Home | Webstore
Latest News: - FHM 3 Available! - OOTP 17.12 Available! - OOTP 17 Available Now! - MLB Manager 2016 Available Now! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

Out of the Park Baseball 18 - Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #241
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,033x in 590 posts
Thanks for the patch! For the pitch locations widget.. it's fixed for the most part. I can now see them in 3d view.. but they populate before the actual play in 3d?

This was not like this in v17? It would populate after the play is over but now it's instant before the play even happens.

Am I missing some setting? I want it to pause and display after the play is completed.
Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM   #242
Substance59
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 10x in 3 posts
Not sure if this was intended, but International amateur FAs that generate during the summer are noticably worse. Just been simming as Commish to try stuff out and in the editor their values are much lower than in past games.
Substance59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM   #243
x McLovin x
Bat Boy

Thanked 2x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Substance59 View Post
Not sure if this was intended, but International amateur FAs that generate during the summer are noticably worse. Just been simming as Commish to try stuff out and in the editor their values are much lower than in past games.
While on the subject of International Free Agency - I noticed a glitch where an opposing team offered the maximum allowable offer ($5 million by default) to a player but when I hit "Meet Demand" or manually changed my offer to $5 million in the negotiation screen, it wasn't allowing me to officially submit the offer (nothing happened every time I clicked on it). Sadly, he was by far the best prospect available and lost him to the other team. Anyone else also experiencing this issue?
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM   #244
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,573x in 1,715 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Substance59 View Post
In OOTP17, if you compared a typical long-running fictional league to real MLB, you'd find the number of big-bonus international amateurs was about 67% higher in OOTP, i.e. if you had five of those guys on your big league team, you really only should have been able to graduate three of them. And in terms of the WAR you were buying, a dollar spent on international amateurs in OOTP17 was worth ten times as much as in real life.

So there were a few important differences between the game and reality - international amateurs were too cheap to sign, made the Majors too often, and were generally too good once they got there. OOTP tended to create all these guys amazing, and they either survived the butchery of OOTP's development engine unscathed and became stars, or they got turned into mincemeat along the way and topped out in A-ball.

I haven't had a chance to look at this in much detail in OOTP18. The player demands seem much more sensibly distributed now at least. Player ability also needed adjusting, to make the model realistic, and I think that was tweaked, but I haven't checked the consequences. It's possible the adjustments were too drastic (or not drastic enough!).
injury log is online now   Reply With Quote