourke - orourfr01 and orourk002jam

Same person. Picked this up when they appeared on the same side.
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:31 AM   #312
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Not finding this challenge so it must have been fixed for OOTP19
Supermercado (11-10-2017)