Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 Available! Save 10%!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:27 PM   #1
Nick6
Bat Boy

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Game won't load past 43%

I tried loading a particular game a few different times, and each time it won't load past 43%. I tried uninstalling OOTP and reinstalling it but it did not make a difference. Is the game file corrupted beyond repair?
Attached Images
Nick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #2
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,498x in 1,885 posts
It may be one of those odd 'wait it out' moments, too, and won't happen after its completion. May be a given, but have you just walked away and let it run its course? I've had this occur (rarely) and it's taken nearly 10 minutes, but eventually it jumps the hurdle.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:49 PM   #3
Nick6
Bat Boy

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
I might try this one night, or when I'm out doing other things, but I tried letting it run before. Probably waiting close to 10 minutes with no results.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:50 PM   #4
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,498x in 1,885 posts
May very well be a problem then. If it doesn't work, submit a ticket and upload the league files. Hope it works out for you.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 6,123x in 3,121 posts
It does seem like the file might have become corrupted. Whether beyond repair or not remains to be seen.

The first thing to try would be to see if you can load from the auto-save.

To restore from the automatic backup, do the following:

1) Open the game and on the start screen, click on Settings (or Preferences in OOTP 11-14).

2) Now click on the tab "Troubleshooting".

3) Click "Open folder containing saved games".

4) Now open up the league folder you're wanting to restore.

5) Then select all of the .dat files in the folder and back them up (just in case) by copying them to a temporary folder or creating a zipped file with them

6) Open the folder called "auto-save".

7) In there, select all of the ".dat" files and copy them to the league folder (the parent of the current folder) overwriting all of the ".dat" files in the league folder.

Now start the game and load your league. If it's successful, it will display a message letting you know it's cleaning up text files. This might take several minutes to complete (or even longer if the auto-save backup is older, like from the beginning of the year).

Let me know if that helps or not.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 18!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 3!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
Nick6
Bat Boy

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Yesterday I took Endgame's advice and let it run while I was out of the house. When I came back the game fully loaded. Now I know something is corrupted, my game is now filled with a bunch of "Jim unknown's". From now on, I think I'm going to put OOTP on its own hard drive so nothing else can cause a disruption of game files.
Thank you for this post:
endgame (06-20-2017)