Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

OOTP Baseball 19 is Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:35 AM   #1
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 850x in 395 posts
OOTPmods.com & OOTPwiki.info

this is a rough draft version, please excuse it. I'll be cleaning it up over the weekend.

With OOTP16 here I wanted to remind everybody the OOTPmods.com & OOTPwiki.info are fully functional & ready to help you share and advertise your OOTP creations.

OOTPmods.com has a new submission process going live sometime this weekend

OOTPwiki.info is a self-service wiki community (built on the tikiwiki platform) that can be used as, but not limited to, a portal for your mods/dynasties/solo or online leagues or even just a "yellow pages" type page that is as easy to create as cutting and pasting a word document or forum post (it even copies the links and images...somehow) or as complicated as a graphic novel. it even includes a fully share-able drag and drop file gallery + more features than you can shake a stick at, if a feature isn't turned on just ask

now that the merging of resources is complete we are looking to expand what services we offer the community. our first venture is into experimental online leagues where the concepts are an "early adopter league" (upgrades to new versions ASAP) and as many functions are done in-game as possible, unique tweaks, ect.

for OOTP16 we are thinking: Experimental Baseball Sodality - 48 teams,. 24 human, 24 AI. the wiki staff (my still at-home adult sons) have agreed to run the sims everyday (7 days per sim off-season. 4days, then 3day during the season) a relentless grind, that's why 2 simmers without a team. fictional start then random debut? spritze HS-db?

exact details are not important at the moment, the main point is we are willing to "sponsor" something similar for the other OOTP offerings

because we would like to have ootpmods.com support the other ootp offerings, new databases need to be created and we would like to add columns for "game version" and add one for a wiki page link (right now I choose a forum or wiki page based on if a page has been made or not and my mood, I would rather be able to include both) while I could probably copy, empty and modify the existing database enough to make something useable, it sure the heck isn't the worlds greatest idea
Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 09-14-2015 at 05:16 AM.
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
6 thanks for this post:
Bigrod (03-20-2015), Bluenoser (03-20-2015), Cod (03-20-2015), Cole (03-20-2015), gRaider2001 (03-20-2015), Spritze (11-24-2017)
Old 09-14-2015, 05:57 AM   #2
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

hey all, for many ... personal reasons, I have not been that active on the boards recently and I decided I needed to spend some time actually playing ootp. still, I have been spending roughly half my ootp time just keeping the sites running, but since I am sub-par server admin, maintenance & repair take forever.

but it does happen and because of that

I just finished updating the website software for ootpwiki.info which will allow the merging ootpmods.com into the wiki software package.

it isn't hard but there is some manual editing involved. so it will take a few hours, hopefully i find some time this week. since ootpmods.com runs on a drupal installation and it gives me nothing but trouble, moving to one software package will be nice and maybe we can encourage some cross-use.

I am thinking rebranding the website ootp community mods & wiki (or ootp mods & wiki, am still fence-sitting) and have the domains point to an individual landing page for those sections.

and i do need to work on a way to support community mods for the hockey game.. it does have mods? I have not kept up. embarrassingly.

I could make them function as completely separate websites, but i think encouraging cross-usage is more important than some initial confusion. thoughts? I could use opinions on this question.

we can always use whatever help the community can offer, in whatever form it takes.

Personally, I could use some help on the server admin side, it would take so long if i wasn't such a Linux buffoon, but i just can't get my head wrapped around it. I am a management consultant & a marketing management student, not a server admin and it really takes away most of my time that could be better spent updating the wiki, managing community projects & trolling the community for mod submissions.

but we'll take whatever time, talent & desire anybody has to offer.

Last edited by jazzrack; 09-14-2015 at 06:17 AM.
2 thanks for this post:
Baebae32 (09-16-2015), cephasjames (09-14-2015)
Old 12-17-2015, 06:43 AM   #3
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

a bit of an update.

I have been having a bit of trouble merging ootpmods & the wiki. the modsDB and the wiki software don't like to play with each-other. I have asked for some input from the tiki community. but history tells me they are not especially helpful witht he non-programmers. so we'll see.

I do have the other option of using the wiki's file & tracking system for ootpmods, and all things considered it should be the better option in the long run (able to easily store and display data), but it does require me to maintain the old DB for the ad-ons central. but.... it may be a small price to pay if I can find the time.

the server is running fine, the only lingering issue is we can't unpack the html reports via the user control panel. that isn't even really a server issue, it's a control panel software issue. unpacking anything but a .zip file via the CP file manager is "in development". and who want's to use a command line to unzip files anyway? It's not realy a major issue, only 2 leagues are hosted, corporate league baseball (mine) and Canadian baseball league. I host the html file son my home server anyway, but the Canadian league has been suffering a bit.

If I understand this and knew what I was doing, in theory I could set a cron job to check for an updated reports.tar.gz file every hour or whatever and have the server os unpack it rather than the control panel ..... couldn't I?

if I can get this figured out I would like to host a couple FHM leagues, maybe an early-adopter league (a league that moves to new versions asap) and a league that goes all out to showcase the full range of the simulation.

and to show my commitment to the wiki-project, increase traffic on the wiki & save myself some hassle and managing one less website software package, I will soon be moving corporate league baseball fully to the wiki software. our section of it will be visually customized & we'll still use our domain name, but we'll be using the wiki as our league site. I just haven't told the guys yet so no spilling the beans

and lastly, for today. in 2016 I would like to have a gaol of starting an "ootp tv" web channel for ootp related pocasts, webcasts, game videos, dynasty reports, ect. I have a free, no-ads service to use (streamup) & the wiki can embed the stream as well. but at least 4-6 hours of recorded content is need so it can be set it on a 24/7 loop.

for some health reasons, I have not made any recorded video content in a while and while I hope that changes soon, I have been saying that damn near 2 years now. so I really, really need the community to help pull that off. & yes it's a bit ambitious, heaven forbid we be ambitious

Last edited by jazzrack; 12-17-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:23 AM   #4
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

a quick update

completed a fairly large server-side update

fixed a wiki issue that developed with edge and chrome browsers (ended up being a cookie configuration issue, if you are having problems delete the cookie ootpwiki)

completed a wiki software update

added an SSL certificate & support, ootpwiki.info is now https. (if you run an online league or other websites & want/need ssl, check out https://letsencrypt.org/ for free ssl certs, & yes it's legit, but still in beta)

developed the self-service mod upload system for FHM, still need to add more categories and then navigation

started the re-organization process for ootp baseball mods. first step is a quick and dirty legacy mods sort, then sorted by year released. I figure real sorting can start with mods released in 2013.

using corporate league baseball, we are experimenting with how to use the wiki site to host online leagues

server-side all that is left is automate the back-up process & figure out a cron job to unpack league reports since we can't unpack .tgz files from the user control panel.

I have a lot on my ootp plate and limited time so we don't move very fast, but we keep on moving

Last edited by jazzrack; 12-23-2015 at 08:03 AM.
2 thanks for this post:
HerbD (12-23-2015), Tyke (12-23-2015)
Old 11-20-2017, 02:12 AM   #5
Rosie2715
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
this is great
Rosie2715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:06 PM   #6
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 645x in 446 posts
hate to ask will this site be updated for OOTP19??? and curious as to best guess for ETA ?? Had to ask sorry.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote