Home | Webstore
Latest News: - FHM 3 Available! - OOTP 17.12 Available! - OOTP 17 Available Now! - MLB Manager 2016 Available Now! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

Out of the Park Baseball 18 - Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:25 AM   #141
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,877x in 1,031 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Based on his terrific ST performance: Masahiro Tanaka, Cy Young candidate in 2017?

If it happens, remember I said it here first! If it doesn't happen, forget I said anything.
He was a Cy Young candidate last year for me. I would've put him 4th had I had a vote.
actionjackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:29 PM   #142
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Thanked 962x in 381 posts
As much as I love the option to add tournaments in OOTP, I wish there was a tickable option to remove them from real life.

Didi's shoulder injury is the first major glitch of an otherwise unusually positive, productive & optimistic Yankee camp this spring. Bam Bam Meulens actually appeared to be taking great pains not to endanger Gregorius by DHing him. Maybe he didn't get enough work in the field to stay sharp.

At any rate, if I knew the Dutch or Papiamento word for "bummer", I'd use it here.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:11 PM   #143
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,659x in 1,509 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporegime View Post
As much as I love the option to add tournaments in OOTP, I wish there was a tickable option to remove them from real life.

Didi's shoulder injury is the first major glitch of an otherwise unusually positive, productive & optimistic Yankee camp this spring. Bam Bam Meulens actually appeared to be taking great pains not to endanger Gregorius by DHing him. Maybe he didn't get enough work in the field to stay sharp.

At any rate, if I knew the Dutch or Papiamento word for "bummer", I'd use it here.
Thank goodness for Gleyber Torres. What a luxury to have him at a time like this. We'll see whether his Yankees career is about to begin ahead of schedule.

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:59 PM   #144
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DéjÃ* Bru View Post
Thank goodness for Gleyber Torres. What a luxury to have him at a time like this. We'll see whether his Yankees career is about to begin ahead of schedule.
Agreed, but remember, despite the media already anointing this kid as the next Derek Jeter, he's still only 20-years-old and hasn't played above A-ball. There's a lot of pressure being placed on this kid (unnecessarily I think) to be the next Yankee great. Ideally, Torres will be given at least one more year of seasoning in the minors before everyone starts looking to him to part the Red Sea.

Besides, it just flat out sucks losing Didi until May. Gregorius is on the cusp of becoming an elite player. He's gotten significantly better in each of his first two seasons with the Yanks and still hasn't reached his development ceiling yet. Hopefully, this injury won't have any long-term deleterious effects on his development. As cool as it would be to have Manny Machado, I'd rather see the Yanks pursue pitching (Kershaw anyone?) in the FA market and move Didi to Third. He played some third for the D-Backs, and certainly has the arm, range (and now) the power to be considered a viable candidate to fill that position.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:11 PM   #145
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Cashman's taking the high road in not criticizing the WBC even though Gregorius supposedly injured his shoulder playing "out of position" at 2B. He's right, of course, in that Didi could have suffered the same injury, or another, right here in spring training. It's the luck of the draw.

You were right about Torres, of course. The Yankees have no intention of bringing him up to the parent club to start the season. From what I just read over at ESPN, it looks like Ronald Torreyes and/or Tyler Wade will get a chance.

'Course, if they stink, Torres will be a powerful temptation.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:04 AM   #146
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Cashman's taking the high road in not criticizing the WBC even though Gregorius supposedly injured his shoulder playing "out of position" at 2B. He's right, of course, in that Didi could have suffered the same injury, or another, right here in spring training. It's the luck of the draw.

You were right about Torres, of course. The Yankees have no intention of bringing him up to the parent club to start the season. From what I just read over at ESPN, it looks like Ronald Torreyes and/or Tyler Wade will get a chance.

'Course, if they stink, Torres will be a powerful temptation.
Torreyes was impressive last year. He seems like a really versatile and scrappy player who has all the makings of a big league super-sub. Wade has looked pretty good this spring, but judging by his minor league numbers, he's likely little more than a career backup player (if that).

Bottom line: We need Didi back ASAP.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:07 PM   #147
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

This fellow Jordan Montgomery, a 4th round draft pick in 2014, may have more of a claim to a rotation slot than ANY pitcher on the Yankees roster right now whose first name is not Masahiro.

Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM   #148
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Don't look now (oh, alright, go ahead and look) but Aaron Judge is hitting for average, not just power.

Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM   #149
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

This post will get us to #149. Two more posts and Levine's ugly mug will be banished forever (unless I go back in the thread) for me.
Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM   #150
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I am more excited about this upcoming Yankees season than I have been in years (post #150).

I challenge you, aj, to either support or refute my assertion! (post #151).

Thank you for this post:
actionjackson (Today)
Old Today, 03:12 AM   #151
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am more excited about this upcoming Yankees season than I have been in years (post #150).

I challenge you, aj, to either support or refute my assertion! (post #151).
You should be more excited about this upcoming season than you have been in years. There are young guns everywhere. The minor league system is chock full with supposed studs, and you've got a war chest set aside for the 2018-2019 free agent class. What a spot to be in. Goodbye Randy Levine. Please nobody else post a picture of that grinchy looking fellow.