Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 Available!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - New to the Game?

OOTP 18 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 12-02-2017, 09:55 AM   #1
burning_phoneix
Bat Boy

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Can't resign players in Indepedent leagues

I'm currently in the offseason after winning the Can-Am division in my first year (but losing to the Winnipeg Jets 3-2 in the first round of the play offs) but I have a severe problem.

For some reason, no player or staff will sign anything other than a 1 year contract with no extensions allowed.

I thought that wouldn't be a problem, I'll just resign them immediately to 1 year contracts next year as well (despite me wanting to lock down several all-stars to multi year contracts this is the best I can do)

Here's the problem though, my payroll last year was 287'000$ but....I only have less than 100'000$ to sign "free" agents and over 350'000$ for extensions. I'm down to 40'000$ for free agents and have barely a skeleton of a team and I can't tell the dumb owner that there are no extensions in this league for some reason.

Is this a glitch or does the Can-Am association really only have one year contracts? Am I doing something wrong with contracts?

Last edited by burning_phoneix; 12-02-2017 at 09:57 AM.
burning_phoneix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:58 PM   #2
ohiodevil
All Star Starter

Thanked 342x in 228 posts
If you look at the Financial settings for the Can-Am League (and pretty much all the Indy Leagues), you will see that the maximum number of years that at team can offer is just 1 year. You can just go and change that to whatever you want.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
burning_phoneix (12-03-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 12:42 AM   #3
burning_phoneix
Bat Boy

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Thanks!

Is there a reason the setting is like that? Also, Can I edit the current financials of my team so that I can move the money to free agents for the current season?
Old 12-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #4
WIUPIKE
Major Leagues

Thanked 126x in 89 posts
I believe the setting is set at 1 year because most players sign 1 year deals in independent ball to hopefully be signed by an MLB team
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:07 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 6,152x in 3,137 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
I believe the setting is set at 1 year because most players sign 1 year deals in independent ball to hopefully be signed by an MLB team
Exactly. In real life almost no one signs multi-year deals with Indy teams. Maybe a couple older guys who have been with the same team for years and are fixtures might do so, but it's really rare.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 18!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 3!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:36 PM   #6
burning_phoneix
Bat Boy

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Exactly. In real life almost no one signs multi-year deals with Indy teams. Maybe a couple older guys who have been with the same team for years and are fixtures might do so, but it's really rare.
I see. I wish that the game's AI realizes it's an owner of a Indy club and set the budgets accordingly. The player AI is also a bit wack, some players after getting out of a contract started asking for 1 million dollars and over per year, thinking they were major league quality. While I concur they could probably be minor leaguers, no way can they even dream of commanding 1-2 million per annum contracts.

In any case, I just used Commissioner mode to fix the finances manually.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:47 AM   #7
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,172x in 1,914 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burning_phoneix View Post
I see. I wish that the game's AI realizes it's an owner of a Indy club and set the budgets accordingly. The player AI is also a bit wack, some players after getting out of a contract started asking for 1 million dollars and over per year, thinking they were major league quality. While I concur they could probably be minor leaguers, no way can they even dream of commanding 1-2 million per annum contracts.

In any case, I just used Commissioner mode to fix the finances manually.
Check your league financial settings, see if teams have lots of money for FA's, etc. Sounds like your league has lots of money. It's supply and demand, if the money's there, players will ask for it. The AI is doing what it's designed to do.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 12-08-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote