Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.4.40 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

OOTP Baseball 20 - AVAILABLE NOW!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:21 PM   #1
majesty95
All Star Starter

Thanked 240x in 167 posts
Possible to limit available stats?

I think I've proposed this before, but how difficult would it be to limit the stats available? For instance, if I want to play in the 80's and not have WAR or FIP and all of the new age stats displayed, could that be done? What about for guys playing in the 30's and 40's? I've always found it weird to play a historical and have access to all of these stats that were not around then (or at least not very mainstream).
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:54 AM   #2
Hrycaj
All Star Reserve

Thanked 156x in 107 posts
I agree. I have thought about asking for this as a new feature a few times. I always held back because I thought that very few people would be interested in such a feature.

Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
majesty95 (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #3
majesty95
All Star Starter

Thanked 240x in 167 posts
In theory it seems easy to just hide stat categories from view but then there is the way stats are displayed. I'm sure it possible. Hopefully its something that could be done. Would be a lot of fun to have less info in historicals
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:57 AM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,765x in 1,426 posts
statistical tracking detail setting may or may not do this.. not sure if it eliminates war, specifically.

league settings -> stats and ai.. drop-down on top left of screen, if i recall.

again, not 100% if this will do what you need. the way the manual describes it would make sense though.

as i think about it, i turn it to lowest for MiLs, and war is still there. player profiles and such look the same. so, not sure what this setting does beside speeding up sim time a bit. a lot of the advanced stats aren't necessarily tracked, they are calculated from basic data that is kept. so, i guess that isn't related to 'tracking' ? no tracking of extra stuff needed, really.

Last edited by NoOne; 01-12-2019 at 06:00 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote